mrsniady1

MOC: R.S. Neptune

UPDATE

it's a WIP now

wp_20140905_14_28_45.jpg

More in last post

_________________________________________________________________________________________

[pid][/pid] 150D

Hi

Here's my latest MOC. This is Redcoats Ship Neptune:

102_1701.jpg

And with the crew:

102_1482.jpg

She is a 2-gun-deck ship built with a slope-tumblehome technique:

3.jpg

An eagle-eye view:

6.jpg

As she was built as a playable toy for my kids, Neptune is very solid. It is the first MOC I started to build - but finished second - after Redskull sloop. I also thought that Neptune will be my opus magnum, but that's not true - I am already working on another ship (for bluecoats) which will be better for sure.

Here's another look on Neptune's brave crew:

7.jpg

The poop deck:

81.jpg

Let's look into captain's cabin:

91.jpg

Redcoating ain't easy...

93.jpg

Cabin is also accesible from the stern:

99_1.jpg

Like this:

99_2.jpg

Stern:

99.jpg

Here you can see hammocks:

99_3.jpg

Gundeck is also accesible:

94.jpg

Capstan works for both anchors and crane.

95_1.jpg

97.jpg

Sorry for a bit fuzzy pictures.

Neptune was built to chase and fight pirate ships: QAR, BP and aforementioned Redskull. That's why she has untypical rigging with four masts (with machine sewn PvC fabric sails).

Here's my BS folder (when public)

C&C welcomed

Ahoy!

Edited by mrsniady1

Very nice :thumbup: Was this based on the Endeavour from Pirates of the Caribbean?

Go to Classic-Pirates.com

Very nice, just saw this on Brickshelf before coming here. (your folder is public). :classic:

Hi again! Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate it.

@ Matteo1130: thanks! And about last lateen mast - bonaventure mizzen was often used on bigger galleons, so I used it too.

@ Grimmbeard: no, it wasn't based on Endeavour, it was rebuilded few times, untill reaching current form (and I still think about rebuilding it again:-). Oh - and thanks for the description of Neptune on the C-P blog. You made my day!

@ ManInATopHat: thanks! I'll try to photograph the process of making sails, while making them for another ship and post it.

Nice MOC, digging it to be honest. This reminds me of the black seas barracuda pirate ship just a little bit. The ship has a very smooth, clean look that makes the pieces really flow together. The sails are really nice as well. The only thing that is wrong is those new red coats, lets see more of them old school ones. :tongue:

Good job!

UPDATE

I've been working on my ship for some time.

I think it looks much better now. I'm pretty proud how galleries turned out.

Still many things to do- there are no decks, cannonns, headrails and many other things. I also think, that bonaventure mizzen should be removed and mizzen should be gaff-rigged.

And what do you think, fellow companions?

wp_20140905_14_27_02.jpg

wp_20140905_14_28_10.jpg

wp_20140905_14_28_34.jpg

wp_20140905_14_28_59.jpg

Edited by mrsniady1

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Wow. That is gorgeous...

You managed to build a beautiful ship, while still remaining true to official building styles and legal connections/parts(two things that I regard very highly in any MOC)!

My hat goes off to you, sir. This is a masterpiece!

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Beautiful. You've given this ship an amazing makeover. The stern looks excellent and I love the balcony. I agree that the 4th mast needs removal and the mizzen gaff-rigged. I also think that the anchor's beam should be reddish brown or even tan to offer contrast.

Some new additions.

Cannons:

armaty1.jpg

armata_1.jpg

Beautiful. You've given this ship an amazing makeover. The stern looks excellent and I love the balcony. I agree that the 4th mast needs removal and the mizzen gaff-rigged. I also think that the anchor's beam should be reddish brown or even tan to offer contrast.

Thank you!

The gaff-rigged mizzen-mast:

galf1.jpg

The anchor:

kotwica1.jpg

wow great moc, i like the improved back much more than the original. does it still flip down?

Thanks.

Still workin on the stern. But it definitely will be opening.

Fantastic improvement - excellent job!

By the way: How did you manage to update the initial post? I thought that was "frozen" for good.

Thanks!

Just pushed 'Edit' button pirate_laugh_new.gif