Sign in to follow this  
exxtrooper

[MOC] Nu-class attack shuttle (B&W Color scheme)

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

First Moc I've ever posted on this forum! The

Lambda class shuttle's not-as-famous cousin (not really) the Clone Wars Nu-class attack shuttle!

9110815296_b1bcffebac_b.jpg

Based on the clone wars era shuttle of the same name.

This took way longer then it should have, it's been sort of just laying around over the course of three weeks and I've been building it little by little whenever I felt like it. And man did it take long to find all those white slopes, making the landing gear work properly and finding enough white cheese probably took longer then making the entire model itself. The actual secondary color of the Nu-class shuttle is actually dark red but I used the parts available to me. The only thing that grinds my gears about the model is the light grey pieces in the front, they are available in black in one old indiana jones set, but you only get one of them and the set is like 100 USD or something.

I'm pretty conflicted about this one because I've been thinking about dissembling it and making it into a Lambda class shuttle. I really like making vehicles like, I've always really liked the white shuttles from star wars, a lot of the clone wars era spacecrafts have some interesting shapes.

9110899752_a8071548d8_c.jpg

In the end I got the proper shape that I wanted on the nose.

9108642167_2d33fb3114_c.jpg

Equipped with landing gear that works in conjunction with the wings.

9110942906_f3b659b123_c.jpg

Able to carry 4 troopers along with their weapons.

9110793030_3c717ac677_c.jpg

And a picture of the gears in the back that make it all work.

Thanks for looking!

Well CW era ships did change colour depending on the legion using them so yellow and black isn't a problem. I like the engine detailing at the back and the smooth hull leading up to the fin (better than TLG version), however the cockpit piece looks a bit too over sized for the hull, or the hull is too undersized for the cockpit.

Great job on this one! It's one of the better CW original designs and I would love a re-design from TLC which should include some of your designs, but first and foremost the ingenious wings / landing gear function. That is just plain awesome!

Great model from all angles, except for the back. With with a full interior it's understandable that you needed to put the mechanics on the outside. Wish I had some Technical insight; I'd love to automise some of my models...

Great to see this posted on EB! :classic:

As said on flickr, the coloring is a little different, but I don’t mind the greater contrast. I’m sure the black offers more freedom in choice of parts than does dark red. The synchronized landing gear is also very impressive. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Well CW era ships did change colour depending on the legion using them so yellow and black isn't a problem. I like the engine detailing at the back and the smooth hull leading up to the fin (better than TLG version), however the cockpit piece looks a bit too over sized for the hull, or the hull is too undersized for the cockpit.

The 'real' Nu has a really big cockpit compared to the fuselage. This model looks just about right -- if anything it's actually a little shorter and skinnier.

Nicely done, I like the different color approach. I do agree the back does need some work in covering up the gears.

Great job on this one! It's one of the better CW original designs and I would love a re-design from TLC which should include some of your designs, but first and foremost the ingenious wings / landing gear function. That is just plain awesome!

Thanks! I'm flattered you'd want my model to be an actual Star Wars set much appreciated! Glad you liked the landing gear it's something I'm quite happy about how it turned out :laugh:

Great model from all angles, except for the back. With with a full interior it's understandable that you needed to put the mechanics on the outside. Wish I had some Technical insight; I'd love to automise some of my models...

Believe me getting it all work correctly was a bit frustrating, while the back isn't all that pretty the black color of it all makes it not stand out too much.

Great to see this posted on EB! :classic:

As said on flickr, the coloring is a little different, but I don’t mind the greater contrast. I’m sure the black offers more freedom in choice of parts than does dark red. The synchronized landing gear is also very impressive. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

The 'real' Nu has a really big cockpit compared to the fuselage. This model looks just about right -- if anything it's actually a little shorter and skinnier.

Thanks again for all the recognition! Though it'd be appropriate to post it here after you featured it on your blog, glad I did!

Nicely done, I like the different color approach. I do agree the back does need some work in covering up the gears.

Thanks! I do wish the back was a bit smoother, but I really wanted an interior in this one.

Edited by exxtrooper

Definatley a stronger design thatn what LEGO put out in 2008. Though this had less play potions than the prigonal design I feel the more important features of the shuttle were captured in your design. Well done !

I LOVE WHAT YOU DID WITH THE 2009/2010 DESIGN!!! You definitely improved LEGO's design and I think you should be a part of LEGO modifications.

Definatley a stronger design thatn what LEGO put out in 2008. Though this had less play potions than the prigonal design I feel the more important features of the shuttle were captured in your design. Well done !

Great improvements!, the best Nu-class I have seen so far.

Thanks! Part of why I made this is because I wasn't a big fan of TLGs inaccurate version of it, thanks again!

I LOVE WHAT YOU DID WITH THE 2009/2010 DESIGN!!! You definitely improved LEGO's design and I think you should be a part of LEGO modifications.

I envy your enthusiasm, glad you liked it! Don't how well this would do as an official set, maybe a bit too detailed for such a thing but I like to think it's not too far off :classic:

Very detailed replication of the Nu-Class shuttle.The shuttle appears to be very swooshable. :laugh:

-Dutch

Hello buddy, a pretty interesting construction, what did you orientate yourself on? .. I'm also about to build one. Do you have tips for me or where can I get better information?

9 hours ago, 501st Legion said:

Hello buddy, a pretty interesting construction, what did you orientate yourself on? .. I'm also about to build one. Do you have tips for me or where can I get better information?

Welcome! And btw, don't think you'll get a reply from him. He hasn't been on EB for over two years!

Agreed JarJar, this post is over 5 years old. Also, exxtrooper, hasn't signed into or posted on Eurobricks in over 2 1/2 years. 

Might be kinda hard to get a reply!

Welcome and good luck!!

Do you have instructions, parts list or something similar??? I would certainly LOVE to have it!!! It's amazing!

1 hour ago, Ribo_07H said:

Do you have instructions, parts list or something similar??? I would certainly LOVE to have it!!! It's amazing!

Unfortunately, the guy hasn't posted in almost 5 years. You can actually see a number of above comments talking about that very thing a couple years back, where in 2018 someone asked the same question you did.