Yawgmoth

The Skull Eye Schooner

149C

Hello there

It's been some time since I post something, I had been busy lately,... anyway, not going to add much, I enjoyed building this one, and as a tribute to my favorite lego set of all times, I came up with this customized version.

IMG_2973_zps8a34d9b8.jpg

IMG_2943_zpsec48c5c9.jpg

IMG_2947_zpsa83c38eb.jpg

IMG_2948_zps1a82339f.jpg

IMG_2951_zpsd0f1507e.jpg

IMG_2952_zps4e750966.jpg

IMG_2955_zps79cdd02f.jpg

IMG_2956_zpsa990aa40.jpg

IMG_2957_zps4044fe30.jpg

IMG_2958_zps8e16a634.jpg

IMG_2959_zpsbead2cfd.jpg

IMG_2960_zpsc9d15259.jpg

IMG_2962_zps62288c71.jpg

IMG_2963_zpsaf15ca00.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsfba1e1c6.jpg

IMG_2966_zps5522621e.jpg

IMG_2967_zps02098a1f.jpg

IMG_2968_zps8af32245.jpg

IMG_2972_zps11843856.jpg

IMG_2974_zps8cf0ee1d.jpg

Here's a size comparison I wanted to chck with my other ships.

IMG_2977_zps7a1a2bc5.jpg

IMG_2978_zps4ade69fe.jpg

IMG_2979_zps9f9c145e.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the tour :)

Feedback is always well appreciated.

First of all I love all the small details, especially in the cabin. Nice little bookcase and great to see the globe in there too.

Some other things I find really neat about this over the original other than the obvious size. Is how the cannons have a nice line to them, a sloped grey deck, (not sure about grey brown would be nice but see why you have gone with it).

Im not to sure about the blue, I never have liked that seemingly random splash of blue at the back. If you want to stay true to original colours again I understand.

Love the replaced ladder with stairs. Looks great.

Really nice ships, you have an impressive collection.

AB

The cabin interior has most definitely improved, the deck is a great add too, that was really something the original SES lacked.

The stern is a bit overdone I think, (the lanterns and upper white arch bricks :sceptic: ) Overall you did a great job.

I'm just in awe at how clean and crisp those sails are... Look at how they keep their "wind" shape!

Awesome job :thumbup: . The whole thing is nicely detailed and structured

The stern is a bit large, but I can see that is just your style of building, and I think it looks quite nice anyway :classic: .

Wow! thanks for the blog :D and for all the comments!

Im not to sure about the blue, I never have liked that seemingly random splash of blue at the back. If you want to stay true to original colours again I understand.

Thanks :D and yes! I am trying to keep it as much as I could with the original patterns and design, adding some stuff of my own.

The cabin interior has most definitely improved, the deck is a great add too, that was really something the original SES lacked.

The stern is a bit overdone I think, (the lanterns and upper white arch bricks :sceptic: ) Overall you did a great job.

I like big sterns :P ... uhmm, I don't know what you mean with the white arch bricks? it is about the ammount of them, or the way they are stacked? :O

A very nice oldschool-like ship.

Maybe it would be better to change the figurehead?

I can work a little bit the prow, I left the figurehead as it was in the original set, to keep the classic feeling :P I could try some others tho..

Awesome job :thumbup: . The whole thing is nicely detailed and structured

The stern is a bit large, but I can see that is just your style of building, and I think it looks quite nice anyway :classic: .

I thought it was kinda large the 1st day, then I went to sleep, the next day when I started from the point I left it, it just seemed right :P it might be for a personal taste I suppose hehe

Very nice indeed,one of my all time favourite Lego setts and this us a very nice take on the schooner. My question is do you have plans available and a list of pieces I will need to transform my schooner into this ??

Very good work! However, my one problem with this build is...Ironhook is captain instead of Redbeard!pirate_pirate_angry.gif

Hehe, I really gotta rearrange my captains,.. when I took these photos I was in kind of a hurry, and blackbeard was in his cabin inside the Black Seas Barracuda, so Ironhook replaced it for a little bit :P Of course I never liked the idea of Blackbeard being the captain of 5 ships, when I finish my mods on all the classic ships (which is what I plan to do..someday) then I will sets their crews properly.

I am afraid I got no plans for this, it really doesnt have very complicated techniques, I just tried to stick to the classic feel, and everything just came by itself :P

By the way, the final version of my Black Seas Barracuda is already sailing "the black seas" hehe, I'll post some photos when I get back to my house!

Wow you did an awesome job on that ship , but I think the other bigger ship looks fantastic.

A really nice ship pirate_classic.gif The fact that you've mostly kept to the original colour scheme is impressive, as I struggle to do that even when building original ships pir_laugh2.gif One thing to improve on, in my opinion, is the ships size: The stern seems way to big in comparison to the rest of the ship: It just takes up a bit too much room on the ship atm. I would add in another baseplate to solve this issue, but it doesnt really matter, the build is still very good. I also like the way you stuck with the blank faced figurehead pirate_wink.gif

Classic feel all the way my friend, I love classic pirates ships, especially this one, my all time favorite, I gotta redo some minor details here and there, maybe adding an additional mid hull would fix that problem yes, I had considered that a while back.

I'd be updating here when I finish those details :)

Really impressive work. I love it. The only thing I am not crazy about is the brown in the rigging. I know it is what the original used, and I know the more modern black pieces from the BP and QAR are only in the straight ladder types, not the tapered.

Nice modifications you made. The deck is definitely an improvement, very spacious. Sadly I missed out on this ship back in the day.