Kai NRG

Display in Petraea University

(I'm sort of assuming that the 'second semester' is in swing, though if it isn't, free build all the way!)

In the halls of Petraea University there are many sections devoted to displaying models, statues, and other historic content, and here's one of them!

9217183099_97568df988.jpg

A boat and statue honoring Yoursulf the Yed, one of the most famous Kaliphlin merchants, trained in Petraea University.

9217192771_fff6585f03.jpg

A statue of a reading student:

9217179819_cc8d485769.jpg

And a model gatehouse on display.

9219968130_f58f8405bf.jpg

Comments are appreciated! It actually took me quite a while to come up with all the little details, but I'm happy with how it worked out (though it could have been around a more cohesive theme, admittedly.

Nice build, I agree about the gatehouse :classic:

The boat and Yoursulf (me? :laugh:) the Yed are excellent too.

Great displays, the ship and ancient temple are my favorites :thumbup: Nice woodwork for the room too :classic:

Wow, great micro-builds Kai! Nice technique with the reading students legs, but perhaps you should have made them straighter up, as at the moment it looks like he needs the toilet.

Thanks all!

Great displays, the ship and ancient temple are my favorites :thumbup: Nice woodwork for the room too :classic:

Thanks SK, I'm glad you noticed the woodwork as I was quite happy with that!

Wow, great micro-builds Kai! Nice technique with the reading students legs, but perhaps you should have made them straighter up, as at the moment it looks like he needs the toilet.

:laugh: Yes the position isn't quite ideal! You know, it didn't look quite so bad IRL!

Thanks!

Good job! I like the little details and the things people can do with micro scale is beyond me. Good work there.

I agree the student does look like they need to use the facilities, but it at least gives an impression of legs instead of the normal LEGO person sitting down.

I really like the ship the most. I was just thinking of doing a micro scale ship scene with multiple ships and I was going to do a simple 1x2 inverted slope, but I like this way much better.

Keep up the good work!

Wow! Your sailing ship blows my mind!

And is that the Acropolis in front? Can you give us a close up of the temple?

Great interior, too!

PS: Young folks often sit that way (like the student in the red chair)...so it does not bother me at all. But then I am not a guy either! And it does add character to the whole room!

Edited by Legogal

Wonderful mini-builds!The wood work is also pretty cool. Could we possibly get a close-up of the dragon skeleton?:moar:

This is great. I love the boat :wub: , the skeleton and the temple. I like the upper trim on the back wall as well, although I feel it needs to be higher to be part of a university.

I agree the student does look like they need to use the facilities, but it at least gives an impression of legs instead of the normal LEGO person sitting down.

I thought the same thing at first, and then thought maybe he / she was just nervous!

Thanks again to those that commented!

Good job! I like the little details and the things people can do with micro scale is beyond me. Good work there.

I really like the ship the most. I was just thinking of doing a micro scale ship scene with multiple ships and I was going to do a simple 1x2 inverted slope, but I like this way much better.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I played around with an inverted slopes for the ship but it looked too blocky for that scale. Plus it meant I had to figure out how to use all four studs...

Wow! Your sailing ship blows my mind!

And is that the Acropolis in front? Can you give us a close up of the temple?

Great interior, too!

PS: Young folks often sit that way (like the student in the red chair)...so it does not bother me at all. But then I am not a guy either! And it does add character to the whole room!

Thanks Legogal! I did take a close up of the Acropolis style building, so here you go:

9219959370_4a14e1a52c.jpg

PS. :tongue: Guess I learned something from the discussion... better scrutinize your builds unbiasedly before photography! :laugh:

Wonderful mini-builds!The wood work is also pretty cool. Could we possibly get a close-up of the dragon skeleton? :moar:

Thanks! Unfortunately, I didn't get a close up of the dragon. He was in a bit of an awkward position (and I really felt like he didn't look so great once you saw the head better...).

This is great. I love the boat :wub: , the skeleton and the temple. I like the upper trim on the back wall as well, although I feel it needs to be higher to be part of a university.

Thanks Kristel! Yes, I also was thinking it could use a bit more height but just didn't have the tiles or the headlight bricks to do so!

very lovely build kai, I really like the paneled wall and all the activity going on. Always amazing to see how you come up with so many cool scenes with such a limited amount of bricks!

very lovely build kai, I really like the paneled wall and all the activity going on. Always amazing to see how you come up with so many cool scenes with such a limited amount of bricks!

Thanks kabel! I must admit that about three-fourths of the brown tiles are my brother's... :grin:

Great job Kai! So many great things to like in this!! :sweet:

Thanks Damaximus!

I really like the temple, but the ship is my favorite. Excellent mini builds!