Sign in to follow this  
Tanma

Spiders 2-an MCU sequel

So here we are again, with a new story. This is the sequel to Spiders, an earlier story I wrote taking place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe/Rebooted spider-man universe. The premise of that story was SHIELD creating four clones of Spider-Man, and their discovery of this fact. You can find it in my signature, I suggest you read it before checking this one out.

This one ended up a bit darker I think than the original, which was odd because I was clinically depressed during the first one and not so much during the second. Not sure what that says about me. I might revisit these characters later, but currently I have a few other projects to do and Wasp week to celebrate. Not to mention the ideas I want to do but can't (Cass, why can't you exist any more!) please leave a comment with your thoughts. With that out of the way I present:

Spiders 2

"I'm telling you, it's legit."

A man with the tattoo of Iron Man on his shoulder gestured to one of his companions, who stepped forward. The second man walked over to the crate, and slid open the compartment to reveal a human shaped silhouette.

The parking garage was cloaked in umbra, with only a few flickering lights from the ceiling. The two forces both carried weaponry on their backs, in this garage in the shadow of a hotel.

"Incredible," the tattooed man pushed his fellow aside, "How did you keep it out of the government's claws?"

"I know a guy," a black haired woman smirked.

"It looks so pristine," the tattooed man marveled, "Does it work still?"

"Well it took a hammering in the Battle at Stark Expo," the woman stated, "But my boys and I know a think about Hammertech, enough to get it running."

The tattooed man's hand felt the machine, feeling over the device. "Any idea what you gonna do with this?" the woman asked.

"Oh, nothing really," the tattooed man answered vaguely, "It just speaks to me, you know? A man built a completely new power of the world in a cave, with just scraps. Ah, if only I could get some of his armor. But this, this is still beautiful."

"So no plans?"

"Oh I already have plenty of power," the tattooed man shrugged, before turning to the woman, "Now, I believe you wanted this?"

He gestured to another companion, who walked up to a truck. With a shove he slid it open, to unveil a tray of green vials.

"The good doctor's own concoction," the tattooed man stated, "all replicas of the Hulk's blood."

"Impressive," the woman stated as she eyed the fluid, "That should do it."

"I am glad to hear it, I was worried I might miss my meeting," the tattooed man nodded to two more workers, who began to haul the crate away.

"You should call ahead," a voice remarked, "you still might miss it."

Quickly guns clicked and fired out the sound of the voice, while a large figure lunged about in the shadows.

Suddenly the tattooed man crumbled as a fist crashed into his skull. "Can you say 'distraction'?" a new voice smirked.

Everyone swiveled to see a brief flash of a young burgundy shape, lean and sharp. In that flash it had leapt away, flipping out of sight. The burgundy vigilante twisted their spine into a curve as they returned to the shadows, bending in an inhuman shape.

Suddenly four of the guards were clutched by a shadow, and swung into the distance. As others rushed to the spotted the agile darkened red hunter twirled in, before bashing two of the enemies together.

"You guys are pretty bad aren't you," the second voice remarked. It was somewhat high in pitch, though there was also a deepness to the edges. As the gunfire swiveled towards them, the black hunter dragged three more guards away.

As the last of them crumbled, the woman stated, "Listen, I am Agent Johnson of-"

Jess smashed her fist into Johnson's back as she rolled her eyes beneath her mask, before remarking, "Well that changes things."

Jess wore a burgundy suit covering her whole, body, except for her tossed brown hair and her exposed fingers. On her chest was the symbol of a ivory spider, while on her face were two white eye splotches

"Wait, she is with SHIELD?" Anton asked as the agent fell. Unlike his sister he had four additional arms, and a black suit. With two of his hands he slid his mask up, exposing his eight eyes and her furry skin.

"Yeah, we need to move," Jess darted over to the truck, and shifted open the crate. The Iron Drone stared back up at her, causing her to grin. She flung it over her head, and onto her shoulder. From there she raced to the non SHIELD agents, looting their wallets.

Anton walked over to the tray of Hulk blood and stated, "We need to take this too."

"Duh," she darted off into the night of the city.

"Did you know?" Anton asked as he carried the tray in all of his hands.

"Know what?" Jess leapt through the alleyways, "That we should stop doing this? Because we should."

"Did you know that was a SHIELD trap?"

"Your faith in me is astounding," Jess's voice was heavy with sarcasm, "No, I didn't know that was SHIELD. I'm not stupid you know, I get that we need to stay under the government's radar. I'm the one urging you to stop this, you know."

"No one forces you to come here." Anton broke his serious face into a soft grin.

"You would do this with or without me," Jess shrugged, "And since I doubt anyone is going to miss seeing the giant man-spider..."

"It never occurred to the others," his grin grew.

"Eh," she answered, "Let's focus on escaping before SHIELD finds out we were here. If they didn't already know."

"So you believe my theory?" Anton raised a few eyebrows.

"Maybe they are giving us space, maybe not," she shrugged, "But they tried to kill us if you have forgotten, so I don't really care. And Mac is still dealing with what happened to him."

"Ahah," Anton said suddenly, "One of them cut my hand when I dragged him away."

"Give it a few," Jess offered. He nodded, even as he ran the wound began to seal back up.

Anton nodded as they moved, before asking, "So, um, what exactly do you remember of our - his - Peter's life?"

"Like I told you," she sighed, "Ever since that mission I remember everything up to the final fight with the lizard. Quit focusing on it. Yeah, we are Spider-Man's clones, but we are not him. Got it?"

"I know," Anton answered, "I just...I want to know what he was like, if he would approve."

"Eh, he is about as messed up as us," she shrugged as she raced, "Although at least he isn't a clone of himself being actively hunted by the government agency that made him. That would put him over the edge."

"You really think he could go villain?"

"Maybe," she was bluntly honest, "Not any more, but there was a time. Man, I hate not being able to use my webs."

Jess and Anton and their siblings were synthesized from the genetics of Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man. Peter had been mutated by genetic engineering and had developed numerous abilities. His clones had more, modified further by SHIELD and then by Jess.

Aside from the obvious change in Jess's genome from Peter, she also possessed spinnerets in her fingertips. She could swing across webs or imprison foes with gooey webbing, but with her brothers and her on the run, she didn't want to leave a trail behind.

It had been on their first mission for SHIELD, Jess was overtaken by memories of Peter. She discovered their nature as clones, before SHIELD attempted to terminate them. They escaped, and have been fleeing since.

Finally the two young heroes made their way to a barren part of the street, and thrust open a manhole cover. They leapt, landing on all fours at the bottom.

