Oky

MOC: DC Superheroes Racers

Out of these 20 Racers  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the best and should win?

• Batman
    • Robin
    • Nightwing
    • Green Lantern
    • Aquaman
    • Wonder Woman
    • Superman
    • Lex Luthor
    • General Zod
    • The Joker
    • Harley Quin
    • The Riddler
    • Two-Face
    • Poison Ivy
    • Scarecrow
    • The Penguin
    • Killer Croc
    • Catwoman
    • Mr. Freeze,
    • Bane

Hello everyone! I had so much fun making my Toy Story Racers that I simply had to make some for one of my other favorite themes, Super Heroes! I decided to do the DC ones first and as always I designed each racer to reflect the theme/personality of its driver. You may notice that I had to substitute some of the minifigs with customs since I don't have them or that I replaced some with the old versions simply because I prefer those.

Backstory:

The evil Mongul is forcing Batman and some of his greatest friends and foes to compete with each other in a race to the death! The only rule is that they can't use their superpowers. Who will win?

9068005735_1a46f773bc_z.jpg

DC Superheroes Racers by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

First up, we have the Bat Family with their racers. Batman is driving a small version of the Batmobile while Robin drives a racer in the colors of his acrobat costume and Nightwing drives a dark racer with the features of a bird. I'm particularly proud of how the latter turned out. :wub:

9068009589_9261a271e6_z.jpg

Bat Racers by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Of course there are flames coming out of the back of the Batracer while Robin's racer has some circus lights and Nightwing has a version of his truncheons as a bumper.

9070238882_d5eafa8a52_z.jpg

Bat Racers back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Here are the racers of some of Batman's best friends from the Justice League of America: Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman. GL's racer is mostly green aside from the big Lantern logo on the front. Aquaman's racer is hydro-dynamically designed, complete with golden fins as the spoiler. Wonder Woman's racer is about as patriot as her outfit.

9070242610_9e6788dce6_z.jpg

JLA Racers by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

As you can see in this rear view, even the rear bumper on Wonder Woman's cart is star spangled.

9068020929_9bb95c8501_z.jpg

JLA Racers back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Look, down on the road, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's the Super Racer! Ideally it would have the "S" shield instead of the stars on the front, but I'm purist, so this had to do. Next to him are his two recent movie villains, Lex Luthor and General Zod. Luthor's racer features his signature green and purple color scheme while Zod's has the same dark colors as his space ships. Kneel before Zod's racer!! :devil:

9070249626_1acc200c0c_z.jpg

Super Racers by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Zod's racer, much like his ships, has green exhausts. Luthor's cart is powered by Kryptonite and has a tube that also connects this power source to his ray gun. The two Kryptonians better steer clear of this racer!

9070252818_4aa71e6ee8_z.jpg

Super Racers back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Here we have Joker and his crew. What kind of vehicle does the Clown Prince of Crime drive? A clown car of course! One with lots of colors and his face painted onto the front. Riding next to her Mr. J is Harley Quin in her red and black checkered cart. And on Joker's left is their accomplice from the funhouse, the Riddler. His racer is kind of shaped like a puzzle box and is mostly green. But what are those purple markings supposed to represent? Can you solve this riddle?

Answer:

The purple markings form a question mark when you look down on the racer.

9068031905_2650c6014c_z.jpg

Joker Racers by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Harley's racer is even more checkered in the back and her spoiler has a similar shape as her jester hat.

9068035515_18e8564edb_z.jpg

Joker Racers back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

These are the racers of three of Batman's villains who have a freaky look to them. Two-Face's racer is perfectly split into an orange and a purple side, Poison Ivy's racer is completely made out of plants, and Scarecrow's racer is shaped like a square coffin and is covered in various creepy things.

9068040111_c222ae70c5_z.jpg

Freak Racers by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Scarecrow's and Ivy's racers leave a trail of fear and poison gas, so I wouldn't drive behind them if I were one of the other racers!

