Oky

MOC: Battle of Hypori

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello again, everyone. If you have been on this site for a few years, you may remember my first Battle of Hypori vignette. Back then I only had the boring old Grievous fig and none of the Jedi masters to recreate that scene from the original Clone Wars series properly. However, after five years of Clone Wars sets, we finally have all of the characters from that battle, and what better time to build a new vignette based on it than for this community build! And so, here it is:

During the Battle of Hypori, General Grievous reveals himself to the Jedi, killing several of them. While Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura, and Shaak Ti are barely defending themselves against the ruthless droid general, Captain Fordo and his ARC Troopers of the Muunilinst 10 come to their rescue.

8789620780_6370a7d5bc_z.jpg

Battle of Hypori by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

As you can see, Commander Fox is standing in for Captain Fordo and Captain Rex is playing the role of the ARC lieutenant and heavy trooper. :tongue: And in case you're wondering who that pair of legs belongs to, it's Tarr Seirr, the Jedi who Grievous smashed into the ground.

8783024429_2bf6ea9473_z.jpg

Battle of Hypori by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

And for those interested, here's a close up of the reciprocating quad blaster.

8789629794_092a64fb80_z.jpg

Cip-Quad by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Reference image:

640px-Quad.jpg

Whoah! Your best yet Oky! My favorite scene from the cartoon, and you represented it perfectly! Would you mind if I "borrowed" the quad gun design? Pretty please? :blush:

Ah man I remember this scene! It was such en epic fight, I thought Grievous was a bad-megablocks. Then, I saw the movie and he was underwhelming compared to this... :sadnew:

One of my favorite episode from ther old CW series. I really like the clone with the 4 barrel gun!

I very like those "Clone Wars" vignettes. You make that scene very great. But, shouldn't Grievous have cloat?

Yeeeeaaaah!!!!! a dream come true! I always wanted to see this with oficial bricks, and the fact that the figs are all clone wars style makes it even better (though I always hated those faces, this made it worth it).

My favourite entry so far.

Thanks everyone! Glad you like it! :sweet:

Whoah! Your best yet Oky! My favorite scene from the cartoon, and you represented it perfectly! Would you mind if I "borrowed" the quad gun design? Pretty please? :blush:

Of course not! That's why I provided the close up picture, in case anyone wants to recreate it. :wink:

But, shouldn't Grievous have cloat?

Yeah, but putting a cape on this new Grievous looks kind of silly. :sceptic:

Nice! One of my favorite features of the original clones was that big@ss cannon! Nice build of that and love the Jedi smashed into the ground. :laugh:

I've managed to put the old Grievous cloak on the new one and it looks pretty good. :shrug_oh_well:

That aside, I clicked this as soon as I saw it was a Hypori MOC - we need more of those around here. Pretty faithful rendition great work yet again, Oky!

I very like those "Clone Wars" vignettes. You make that scene very great. But, shouldn't Grievous have cloat?

Yeah, but putting a cape on this new Grievous looks kind of silly. :sceptic:

I once bought a longer custom cape for grievous, but it cost me f***ing 5 euro's.

It does look nice but his neck isn't made for capes.