As they rounded a corner the pair of them ran into Kaine, his arms crossed. "I see you've been making friends," he muttered, "I take it that it's time to run?"

"You really have to ask?" Jess stated as she walked through the sewer, before tossing the drone to Mac. The larger sibling had a stinger-tail growing out from between his shoulders, sharp and pointed.

Quickly Jess darted to a corner of their makeshift base, digging her way through the smell that engulfed the tunnel. Besides the stream of ooze her hands caught her prey, a pair of fingerless gloves, with a series of wires peaking out through side of the fabric.

As she clutched the gloves she raced to her backpack, before pulling from the bag a pair of jeans and a shirt. Centered on the shirt was the shape of a large green brute: the Hulk.

She stripped off her suit, before jamming it within the bag. Immediately she threw on the street clothes, while the others gathered their own supplies. In a matter of seconds she was done, before she flung a worn jacket over her back.

Stretching her back Jess looked over her brothers. "You know we have a time limit?" she offered as she slid the gloves over her hands.

"Done," Anton finished hiding the vials of blood within his bag, even as Kaine slung his bag on. Mac just clutched at the drone, a bag latched around his neck and arm.

With a series of nods the group darted off into the shadows, leaping and running through the sewers. With each bound they moved further into darkness, traveling beneath the city.

-------------------

Jess and Kaine scouted ahead, lurking over the rooftops. With casual leaps they bounded from building to building, latching to the sides with their fingers and their raw strength. Behind them crept up Anton and Mac, both a bit too bulky to hide.

"Well it took a while," Jess muttered as they stopped, "but I think we avoided all the traffic cameras. You know, maybe."

The four of them stood on the roof of a train station, dawn still a few hours away. With some time to relax the youths crouched down, and waited.

As Jess stretched she yawned, before gesturing to Mac. He was the largest of the four of them, and wore armor of gold and green, with a grey helmet on top.

Mac walked over to her, before handing Jess the drone. From her bag she plucked a dissected gold rod, the remains of an alien weapon. It had been built of the same material of Mac's suit, and had been looted when the group had fled SHIELD.

The weapon had been designed to fire energy blasts, though it had been stripped of material by Jess along with nearly every piece of electronics she had found. All in order to make her gloves.

As she grabbed the drone she began to probe into it. "Crap," she muttered, "I mean I figured it was fake, but still."

"If SHIELD had tech like that we would have been fighting them by now," Kaine grumbled as he peered around.

"Still," Anton pointed out she pulled off the metal frame, "It has some electronics in it. So it wasn't all for nothing."

"Thank you Ant," she sighed as she dissected the tracer, "So what do you want us to do with it?"

"Train," Mac commented as a locomotive pulled in.

"We'll wait for the third," Anton decided, "If it doesn't work we should leave it, but we shouldn't leave any systems." He crawled over to the drone, and began to pull into it.

"I've got this," Jess swiped it away. As she finished removing circuits and wiring she asked, "You know SHIELD has definitely woken up by now." She jabbed the gear back in the bag, along with the rod.

"Right," Anton leapt down, before slipping along the train tracks. The others followed as he explained, "Then we won't wait on the platform. We walk along, then board one mid-drive."

"Fine," Kaine said, as the four of them crept along the tracks, going out of the city.

As they walked there was a rush behind them. The train flew past, chugging along the rails. Quickly they leapt on, clinging onto the side. They hung on, letting their wall-gripping fingers keep them secured.

As they went along they reached an intersection,while another freight train zoomed past. With a leapt they jumped onto the second, now headed in anew direction from the city.

The four young heroes climbed up top, reaching the roof the a boxcar. As they rode along Mac asked over the din of the locomotive, "So what we do in three days?"

"Nothing," Jess interrupted, "We aren't celebrating anything until one of us actually breaks a year."

"We'll see," Anton answered Mac, who nodded in turn. The four of them held on, even as the landscape rushed past them.

-------------------

"According to Johnson they took both the drone and the samples of Hulk blood," Agent Hill stated, "before abandoning our plant at a local train station. We think we have their probably location, headed south."

Nick Fury nodded, "Well I guess we better go get them, shouldn't we."

"Yessir."

"Um...are you sure that's wise?" A scientist offered from across the room.

"Something you want to add Doc?"

Doctor Escarlata winced, "Well...they couldn't just leave the samples once our men were knocked out? Any common criminal could have gotten it."

"I get that you don't think they are supervillains," Fury turned, "But if you think I am letting the chance of another Hulk, you are insane."

"Oh," Escarlata sat back down.

"Find them, and try to get that blood from them without any pointless confrontation," Fury ordered to the agents assembled.

As the government agents departed Escarlata asked, "Should we really be letting Reilly go after them too?"

"Oh I know this will blow up in my face," Fury answered, "But our 'beloved' council is still sh--ing on me for refusing to nuke New York. They want Reilly, they can have him. Maybe then they will stop telling us how to do our jobs."

As Escarlata moved to go Fury stated, "By the way, we looked over the treatments you gave them while they were shriveled up jelly, and it turns out you spent an unnecessary amount of time on their brains."

"The first batch was unstable-"

"Do. Not. Lie. To me."

The scientist looked away, "I...you can't start off a person with no memories and an almost fully formed brain. It...it can drive them mad. It drove the first group mad. So I tried to replicate-"

"-The memories of a teenage vigilante who spent his early career hunting down any person who potentially resembled his uncle's murderer," Fury finished.

Escarlata looked down as Fury ordered, "The council wants to speak to you."

-------------------

Jess fiddled with her gloves as the train zoomed past, tweaking the hand covers with makeshift tools. Her hands carefully moved through them, linking wires together with alien technology.

Besides her Anton was using pieces from the alien weapon and the recovered drone to modify Mac's environmental suit. As the first of the clones Mac had several anomalies, and couldn't exit his suit. The tech was salvaged from the 2011 alien invasion, though Anton and Jess were still learning how to use it.

Anton nodded to Mac, saying, "Hopefully that should help with the night-thing. You know, you might not need this any more, since Jess gave us the cure-"

"Not a cure," Jess commented without looking up, "There was nothing wrong with us." The four of them had suffered accelerated aging while they worked at SHIELD, though a steady stream of drugs kept them stable. Jess had managed to manufacture a drug that stopped their aging, and had the side-effect of improved healing and regeneration.

"Right," Anton said, as Mac focused on his helmet. The helm was taken from the remains of the Iron Monger, one of the world's first supervillains. As Mac focused in a sudden flicker his visor lit up, casting light through the night.

Mac was the first of them to remember Peter, and so far only Jess had joined him. Mac had suffered far more, his mind constantly barraged by visions of a life that wasn't his. It got to the point that SHIELD locked him up, to let him die in isolation.