9068044647_9a83fedf72_z.jpg

Freak Racers back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Here we have all the animal themed Bat villains. The Penguin is driving a classy cart that looks just like a big penguin who is sliding on its belly. Killer Croc's racer is basically a crocodile on wheels. And Catwoman's racer - you guessed it - looks like a black cat on the prowl. Listen to that engine purr!

9068049747_bc5539ac8f_z.jpg

Animal Racers by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Catwoman's racer even has a tail. Penguin's vehicle is amphibian and has a propeller which allows him to drive on water as well!

9070280032_935379b043_z.jpg

Animal Racers back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Mr. Freeze's racer is basically a fridge on wheels. It's a modified zamboni ice resurfacer that Victor Fries built himself. Powered by a special diamond, it can travel very fast and leave a trail of ice. Bane's vehicle is basically a mini version of the drill that he used to break into the Batcave. And yes, the drill on this one spins too.

9067999821_1e60133713_z.jpg

Freeze & Bane Racers by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Bane's drill has the same kind of details as the regular sized version and the diamond on Mr. Freeze's racer also powers his freeze ray gun.

9070220536_e26066a428_z.jpg

Freeze & Bane Racers back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

I hope you liked them. Please cast your vote for who you think is the best racer in the poll above! And please support this project on Cuusoo!

I am already working on a Marvel edition, but it will take some time until it is complete. :wink:

Let the race begin!

These are amazing! I most of all love Bane's, as it's a cute version of his actual vehicle (In that god awful set)! All of them are great--and I can't wait to see more!

Awesome. Amazing. I don't know what I can say.

Anyway my favorite is a Bane's car. I love it.

You did an awesome job making the purple question mark on riddlers car... thats a very clever design mate! Every single of them is AMAZING. I would say to add some more purple and green to jokers car, but im sure you wanted to differentiate it from the riddler's. anyways, great mocs man!

Holy moly, Oky...these are really great. I hadn't seen your toy story racers, but I love these. Not only is the super hero theme very dear to me, the Batman: Brave and the Bold episode when Mongul makes everyone race is one of the best in the series, imo. These racers are a perfect homage to that wonderful episode.

I voted for Penguin because it's a car that resembles a sliding penguin. It's so simple and brilliant!!

I can't wait to see your marvel racers!!

Bane's and Joker's cars are brilliant, the latter of which I'm sure would work well as a larger model. :thumbup:

While I'm rather indifferent to the Superheroes sets, these are great. You've managed to capture the look of every villain or superhero in their car :thumbup: My favourites are BatMiniMobile and Joker's car.

What a fantastic idea! These little racers are awesome! It's hard to choose just one, but in my opinion Joker's stands out the most for it's different shape. Bane's is also cool, but all in all they are all great. They really represent the character and even if the figs were not in them, it'd be easy to recognize the driver.

Wonderful! Each car has its own style and detailing, and they are just adorable...very good!

I think Superman will win, but I am not sure if his body goes cross the finishing line first, or his car XD

Holy moly, Oky...these are really great. I hadn't seen your toy story racers, but I love these. Not only is the super hero theme very dear to me, the Batman: Brave and the Bold episode when Mongul makes everyone race is one of the best in the series, imo. These racers are a perfect homage to that wonderful episode.

I voted for Penguin because it's a car that resembles a sliding penguin. It's so simple and brilliant!!

I can't wait to see your marvel racers!!

Death race to oblivion classic! the joker's one liners GOLD!!!!!!

AWESOME cute racers 'Oky' and Mr Freeze's racer is nICE and such a COOL ride :laugh: ......Brick On Race On 'Oky' ! :grin:

I love these Oky! They're so cute and collectable- basically why I love Speedorz! :grin:

Put this on Cuusoo along with the Toy Story ones. :wink:

I choose The Joker's ride because I love The Joker but their all so cute and adorable. If i could I would have picked them all. I especially like how you did the question mark on The Riddler's racer.

These are all fantastic, some brilliant ideas and designs. Love the Joker's in particular but I voted for Nightwing, looks perfect for him =)

Great job on these. Every single one is so unique and resembles their driver. I would like the DC Comic all star race to be featured in a future LEGO video game. :laugh: