• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

gallery_6705_157_17796.png

9092219817_ba01b8e146_c.jpg

Hello and welcome to my fourth review! This is the first of my Eurobricks Reviewers Academy Bronze Level reviews. I brought this set because it came with some of the coolest minifigs ever and it didn't hurt my wallet that bad as well. So go ahead and read the review, I'm sure you will like it!

BASIC INFORMATION:

Set Name: Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack

Set Number: 9488

Number of Pieces: 98

Minifigs: 4

Price: $12.99 USD

Theme: Star Wars (The Clone Wars)

Year Released: 2012

HELPFUL LINKS:

Brickshelf (My gallery for this review)

Brickset

Bricklink

LEGO Shop @ Home

THE REVIEW:

The Box

Front:

sam_1070.jpg

The front of the box showcases a nice little battle scene with the set in action. I can't help but think how fake the big blast to the right looks.

Back:

9092297221_cc5cbfa1fc_b.jpg

Here is the back of the box. This is a normal LEGO Star Wars box sight. This is where LEGO shows us the main features of the set. Image courtesy of eBay.

Side:

sam_1080.jpg

To me this guy is the coolest LEGO clone ever released. If I was to be a LEGO clone, I would want to be him. The back of the box is just a normal scene that shows us the play features. I think we should just move on.

Contents:

sam_1099.jpg

Dark red is pretty much the main color in this set. Some interesting pieces include the clear piece and the two cape pieces.

Cape Pieces:

sam_1101.jpg

Here are the cape pieces for the commando clone, which includes one red shoulder pad cape and one black leg cape.

Extra Pieces:

sam_1131_1.jpg

The extra pieces are a black round stud, a 1x1 black tile, a black Technic connector, some droid arms, and bunch of dark red clone helmet visors and radios.

Minifigs

ARC Trooper Front:

9094548680_fa07f1b6cc_o.jpg

As I mentioned earlier in this review, I think this minifig is the coolest clone ever. He looks great, the capes are awesome and the torso is a great match. The only complaint I have is that the printed feet are a little strange and not necessary.

ARC Trooper Back:

9092335585_177c474aef_o.jpg

The backpack is simple yet perfect for the minifig.

ARC Trooper without the Helmet:

sam_1113.jpg

The only thing I can say here is that the minifig has the standard clone head that is found in many Star Wars sets.

ARF Trooper Front:

9094565658_aa9bd5b4db_o.jpg

This guy is a little more bland than his counterpart. The helmet, however, suggests that this minifig is a member of Commander Wolf's soldiers because it has a wolf logo printed on each side.

ARF Trooper Back:

9092351681_2bbc555e7e_b.jpg

The back of the ARF Trooper is very boring as there aren't any accessories for it and I believe that this is a fairly common back printing.

ARF Trooper without the Helmet:

sam_1118.jpg

Just like his fellow counterpart, he has the standard clone head.

The Commando Droids Front:

sam_1119.jpg

I have never really liked LEGO's droids because they don't display all that well and don't offer much in the way of playability; however, these probably are my favorite ones. I really like the color, and the face, for some reason, is appealing to me.

Commando Droids Back:

sam_1120s.jpg

I asked myself, do I really need to show the back? I guess it doesn't hurt anybody to show it.

The Cannon

Before the Cannon and Support Legs:

9094581412_dd90bac81e_b.jpg

Here's the body of the cannon before the cannon and support legs are attached. My question is why is there a clear round 2x2 under the cannon? I tried to see if the legs supported the cannon without it and they did.

The Finished Cannon:

sam_1125.jpg

This is a pretty good cannon, especially for a battle pack with awesome minifigs. The legs are quite the eye candy and any minifig fits perfectly in that seat.

The Full Set:

9092366947_04f905d7e4_b.jpg

This set is one of the better ones I have have purchased. Let's go see how it adds up in my totals! Image courtesy of LEGO.

TOTALS:

Design: 9/10 A really well-designed cannon. The legs are eye candy, the seat is great, and it looks realistic. The only thing holding it back from being a ten is the flick-fire missile. I can see why TLG needed to provide playability by having a "shooting" canon, but to an AFOL it is simply not needed.

Parts: 9/10 Considering that this is a battle pack, there are many useful parts within this set that certainly would be beneficial to any MOCer.

Build: 9/10 A rather simple build with nothing out of the ordinary. There are no challenges in this build, nothing should make you look twice at the instructions.

Minifigs: 10/10 The minifigs, particularly the clone troopers, are wonderful! The clones are more detailed than the norm and the droids are much better than their counterparts.

Playablity: 8/10 I wouldn't say it is an awesome set to display, but it isn't bad. For kids, this set could be played with for hours and hours.

Price: 8/10 It is a battle pack which makes me think that it should be around $8-10 (USD). But for some of my fellow AFOLs, the MSRP is a pretty good price because it comes with awesome minifigs and great pieces.

Total: 53/60 I fully recommend this set for any LEGO Star Wars fan. The minifigs are great and the pieces are very good for MOCing. The cannon isn't bad either, but, as you probably know, the minifigs are the star feature of this set.

Great review Brickington! :thumbup: I always find the extra visors and radios very useful for some mix and match.

Great review.

One thing only...ARF is not a wolfpack member - he is part of Rancor Battalion, under different command.

You can see ARF troopers under the wolf's command in cw " mercy mission" and they look different from rancor battalion.

Edited by Davor

Great review Brickington! :thumbup: I always find the extra visors and radios very useful for some mix and match.

Thanks! Extras bricks are always welcomed in my house. :sweet:

Thanks for the review. Always nice to see a Reviewers Academy review. :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for the blog! I greatly appreciate it. :classic:

Great review.

One thing only...ARF is not a wolfpack member - he is part of Rancor Battalion, under different command.

You can see ARF troopers under the wolf's command in cw " mercy mission" and they look different from rancor battalion.

Thanks! ARF being a Wolfpack member isn't my belief. However, he does have a Wolfpack insignia on his helmet and I said could just be "suggesting." :classic:

Thanks! ARF being a Wolfpack member isn't my belief. However, he does have a Wolfpack insignia on his helmet and I said could just be "suggesting." :classic:

I think it is a wolffepack ARF because there was one seen in season 4 that looked like a Kamino arf trooper, but with dark red arms. the Kamino ones have plain white arms. Hope this was helpful.