Mac feared the night. Night was when Peter's uncle died, when Captain Stacy died. Night was when Peter promised to stay away from Gwen, night was when he first fought the Lizard. Night was...tormenting to him.

Finally Jess moved back, and slid the pair of gloves back on. "Any particular reason you made those?" Kaine laid on the train, staring at the stars, "Webbing foes up getting boring?"

"Webbing leaves a trail," she muttered, "And I don't have an endless supply, I have to generate it. Not to mention SHIELD doesn't know about this."

"And Peter never made something like that, right?"

Jess blinked briefly, before giving Kaine a look. "Don't you have people to stab or something?" she glared at him, her body tense. He turned to face her as well, their gazes locked

"...Hey look, it's another station," Anton changed the subject. Jess and Kaine nodded, their eyes still on each other. Slowly, reluctantly they turned away, and leapt from the train.

Mac and Anton joined them, a little outside of the station. As they got up Jess turned to Anton and asked, "Is it safe?"

The six-armed youth swung open his pack, and checked through the vials. "They held," he said, as everyone but Kaine sighed out with relief, "Okay, we really need to find a way to dispose of this." Mac nodded firmly, his tail thrashing.

"Agreed," Jess's eyes won't stray from the bag, "I for one do not want to make another Hulk." Nods came from everyone, as Mac grabbed the bag.

"Banner," Anton decided, "he might be able to destroy this stuff. In theory. We split into groups, see if you can find anything about where he might be."

Kaine grunted in response, before walking up to Mac. "Not use smell?" Mac asked as he looked over at Kaine.

"No promises," Kaine answered, though he smirked. Kaine had the ability to produce pheromones that could influence Mac, implanted by SHIELD to help control Mac. Kaine back then had a habit of letting Mac off the leash, with one times violent results.

"And don't kill anyone." Anton watched as Kaine and Mac descended into the shadows, racing away. With a sigh Anton turned to Jess, and the two of them departed.

-------------------

"Back-up is on route," Agent Takuya informed the other SHIELD operatives as their Quinjets flew across the United States, "The Iron-Patriot is being called into action."

"So who are these guys?" Agent Prabhakar asked as he cocked his gun.

"Superhumans," Agent Carpenter whispered, "experimental superheroes designed after Spider-Man."

"We made them to prepare for the future threats," Takuya explained, "Though after they began pushing boundaries their handler ordered their execution. They went rogue, though so far they have kept out of SHIELD affairs. They have instead been trying to stop crimes as they go, delivering murderers to outside police and like."

"So then they didn't know it was a SHIELD operation?" Prabhakar asked.

"I hope so," Carpenter sighed, "They didn't kill any of our agents, just like when they went rogue. Only one of them, Kaine, has killed before, but they were all Nazis on a mission."

"So he is the one to look out for," Prabhakar sighed, "Great, the one with blades."

"There is another," Carpenter said softly. The other two turned to her as she explained, "When they went rogue, their handler tried to kill them himself. After binding him to the wall, Jess pumped her webs into his mouth for revenge."

"Wait," Prabhakar stumbled, "That is why Agent Reilly can not talk?"

"Or eat," Carpenter added, "At least without help. She did not kill him, but she left him in a living death."

"Well I will not try to piss her off," Prabhakar muttered, "Why is Reilly here?"

"Higher-ups think his experience with them will help," Takuya interjected, "But I worry the spiders are not the ones will will have to be worried about." The other two nodded as they did their last minute checks on their gear.

-------------------

Jess and Anton were slipping through the shadows, when the two of them froze suddenly. "You feel it too?" she asked, as her eyes darted about.

"We need to find the others," he stated, and the two of them took off through the streets and alleyways.

Like Spider-Man himself, the four clones possessed a sense, one that flared up when danger was coming. None of them knew how it worked, but Mac suspected it tied into how Jess and him remembered Peter's life.

The two of them leapt and bound over the rooftops, searching for any trace of their siblings. Suddenly Jess shot web into Anton, and yanked him behind an alley.

As the two dived behind a dumpster, a voice spoke. "I am Agent Takuya of SHIELD," it declared, "I require you to come with us."

"Yeah," Jess called out, "Cause the last time any of us trusted you it worked out so well for us."

"I understand your lack of trust," Takuya admitted, "But you have interfered in a SHIELD operation, mutilated over twenty agents, and destroyed a man's mouth."

"...Look, he starved our brother," Jess answered, "and when we tried to save Mac he tried to kill us. Yeah, it was a bit too far, but he deserved worse. And it's not like you couldn't fix his mouth? You cleaned up after my training all the time."

"He tried to starve your brother?" Takuya asked, "We were...not informed of that."

"Then talk to the agents I tied up," Jess shrugged out of sight, "They had Mac in a cage where they could study him while they let him rot. And yeah, I get that he was having difficulties, but there still are a hundred ways better than doing that."

There was a pause, before Takuya said, "Be that as it may, you must still come with us. Do you have the blood?"

"It's with the others," Anton answered, "Listen, I know what Jess did was messed up. But she has been making up for that, saving lives, catching criminals, we thought we were stopping a trade between criminals last night."

Takuya answered carefully, "I understand. But SHIELD needs these questions answered carefully. Please come with us, I swear you will not be harmed."

"And what is the proof of that?"

Takuya suddenly appeared beside them. "I am willing to be a hostage," he returned, "Should we betray you."

"...Thank you for your trust," Anton said. There was a pause, before Anton and Takuya walked towards where his agents stood. Jess hung back, before tensing up and following them behind Takuya.

As the light of a SHIELD van, Takuya paused. "I was...not aware you were so young."

"Eh, we look old for our age," Jess retorted as her eyes surveyed the agents one by one.

There was a sudden rush of sound, when behind them a man landed with a surge of power. He wore mechanical armor, painted in red, white and blue."

"... you brought Iron Patriot to bring us down," Jess whispered, "Wow, um, I am going to take that as a compliment."

"How is it going here?" asked the real superhero, "Any trouble?"

"They have been very cooperative," Takuya answered, "They are willing to come with us, provided I am kept as insurance."

"You fine with that?" Iron Patriot asked.

"It is understandable," Takuya replied, "And as long as I do not ask for their deaths or harm their brothers, I should be alright. Neither of them has killed before. The other group has the blood currently."

"Um, Iron Patriot," managed Jess, "Can I call you that? Uh, what was it like fighting the Ten Rings?"

"Yeah," Anton's eyes were big, "Have you met Captain America yet?"

