20 replies to this topic  – Started by Yawgmoth , Jun 05 2013 06:16 AM

#1 Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth
  • Glory to the Bluecoats!

Member: 10202

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

149C

Hello there

It's been some time since I post something, I had been busy lately,... anyway, not going to add much, I enjoyed building this one, and as a tribute to my favorite lego set of all times, I came up with this customized version.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's a size comparison I wanted to chck with my other ships.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you enjoyed the tour :)

Feedback is always well appreciated.
Redesigning classics, with my own flavor :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Admiral Blockbeard

Admiral Blockbeard
  • Cat Lover

Member: 2872

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

First of all I love all the small details, especially in the cabin. Nice little bookcase and great to see the globe in there too.

Some other things I find really neat about this over the original other than the obvious size. Is how the cannons have a nice line to them, a sloped grey deck, (not sure about grey brown would be nice but see why you have gone with it).

Im not to sure about the blue, I never have liked that seemingly random splash of blue at the back. If you want to stay true to original colours again I understand.

Love the replaced ladder with stairs. Looks great.

Really nice ships, you have an impressive collection.

AB

Posted Image

#3 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

The cabin interior has most definitely improved, the deck is a great add too, that was really something the original SES lacked.
The stern is a bit overdone I think, (the lanterns and upper white arch bricks :sceptic:  ) Overall you did a great job.

#4 Capt. Redblade

Capt. Redblade
  • Python Parrot

Member: 6242

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Go to Classic-Pirates.com

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

-- The First Doctor

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."

-- The Seventh Doctor

#5 Illarion

Illarion

Member: 58880

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

A very nice oldschool-like ship.
Maybe it would be better to change the figurehead?

#6 yys4u

yys4u

Member: 13441

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

I'm just in awe at how clean and crisp those sails are... Look at how they keep their "wind" shape!

#7 Grimmbeard

Grimmbeard
  • Oh me, oh my! Love that Redcoat Pie!

Member: 30768

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Awesome job :thumbup: . The whole thing is nicely detailed and structured

The stern is a bit large, but I can see that is just your style of building, and I think it looks quite nice anyway :classic: .
--Grimmbeard
You've fallen for one of the classic Blunders! the most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this, Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!!!

Flickr | YouTube

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

#8 Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Wow! thanks for the blog :D and for all the comments!

View PostAdmiral Blockbeard, on 05 June 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

Im not to sure about the blue, I never have liked that seemingly random splash of blue at the back. If you want to stay true to original colours again I understand.

Thanks :D  and yes! I am trying to keep it as much as I could with the original patterns and design, adding some stuff of my own.

View PostSebeus I, on 05 June 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

The cabin interior has most definitely improved, the deck is a great add too, that was really something the original SES lacked.
The stern is a bit overdone I think, (the lanterns and upper white arch bricks :sceptic:  ) Overall you did a great job.

I like big sterns :P ... uhmm, I don't know what you mean with the white arch bricks? it is about the ammount of them, or the way they are stacked? :O

View PostIllarion, on 05 June 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

A very nice oldschool-like ship.
Maybe it would be better to change the figurehead?

I can work a little bit the prow, I left the figurehead as it was in the original set, to keep the classic feeling :P I could try some others tho..

View PostGrimmbeard, on 05 June 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

Awesome job :thumbup: . The whole thing is nicely detailed and structured

The stern is a bit large, but I can see that is just your style of building, and I think it looks quite nice anyway :classic: .

I thought it was kinda large the 1st day, then I went to sleep, the next day when I started from the point I left it, it just seemed right :P it might be for a personal taste I suppose hehe

#9 Xcod119

Xcod119

Member: 34425

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

I like the sails colouring and the overall design of the ship
“There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power.”
– Gandalf

#10 Dagar morph

Dagar morph

Member: 91124

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Very nice indeed,one of my all time favourite Lego setts and this us a very nice take on the schooner. My question is do you have plans available and a list of pieces I will need to transform my schooner into this ??

#11 Sir E Fullner

Sir E Fullner
  • The Admiral's croissants smell delicious!

Member: 7307

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Very good work! However, my one problem with this build is...Ironhook is captain instead of Redbeard!Posted Image

My MOCPage Ett. FullnerMy Brickshelf

Eat yer spinach, kiddies! However, don't forget the fish.
Posted Image

#12 Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hehe, I really gotta rearrange my captains,.. when I took these photos I was in kind of a hurry, and blackbeard was in his cabin inside the Black Seas Barracuda, so Ironhook replaced it for a little bit :P Of course I never liked the idea of Blackbeard being the captain of 5 ships, when I finish my mods on all the classic ships (which is what I plan to do..someday) then I will sets their crews properly.

I am afraid I got no plans for this, it really doesnt have very complicated techniques, I just tried to stick to the classic feel, and everything just came by itself :P

By the way, the final version of my Black Seas Barracuda is already sailing "the black seas" hehe, I'll post some photos when I get back to my house!

#13 kermit

kermit
  • 1+1+1=2

Member: 11816

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Wow you did an awesome job on that ship , but I think the other bigger ship looks fantastic.

#14 legoben8

legoben8

Member: 99687

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image the black sea barracuda and the skull eye schooner are my favoritePosted Image

#15 kermit

kermit
  • 1+1+1=2

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

The captain`s cabin is quite nice as well and very well furnished.

#16 legoben8

legoben8

Member: 99687

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

The captains cabin is the best Posted Image

#17 CaptainBlackwood

CaptainBlackwood

Member: 104908

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

A really nice ship Posted Image The fact that you've mostly kept to the original colour scheme is impressive, as I struggle to do that even when building original ships Posted Image One thing to improve on, in my opinion, is the ships size: The stern seems way to big in comparison to the rest of the ship: It just takes up a bit too much room on the ship atm. I would add in another baseplate to solve this issue, but it doesnt really matter, the build is still very good. I also like the way you stuck with the blank faced figurehead Posted Image

#18 Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Classic feel all the way my friend, I love classic pirates ships, especially this one, my all time favorite, I gotta redo some minor details here and there, maybe adding an additional mid hull would fix that problem yes, I had considered that a while back.

I'd be updating here when I finish those details :)

#19 Faefrost

Faefrost
  • Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Really impressive work. I love it. The only thing I am not crazy about is the brown in the rigging. I know it is what the original used, and I know the more modern black pieces from the BP and QAR are only in the straight ladder types, not the tapered.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#20 kermit

kermit
  • 1+1+1=2

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

Nice modifications you made. The deck is definitely an improvement, very spacious. Sadly I missed out on this ship back in the day.

#21 The Architect

The Architect

Member: 101755

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

Captains cabin is really well done.
Elric of the Black Spire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links