Sign in to follow this  
-GZ-

MOC: Large Composite Column Capital (Black)

This is my third try to build this architectyral detail with LEGO bricks, and now it's large and detailed! Unfortunately, I have proper elements only in black colour. This is honestly only the capital (stand is added only to place it somewhere), and more honestly, only half of it.) But in my opinion it's enough to compare it with the real one and to find some interesting building techniques here!

9173867101_d768304d98_o.jpg

Large Composite Column Capital (Black) - 8 Comparison by GZakky, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83780048@N06/sets/72157634410810442/with/9173867101/

Please visit my Flickr photostream to find more interesting MOCs and minifigs!

Wow! now... the rest of the building? :wacko:

In all seriousness, I think you could use this technique on a smaller scale to a similar effect for a more reasonably sized MOC building.

I tried to build smaller versions of the capitals (look through my Flickr), and also buildings with them, but the main idea of this MOC was to build the capital as detailed as it's possible using parts from my LEGO collection

Being mostly a LEGO collector, I have no parts to build any big MOC even with smaller capitals now, and bricklinking is a kind of problem for me not only because of money, but also because it takes more than a month to get anything from Europe\US here where I live.

Thanks for viewing!