"How old are you?" Iron Patriot asked slowly.

"Five month-I mean seventeen," laughed Anton nervously, "Why would I say five months, no one is five months old. Except for babies, but we aren't babies. I mean clearly we aren't, right Jess?

"Idiot," Jess muttered, thought she was still grinning at Iron Patriot, "Yeah, seventeen."

"...Uh huh," Iron Patriot eyed them, searching through his metal mask, "Forgive me if I don't buy that."

"Okay, I forgive you," Jess remarked, "What my brother Ant here meant is that he only remembers the last five months, so to him that is his age."

"Right," Anton nodded quickly, "Would we be the alternative?"

"So, can we just get to the whole talking thing," she asked as she drew closer to Takuya, "I want to get this over with so I can go back to beating up criminals. Okay?"

There was a pause, before the agents nodded. As they walked up Jess clasped her head before stating, "Listen, I am getting serious danger-vibes right now, something bad is going to happen. So you might want to prepare for stuff to go down. You know, if it isn't you."

"Can you be more detailed?"

"Nope."

-------------------

Reilly felt at his face through his mask. burnt and twisted. His mind ripped itself back to that day, bound up by webs, strapped to the wall, and then that thing penetrating his mouth and sealing it up with goo.

Oh it had tried to justify it, saying that SHIELD cleaned up its webs all the time. That they would know a way to remove the goo. But he knew, he knew it hadn't cared.

It twisted him, muting him and ravaging his digestive system. He could only eat with a tube now, and only fluids. Nothing solid, nothing good. Just more goo.

Reilly slammed his fist into the wall, before wincing from the impact. He flapped his wrist about in pain, when an agent walked up to him.

"Agent Reilly," Carpenter said, " We need to go." He nodded, and followed after the others.

-------------------

Kaine crawled about, leading Mac through the city. As he crept across the city Kaine froze, as sharp bony blades shot out of his wrists.

"You feel that?" Kaine muttered. Mac nodded, as his tail began to swivel about, probing the area.

"I smell Reilly," Mac whispered suddenly, causing Kaine to tense up completely.

"So, SHIELD is making their move," Kaine snarled, "Fine. We couldn't run forever."

His blades fully extended, Kaine looked around carefully. "Not kill," Mac said as he spun his light around.

"Yeah, not the time to spread morality," Kaine rolled his eyes, "Okay, can you figure out where they are?"

"Two groups," Mac muttered, "One to east, other with siblings."

"Jess will do what she has to," Kaine grunted, "We take out the others."

Mac nodded, before the two of them began to leap across the rooftops, heading towards the other group of agents.

"What are we looking at?" Kaine asked.

"Twenty or so," Mac answered, "Reilly there."

"Wonderful," Kaine smirked, "Let's not keep them waiting."

"Not control me, right?" Mac suddenly asked.

"A little faith would be nice," Kaine muttered, before skidding to a halt atop a rooftop. Looking down he could see SHIELD operatives, panning out around the area.

"Not kill," Mac asked as he put down the Hulk blood.

"Not promising," Kaine replied, "Monster and all that." With a leap he jumped, impaling an agent in her wrist. As the agents swiveled towards home swung the operative around, using her as a human shield. Then with a toss he threw her, smashing into another agent.

As gunfire erupted Kaine winced, shots crashing into him.as he stumbled Mac leapt through the crowd, rampaging through them. As he ran the foes fell to the side, knocked about by the large armored clone.

As the agents stumbled, Kaine straightened up and ran at them. With a leap he stabbed another agent's palm, before tearing his blade free and assaulting another one.

As he impaled the next foe, Kaine's mind flared up. Quickly he turned to spot a familiar man, with a mask clamped to his lower face. Reilly glared at him, even a he unloaded a ton of bullets

"Huh," Kaine glared, "I guess Jess was wrong about her webbing. Or maybe I am not giving her enough credit."

In a mad push Kaine charged, letting bullets smack into him. Reilly continued to fire, shredding through Kaine's body. A red mist exploded, even as Kaine ran on adrenaline.

He stumbled, before impaling Reilly in the chest. As red dripped over his blade Kaine muttered, "That-ahahah-thing is, this will only slow me-ahah-down."

-------------------

"Sir, we are under attack," a call clicked over the radio, "Two of them are massacring through-"

"Idiots," Jess tensed up, her body trembling slowly.

"Please, don't kill them," pleaded Anton, even as Iron Patriot flew off, "Kaine suffers from a lot of clinical issues, and he can control Mac through pheromones. They aren't evil."

"Trapped," muttered Jess to herself.

"They are killing our people," Takuya replied as his fellows' guns clicked up, "You are cooperating and are not threats. Please do not change that."

"Okay," Anton said slowly, "I know. We aren't fighting. But please, just don't kill them." Jess continued to shake in the background, occasionally cracking the side of a nearby building.

"I am not in control of the situation," Takuya said softly, "As much as I want to, I cannot control what happens over there. I do not want to kill your fellows, but my men are defending themselves."

"And what if I catch them?" asked Jess through gritted teeth. Anton turned towards her, to see her gaze trailing after Iron Patriot.

"If you can help us defuse the situation," Takuya said firmly, "I can promise we will not wound your brothers further."

"Great," Jess glared, "That fills me with so much confidence."

"I apologize, but there is nothing I can do."

"I apologize for having idiots for family," she said as she sprinted towards the faint sounds of gunfire, even as half the agents followed behind her.

Anton turned to Takuya just as Jess left, before he remarked, "Look, there is something I think you should know."

"Oh?"

"I am not sure how much SHIELD has told you about us," admitted Anton, "But don't you wonder why they experimented on four siblings?"

-------------------

As Kaine and Reilly lay bleeding, Mac ran about, smashing through the agents. As he ran Mac spotted an agent swinging the Hulk blood bag onto his back.

"No," Mac charged, "No more experiments." With a thrust his tail shredded the bag, sending its contents flying.

Reilly struggled to sit up, and aimed his gun into Kaine's head. "Muhie muhbumination," he moaned, his eyes dripping.

Then there was a smashing of glass, as a vial of blood crashed into his back. Reilly screamed through his mask, even as the fluid absorbed into his skin. He shook, before falling flat on the ground.

Reilly's body began to twitch and shake, the world swirling away. There was a strange sound, like a soft whistle. Reilly clutched at his back, even as the tear in his chest began to fill with first tendrils, then tissues, then renewed flesh.

He shook on the floor, as new sensations emerged from his back. Sharp blades appeared just out of his line of sight, twisting out from behind him.

