Welcome to the second Action Figure forum contest, as part of Hero Factory month 2013!
This year the heroes of Makuhero City have had to deal with the bug-like brains, who captured and mutated harmless creatures in order to carry out their purpose of destroying Hero Factory. From harmless rock monsters to mighty dragons, all forms of creatures were taken hold of, but what would it look like if a Hero was captured and subjected to the same transformation?
Hero or Monster:
- Build a Hero that has been taken over by a Brain parasite and show how that infection has influenced them.
- The mutations can be extreme as you'd like, but they must still be recognizable as a Hero.
- The mutations do need to be more severe than Surge's brief infection during the Hero Factory show. (Image courtesy of HFsector01)
- There must be some form of Brain slug on the Hero, but it can be brick built as an alternative to the actual Brain parasite piece if you'd prefer.
- Entry should be shorter than 30cm/12 inches.
- To enter, make a new topic for your MOC in the Action Figure forum with the prefix "HoM:"
- Build 2 MOCs displaying an alien creature before and after infection from a Brain parasite.
- The 2 forms must be recognizable as the same creature, so don't get too carried away with the mutations
- There must be some form of Brain slug on the alien, but it can be brick built as an alternative to the actual Brain parasite piece if you'd prefer.
- To enter, make a new topic for your MOC in the Action Figure forum with the prefix "B/A:"
- Use computer aided means to create your own Hero. Entries can be created using LDD and POV-ray, other 3D programs, GIMP/image editing programs, etc.
- Designing new pieces and recoloured parts is encouraged, but not required.
- The Hero must be recognizable as a Hero, so should be reasonably humanoid and include a Hero core.
- Entries do not need to be photorealistic, but should look like they could be built in real life, aside from new and recoloured pieces.
- Entries should be presented on a plain/simple background, since the focus in on the Hero.
- To enter, make a new topic for your MOC in the Action Figure forum with the prefix "DH:"
- An example image. (Which would be disqualified for not being a Hero)
- Only one entry per member per category.
- Only official LEGO elements can be used, excluding minifigs considering the scale that entries should be at.
- "Real" entries only for Categories 1 and 2. For category 3, the entries must be digital, although the choice of which programs(s) to use is up to each entrant
- There are no restrictions on ratios between SYSTEM/BIONICLE pieces, but the entry must visually fit in with official Hero Factory style and scale, so using primarily Hero Factory/BIONICLE pieces is recommended.
- Entries must have one deep-linked picture posted in the entry topic with a maximum resolution of 800x600, and an optional link to a topic with additional images if wanted.
- Entries must be posted by midnight of the 9th of July. Voting will then occur in the week that follows.
Contest ends at midnight of the 9th of July 2013!
- Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified.
- Entries that do not meet all the requirements by the deadline will be disqualified.
- Whether an entry meets the requirements will be at the discretion of the contest host, but entrants will be notified if their entry does not meet the requirements.
- All entries can be altered/changed as many times as each entrant wishes up until the contest deadline.
- Shortly after the contest closes, a voting topic will be made for the qualifying entries.
- Comments and suggestions on entries are more than welcome, and may result in participation prizes.
Category 1 - Monstrous Hero:
- 1st Place: Choice of Signed/Unsigned 44014 Jet Rocka + 44008 Surge + 44012 Evo + Hero Factory Tag
- 2nd Place: 44014 Jet Rocka + 44008 Surge + 44012 Evo
- 1st Place: Choice of Signed/Unsigned 44009 Dragon Bolt + 44011 Frost Beast + 44013 Aquagon + Hero Factory Tag
- 2nd Place: 44009 Dragon Bolt + 44011 Frost Beast + 44013 Aquagon
- 1st Place: Choice of Signed/Unsigned 44010 Stormer + Hero Factory Tag
- 2nd Place: 44010 Stormer
Edited by Brickthing, 19 June 2013 - 11:57 PM.