Reilly clutched at his head, even as thick bristles burst from his head and began to droop over his body. As he thrashed he caught sight of Kaine, who had taken some of the Hulk blood to the face. The clone was screaming in pain, his face melting from the touch.

Reilly crawled to his feet, his new spiked limbs tensed up behind him. "Raaah!" he managed as the bulk of the pain tore through him, leaving the agony ripped out of him in a burst.

Reilly stumbled, before clutching Kaine in his hands. With a twist Reilly pulled as Kaine's sides, creating a large rip.

Suddenly Mac charged, smashing Reilly away. The gamma mutant skidded, knocking Kaine to spasm on the floor.

Mac turning about, skidding as bullets ricocheting off his armor. With a shove he tackled Reilly, stabbing him hard before swinging him into a building. There was a thud, as Reilly fell to the ground.

Suddenly there was an eruption of fire, as a missile smashed into the ground before Mac. He skidding across the ground, his limbs quaking. Iron Patriot landed before him, it's shoulder mounted gun aimed towards him.

Mac stumbled, his eyes flashing to Kaine. Then with a shove he sprinted forward, rampaging towards his brother. As he ran Reilly stood up shakily, before charging after Mac.

With a smack Reilly leapt onto Mac, and began to punch and kick at him, struggling to tear at him. As he swung wildly his blade arms pelted against Mac's armor, probing for a weak spot.

Finally there was a sizzling sound as a blade arm pierced Mac's containment armor. With a roar Mac leapt against the ground, smashing Reilly into the ground.

As he stood up Mac stumbled, his breath shallow. Reilly leapt at him, stabbing at him. Shakily Mac swung down his stinger at Reilly. The gamma mutant sidestepped, leaving the clone's spike to embed itself in the ground.

Mac swung out his fists as he struggled to move his tail, even as he strained to breath. With a roar Reilly thrust his blades, impaling his shoulder.

Mac stumbled, before collapsing as chemicals spilled onto the ground. His ruptured suit lay around him, suffocating him. Reilly towered over him, his blades ready to sting.

"Stand down," Iron Patriot ordered, even as Reilly moved to strike. The mutant turned and snarled, a strange wheezing sound dripping from his mouth.

Reilly charged, just as a blast of web knocked him into the ground. Web upon web sprayed over him, binding him in a sticky cocoon.

Jess ran from Reilly, racing first to Mac, feeling his pulse. "Come on," she muttered, "Work."

"Sis," Mac managed, "I...I be okay. Check Kaine." She nodded, and ran to her other brother, even as the others approached.

As she looked over Kaine vomit pushed at her throat. His face was torn up and bloated, twisted and splotched. He lay almost completely still, stopping only to twitch with pain.

Anton leapt behind her, running to Mac. Slowly he helped his brother to his feet, as Jess held onto Kaine, as agents surrounded them.

-------------------

Jess stared up at Agent Takuya, her arms bound behind her. She sat in a sealed room, five gas nozzles coming from the walls. Across from her was a glass wall, from behind sat Takuya.

"How are they doing?" she asked as she rolled her hands behind her.

"Mac's suit was repaired before he suffered too much," Takuya said, "Though his body was a lot healthier than when he was last studied by SHIELD."

"Says something about your care," she answered. "Kaine?"

"You realize your brothers have killed eleven SHIELD agents," Takuya said carefully.

"You realize Mac was influenced by Kaine," she replied, though personally she doubted it, "So, Kaine?"

"He has suffered extensive injuries," Takuya answered, "I apologize, but it appears his brain has also suffered extensive damage."

"Great," she sighed, "Just great. What are you doing about it?"

"We are currently just trying to figure out what is wrong."

"I suggest you have Ant look him over. He is good with neurology. And 'Tarantula?'"

"He is secured," Takuya answered, "Iron Patriot is on hand in case he grows violent and frees himself."

"I am guessing you already took a blood sample?" She sighed, adjusting her back.

"You are not in the clear you realize," Takuya stated, "You may have no blood on your hands, but you severely mutilated-"

"He did it to himself," she leaned back, "Besides, I thought you would have made sure your cleaning methods were safe."

"Be that as it may, you purposely caused him harm," Takuya said, "Which can not be wiped away even including his order to kill you. Though I believe I might understand another part of the cause of your anger towards him."

"Ant ratted us out didn't he?" she scowled, "Thanks a lot bro."

"Why are you upset with him?" Takuya asked, "I would think SHIELD creating living weapons would give you ground. Not to mention the unnecessary modification they gave you."

"See that is why it shouldn't be brought up," Jess sighed, "Suddenly we are weapons, things. And for your information I am fairly comfortable like this."

"Apologies," Takuya said, "I did not realize."

"Eh, at least you haven't called me an it," she looked away, "That's what Reilly did. If you need to know, I am not picky about pronouns, he and she are both fine, but if you call me anything specific go with androgyne."

"Alright," he answered, "Tell me, have you seen Mac or Kaine show this kind of violence before?"

"You know what happened with Kaine on his first mission," she turned to give him a glare, "But he has not since then. He is terrified of you, thinks of you like Stark thought of New York. But Mac has never done anything wrong."

"I see," Takuya replied slowly.

"I hope so," she eyed him like a predator, "I am not saying Kaine is a puppy or that Mac is innocent of violence, but they are people. And they are just as messed up and reasonable as that means."

"These gloves?" He pointed to a box containing her fingerless gloves.

"Stark will figure it out anyway," she sighed, "By the way, did he really destroy all of his armor. Even Gemini?"

"Focus."

"They are tasers," she answered with annoyance dripping from her voice, "Basically, they draw power from my body's bioelectricity to produce a sting. I needed a way to incapacitate foes without leaving webs everywhere."

"Could you make more?"

"They won't be as effective without Chitauri tech," she answered, "But yeah, I could."

"While you were rogue you and your brother Anton spent some of your time acting as vigilantes."

"So?" she narrowed her gaze.

"If you were trying to maintain a low profile, that was not the wisest decision."

"Oh, I know," Jess breathed out, "But Anton would have done it with or without me. He thinks he is Captain America or something."

"Like you?"

"What?" Jess raised an eyebrow.

"Our records reveal you have a fixation with several heroes," Takuya answered, "And I have been informed that this was long before you realized your connection to Spider-Man. You would spend much of your training scribbling down drawings of the Battle of New York and of other famous incidents. Even if Anton would go without you, it does not explain why you would go dressed in your uniform."

"Think what you like," she turned away, "So you have any more questions or something?"

-------------------

Reilly dripped saliva from his cocoon, even as he hung upside down. Suddenly he caught whiff of a sizzling sound, and looked down to see part of his bonds had melted free.

Moved he released more acidic venom from his mouth, loosing the webbing over his back and torso. It stung, but it freed his limbs. Then with a twist he hacked with his blades, finally freeing him from the web cocoon. As he stirred he found himself in a sealed room, with a hardened glass wall facing a corridor.

"Oh, you're awake," an agent approached, "Sorry about the accommodations, but we have procedures for this sort of thing. Nothing personal."

Reilly suddenly felt his head as a sharp pain struck him. Then he was gone, out of the cage and in a smashed room, fighting that clone. The one who mutilated him.

Reilly thrashed his blades at the glass as he returned, only for his appendages to bounce back. "Yeah that isn't going to help your case," the agent analyzed the webs suddenly, seeing the puddle of white goo on the ground aside from the shredded cocoon.

Reilly suddenly leapt at the glass, letting his mouth drool over it. Smoke slipped out from the glass, as he ate through the seal and it's metal mesh.

Immediately the agent pulled out his gun, while he radioed in his spare hand, "Subject Reilly is breaking free," he signaled, "He is dissolving the cage with some sort of acidic saliva."

"We are headed towards your position," came the reply, just as the oozing venom melted a complete hole through the barrier. Quickly the agent fired through the crack, piercing Reilly's skull.

Reilly stumbled back, before his body began to regenerate itself. As more bullets hit him, he thrust his arms through the hole, and spread them out, tearing out a large exit.

With a shove he charged, piercing the agent in the chest, before flinging him into the puddle of melting web.

-------------------

"What exactly do you remember?" he asked carefully.

She glared as she continued to look away, "Everything up to his fight with the Lizard. Not sure why you care, SHIELD already knows who he is. And I already told them."

"So nothing newer?"

"I don't have wifi with his brain," Jess controlled herself, "I only have up to whenever you got his blood. I don't know how it works. Maybe it's the whole spidey sense thing, maybe it is the way you grew us, either way I don't care."

"Alright," Takuya said before saying more seriously, "SHIELD is in trouble you realize. More and more superhumans have emerged into the world, and it is harder to control them. We have a division devoted to superhumans, but it is understaffed."

"And you are telling me this why?" she waited for the suspected conclusion of the conversation, even as she stretched her back. The motion let her hands relax, though she kept a few fingers tense.

"We grow desperate," he concluded, "Given the attempted aid you and your brother have been trying to give, we are willing to work with you." Jess glared at him in response, silently thinking.

-------------------

"...Listen, you know I want to be a superhero," Anton said, " And I think Jess does too. But you know it is kind of hard to trust SHIELD after they tortured our brother and tried to kill us."

"Reilly was given...too much freedom," Carpenter replied carefully, "We did not know much of what he was doing."

"I want to believe that," Anton sighed, "Okay, even if we believe you, how do we know you won't try to kill us again? Or Mac and Kaine?"

"We are in the middle of a superhuman revolution," Carpenter answered, "We will be imprisoning your two brothers, but if you believe we would waste two successful superhumans when we could learn more from them..."

"Well, Jess will be glad for that honesty," Anton clasped his head in his hands, causing Carpenter to stumble back.

"Oh, sorry," he grinned sheepishly, "I got free a little after we sat down. But you promise you will not abuse Mac or Kaine?"

"I can," Carpenter replied cautiously, "In all honest we want to help them. Mac isn't going to help much research if he can hardly leave his suit, so that will need to be fixed. And Kaine currently is a good opportunity to work on healing someone of gamma radiation poisoning."

"That doesn't inspire confidence," Anton massaged his head, "Can I see them regularly?"

"Under guard, but yes."

"I really want to trust you," he sighed, " Alright."

-------------------

"...I did not honestly expect you to agree," Takuya admitted.

"Well we both know Ant was going to sign up," Jess shrugged, "And he is going to be far too trusting of you."

"I...very well," Takuya answered.

"But get this through your head," her tone drew low, "You treat Mac and Kaine with respect, you treat them like people, and you help them get better. Because if I find out you are experimenting on them or something, I will find a way to hurt each and everyone of you and SHIELD as a whole. Okay?"

"Uh, okay," he stumbled slight, "Um, what can you tell me about this chemical?" He held up the syringe, causing Jess to sigh.

"It's how I helped us heal," she said, "Like I told you back-"

Suddenly the lights flickered, and Takuya rose up. "That doesn't sound good," Jess remarked as an alarm began to blare.

-------------------

Doctor Escarlata looked down at Kaine as he thrashed. "Hold on," he whispered as he looked at the clone.

"What has happened to him?" asked Escarlata as he approached. Kaine's face was twisted and spotted now, and his hair had all fallen out. His eyes shuddered, as he jerked every few minutes.

"You no longer have the rank to-"

"Just tell me."

"He was exposed to a small amount of Hulk Blood," a scientist answered, "He has actually calmed down significantly. But his brain is still malformed by the accident."

"Can you hear me," Escarlata asked slowly to the clone.

"Leave me alone," Kaine whispered, "Just...just stop talking. Stop. Please."

Escarlata fell silent as Kaine continued, "Stop. Stop. Why won't you stop!" His thrashing picked up speed, even as buzzing echoed across their instruments.

"The damage is spreading," a scientist said, "His brain is now dissolving and reforming simultaneously. I-I don't even know what to call this."

"Painful?" offered Kaine with some strain. They turned towards him again as his face shuddered .

"Are...you alright?"

"Sure I feel great," Kaine managed, "Aside from the voices in my head. Or the freaking rash that is my face."

"We will do everything we can."

"No, you had your chance," Kaine said coldly with his teeth clenched. The systems continued to buzz as he continued, "First one that comes near me ends up in a pool of death."

"Wait," a scientist said as the lights flickered, "That isn't just the monitors, thats the alarm."

-------------------

Reilly tore through the mob of agents, ripping at them and hurling globs of acid into them. Suddenly an explosion smashed into him,knocking him to the ground.

Reilly's flesh began to regenerate even as he turned to Iron Patriot. With a thrust of speed he charged, letting his blade arms hang behind him. As he ran a blast of energy surged into him, knocking him to the ground.

Reilly slowly pulled himself up, only to take a miniature missile to his face. Smashing to the ground, Reilly caught his breath as his body regenerated. Glaring he leapt onto the ceiling, and began to crawl away.

"That isn't going to help much." Another missile soared through the air, smashing against Reilly. The gamma mutant crashed with a thud, only to see a hole in the ceiling had formed. Quickly he leapt up, and began to race through the above hallway.

Behind him he heard a burst of jets as Iron Patriot flew up behind him. Still, the powered armor couldn't fly much in the thin hallway, so Reilly had a speed advantage. Quickly he sprinted, darting into a nearby room.

-------------------

"Reilly has gotten loose," Takuya cocked his gun, "Can you-"

Jess stood up free and held out her hand, "Slipped out two minutes ago," she said, "The gloves?"

Takuya nodded slowly, before sliding the gloves underneath the glass barrier. Quickly she slid them on, before Takuya unlocked her cell. She ran out, joining him in a sprint.

Skidding down the hall ran Anton, worried. "Are you okay?" he asked as he looked Jess down.

"I'm fine," she sighed, "Can we deal with Reilly now?" Anton nodded,as the three of them ran hopefully towards the gamma mutant.

-------------------

"Kill them. Hack them to bits"

"Ooh, maybe you could skin them. Then you could make them into affordable coats or even better: Halloween costumes."

"Who would want Halloween costumes of a bunch of SHIELD scientists?"

"Coats then, spoilsport."

Kaine winced as the voices continued to echo through his skull. Suddenly out of the corner his eye the door threw open, as a strange spider-like beast charged in.

"Wow, look at all the blood."

"Hey, that was our kills, we had dibs!"

"Shut up," Kaine snorted faintly despite himself, even as the hairy creature ran at him.

"Muhmonation!" it bellowed, flexing it's blades.

"Oh, it's you," Kaine managed, "If you are going to kill me better do it fast."

"Hey Steve. It's Steve right? Cause you look like a Steve."

"Hurry," Kaine winced.

Reilly roared in response, before piercing Kaine's skull. A trickling of blood oozed out, as he slowly withdrew his spikes.

"Ouch," Kaine remarked suddenly, as his wounds healed. With a roar Reilly assaulted him again, stabbing Kaine over and over.

"Oh great," Kaine sighed, "I can't die. Well that is just great."

"Isn't it though?"

"No consequences!"

"Let's kill everyone at SHIELD naked!"

"Wait, are we naked, or are the people we kill naked?"

"Why not both?"

"I like the way you think."

"Oh, get a room!" Kaine pleaded as Reilly continued to stab his body.

"We have a room, it's called your head."

Reilly suddenly lifted the table Kaine was strapped to, and smashed it into the wall. Again and again he drove him into the wall, until Kaine lay upsides down and unconscious.

-------------------

Reilly suddenly felt a stinging in his head. He turned to see a scientist, shakily pointing a gun at him. "Stop," he pleaded.

Reilly snarled, before impaling the scientist in the shoulder. He threw the man to the ground, just as an explosion rocked the room.

Iron Patriot ran up, forcing Reilly to scamper as fast as he could back out. Quickly he raced down the hall, skidding around. Having an idea he hurled globs of acid into the ceiling behind him, wreaking the roof.

Suddenly the roof collapsed, smashing into Iron Patriot hard. As the armored soldier pulled himself free Reilly crawled up above, and broke off more of the above floors in the base. The rubble soon left the soldier buried, at least for the moment.

Crawling down Reilly raced across, searching for the room he had seen in that vision. As he approached a door he caught two soldiers, impaling them through their throats.

Finally he reached the room, just as two of the clones and an agent ran in.

-------------------

Jess immediately launched a glob of webbing at Reilly, smacking him in the mouth. The gamma mutant hardly stumbled, before a chemical ooze dripped out of his throat, melting through the bonds. Anton meanwhile rushed towards the wounded soldiers, feeling their necks.

"Okay, that is disgusting," she jumped to the side as her head stung, narrowly avoiding a blast of acid. With a flip she jumped over Reilly, pushing off of his head.

Reilly wheezed as Jess focused, forcing her body's bioelectricity to channel through her gloves. As he staggered she swung out again, punching him among a flurry of sparks.

Reilly shoved back, before spiking his blade-arms forward. Jess jumped and weaved, leaping through the spinning claws.

As she leapt Reilly's mouth shot acid, forcing her to roll into the direction of one of Reilly's spikes. The blade pierced her chest, even as she punched him again. The electricity flowed through both of them, leaving them briefly dazed.

Reilly threw her quickly from his blade, causing her to land shakily on all fours. Blood dripped from her chest, even as Reilly charged.

Bullets smacked into Reilly, causing him to slow. As the gamma mutant turned towards Takuya, the agent rolled out of the way. Reilly swung around to attack again, just as a whip of webbing latched into his back.

With a yank Jess swung Reilly through the air, into Anton's fists. Reilly staggered as Anton pounded into him, smashing him against the walls of the room.

With a roar Reilly caught himself with his spiked arms, and pushed off into Anton. Briefly paused the clone stumbled before Reilly stabbed into four of his hands. Anton winced, before using his free hands to slam Reilly to the ground.

Reilly stood up on his extra limbs, not unlike a spider. With a snarl he stalked over to Anton, lobbing acid at him. As the goo flew Anton shoved himself away, just as Jess pole vaulted off Reilly, stinging him in the process.

Reilly winced as Jess landed to the side, her chest still dripping with blood. Anton leapt onto Reilly as she fired globs of webbing, lashing the gamma mutant's spiked legs to the ground. As Reilly stood stuck Takuya open fired, aiming hopefully into his forehead.

As Reilly struggled to move, Anton smashed his fist down hard onto his back, even as the gamma mutant struggled to move free. Reilly roared in pain, before hurling blasts of webbing everywhere.

Anton jumped back in time to miss the venom, while Reilly drooled onto his imprisoned legs. The goo melted through the webs, sizzling into the spikes. Reilly slowly stood back up on two legs, his spiked arms now twisted and partially melted.

As Reilly rampaged towards Anton, webbing lashed onto his back. With a tug Jess sent herself flying, ending her swing in an electric punch. Reilly fell back, before firing a burst of acid at her.

Quickly Jess launched her webs, blocking the acid from impact. In the meantime Anton crashed his fist into the mutant, causing Reilly to smash into a wall. The foe paused, leaving Jess to squirt webbing all over his spread out arms, gluing them to the wall. As he lay bound she coated the rest of his body, leaving only his acidic head free.

As venom dropped from his mouth Jess walked towards him, and laid her hand on his forehead. Reilly began to scream as electricity pumped through his skull, burning through his body.

"Sto-" Jess pulled away just as Anton and Takuya began. She gave them a shrug, before stepping back from the mutant. Reilly lay stunned against the wall, drool oozing from his mouth.

"What, you wanted him conscious?" she asked, "Pretty sure he would have escaped."

"...Alright," Takuya said as he eyed her, "Come, we must secure him."

Anton shook off his limbs, before using his unharmed hands to pull Reilly from the wall. Jess sprayed the mutant with web as Anton spun him, before the six armed clone laid the cocoon of sticky white goo onto his shoulders.

-------------------

Kaine stood up shakily, his bonds trashed. As he stood up his head throbbed, still suffering from the violent blows and his constantly reforming head.

"Well that was fun. Let's do it again."

"Nah, let's carve up Reilly. I mean he did it to us, why not do it to him?"

"...Not the worse argument," admitted Kaine as he turned to go, "Probably get a kick out of it."

"Oh, you know what we should do?"

"...What?"

"We should go meet up with father."

"Oh yeah, I beat he would be happy to see us."

"Or not and it will be one big awkward mess!"

"Hijinks will ensue."

"Shut up," Kaine grimaced as he lumbered away, slowly picking up speed as his brain reformatted.

"Please," a bleeding man managed from across the room, "Don't-don't go. You need help."

"You people made me," Kaine said coldly, "Made me to be a weapon. I don't need your kind of help, don't want it. You know, I spared you once, but you still came after us. No more."

"I...I am sorry."

"Not sorry enough," Kaine walked over to the man, his blades extending. And then his brain exploded.

Visions ripped through his damaged mind, stabbing into his core. Uncle Ben lying on the ground pouring out blood, Captain Stacy leaking his life away off the top of the tower, he could see it all.

The memories smashed into him, causing Kaine to stumble, "I...I..." He could see the Lizard, fighting the gigantic reptile, he could see his parents leaving. But they weren't his parents.

Kaine clutched at his skull as the memories of Spider-Man smashed into him. Jess and Mac rarely spoke about they remembered, and Kaine could feel why. He felt dwarfed, over fifteen years of someone else's life being squeezed into his skull.

"Hey, you okay? You went a little crazy."

"Yeah," Kaine laughed through the tears, "I...I can feel my brain."

"Is it soft?"

"Of course it's soft, it's squishy. Haven't you ever seen cartoons?"

"No, we were raised in a lab."

Kaine snorted, before running out of the room. The scientist struggled to move behind him, but could only lay bleeding.

-------------------

Jess paused, as did Anton. The two had begun to heal, though Anton's arms still were crippled and Jess's chest stung.

Quickly Anton broke into a sprint, while Jess leapt onto the ceiling. Immediately she took off, catching up to her brother. With her fingers pointed like guns she coated Reilly in a second layer, as they ran.

"You sensed something?" Takuya asked as he caught up.

"Yeah," Anton skidded to a halt in front of a cell before Takuya began to unlock the door.

Suddenly Jess felt a spike of sensation, and flipped to the ground just as Kaine charged from behind her. With a twirl he stabbed into Anton's hand, causing him to let go. In one quick fluid motion he stabbed into Reilly, piercing through the cocoon.

She quickly tackled Kaine, who promptly kicked her off. "Traitor," he regarded her.

Jess stumbled before replying, "I didn't stab my brother."

"You are with the enemy!" his blades leapt out, causing Jess to jump to the side. On all fours she landed on the wall, before rebounding into him. She pole vaulted off him, letting her gloves sting him.

Kaine shuddered, before swinging his blade into her arm. Jess bit back tears before using her right hand to grip Kaine's arm and deliver a shock through his body. As he shuddered she forced the blade out, her left arm bleeding.

Anton clutched at his arms, now bleeding again, as Takuya forced Reilly through the cell. As he sealed the mutant in he turned around and opened fired at Kaine. The clone jumped and dodged, avoiding the shots.

"You're really bad," he laughed as he leapt to Takuya, slamming him to the ground. As he thrust his blade Jess punched him to a wall, before unloading a torrent of webbing into him.

As the goo flew Kaine swung up his arms and worked to shred the goo as it came. Then with a shove he leapt, landing past her. Jess twisted back and winced, as she tore into her still healing flesh.

With a leap he lunged at the cell, only to chip his blades off the harden barrier. He swung and thrust again and again, just as bullets smashed into him.

Kaine turned towards Takuya, bolting towards him as his wounds healed. Quickly Jess shot webbing into his back and swung him to the side.

"Looks like your wounds aren't healing fast enough." Kaine charged, even as Jess leapt onto the ceiling, dripping blood from the strain. While he jumped at her she grimaced, as Anton caught his leg. With a twist he smashed Kaine into a wall, staggering him.

Jess flipped down as she coated her pierced arm with webbing, before doing the same to Anton's new wound. Suddenly her head tingled, and she rolled out of the way just as Kaine charged.

With a shove he jumped and thrust, stabbing Anton through the heart. Time slowed, as Jess ran over to him. Kaine was forgotten, as she struggled to remember what to do.

Too panicked to think straight, she reclaimed enough to grab Kaine's blade and force her strength against it, tearing it in two. With half blocking his wound Jess raked her brain, ignoring Kaine as he charged.

Suddenly a blast of energy struck Kaine, knocking him across the room. Jess smiled slightly despite herself, as Iron Patriot arrived in front of them. She had more time now.

As the real superhero pursued Kaine, Jess began work carefully, thinking with each action. She was better at the genetics and the systems of biology, not the physical and practical.

As she worked the spike squeezed out, as the wound healed. Jess relaxed a little, but Anton lay still, immobile.

Focusing she slammed her gloves into him, hoping that she knew the problem, and that this would work. Time still flowed strangely, as distant explosions came muted to her.

Finally she stood back as Anton gasped. She leaned back in relief, even as SHIELD agents rushed onto the scene.

-------------------

"He okay though?"

"You know Anton," Jess smiled, before frowning, "He's stronger than all of us. Our former brother got away though."

"I...I have hard time believe it," Mac rubbed his head.

"Me either," she glared away, before softening her expression. "Mac, Mind if I ask you something?"

"You ask anyway."

"Right," Jess sighed, "So this SHIELD thing, what do you think?"

"We trap," Mac said slowly, "Even if you flee, I and Anton still here, right? You trying best you can."

"Thanks," she lay her hand against the cell, "Why did you do it?"

"I not want more of us," he admitted, "Want no one else to suffer. To see shadows as death. And they will make more."

"Don't I know it," she held up her head in her spare hand, "Look just tell me if they ever touch you or something."

"Of course," he lay his hand against her palm through the barrier. She nodded, before slowly walking off.

As she walked she came upon an old woman in a wheelchair. "Ah, Jessica," she said, "It will be good to speak to you again."

"Whatever," Jess walked away from Webb, "Still not going to be honest with you."

"Of course," Cassandra Webb nodded, letting Jess walk away around a curve in the hallway.

Edited by Tanma