CopMike

REVIEW - Max Rebo minifig

This summer we´ll see one of my favorite characters from Star Wars enter into the world of LEGO minifigs, I´m talking about Max Rebo :wub: !

He´ll be included in the 75020 Jabba's Sail Barge:

gallery_11254_215_45752.jpg

And now for some pictures:

gallery_148_242_71293.jpg

The head part is made from rubbery soft plastic and comes in a prepack polybag. The torso and short legs are regular parts, though the legs have never been produced in Dark Azure before which is the color of Max Rebo here.

gallery_148_242_84351.jpg

Why are you looking so sad Max :cry_sad: ? Is is because you´re late for the gig :grin: ?

Well, I got you a new piano:

gallery_148_242_51712.jpg

And I´m here also so let´s jam together:

gallery_148_242_79725.jpg

You can book us for a concert where you will hear music like it never has been performed before :devil: !

Aww man, guess I am late to the gig! I never missed a gig before, especially in Chicago. Nice to see a quick and easy figure review of Max, cheers Mike!

I guess you have the whole set.

How long is the copper flex ? (cm or studs)

Thanks for the mini-review 'CopMike', Max looks great and I do like his piano......dam, looks like my son will get the sail barge for Christmas this year. :laugh:

I want this guy but I don't really want the set much. I already have that Jabba and don't really care about the other figures... :(

Hard being a minifigure guy when you often ONLY want the minifigures in a set, and specific ones at that.

Awesome figure. Probably my second favourite in the set after the new Slave Leia.

Now all we need is Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool (although I wouldn't mind the white Twi'lek girl from the Special Edition)

That set has two of the best figures in recent times, Max and Ree Yees. I'm jealous already. :wub:

I guess you have the whole set.

No, only Max.
As long as he's playing the song from the original cut of ROTJ and not the horrible "Jedi Rocks", I'll be happy!

Max and I take any requests, as long as it can be played on a piano and bag pipe :thumbup: !

Max Rebo is a classic! It is a must have for me. I'll probably be getting the Sail Barge because of the awesome minifigs even though the build is not among the best.

Nice review! I'm getting this set for the figs and also because I don't have the older version. I'm glad they gave him blue hands so he doesn't look silly with some dark gray - like Aayla and the new Watto. So the color is dark azure, not medium blue ... I was hoping for the latter, to replace my Aaylas gray hands. Is the difference in these two colors big - I'd love to see a pic if it's possible, since it will be long till I get this set.

max looks pretty cute with his big nose =)

im torn between getting either jabbas palace or the sail barge =/

i already have the desert skiff and i really want something bigger to go with it.

maybe there will be another slave 1 next year? then getting the palace might be the better option.

Nice review! I'm getting this set for the figs and also because I don't have the older version. I'm glad they gave him blue hands so he doesn't look silly with some dark gray - like Aayla and the new Watto. So the color is dark azure, not medium blue ... I was hoping for the latter, to replace my Aaylas gray hands. Is the difference in these two colors big - I'd love to see a pic if it's possible, since it will be long till I get this set.

Lego Blues

found this, maybe it helps =)

It would have been nice to have a few more "musicians" in this set, but I guess we take what we can get -- and I'm always happy to see the debut of new Star Wars characters in Lego.

Great review and good luck with your mission putting the band back together! I for one have to say the whole Muppet show of Episode VI was really never my cup of tea as it was not actually what my image of the Wars was. I believe I prefer lasers and flying things and space adventure. I'm that kind of guy, I know. Still, I might be getting my fingers on the Barge set at one point and I probably won't be sad having this guy as well, then.

Is the difference in these two colors big - I'd love to see a pic if it's possible, since it will be long till I get this set.

Sorry for the bad picture but yes - the difference is quite big!

gallery_148_242_74828.jpg

Thanks for the review! I love this figure. :wub: While he doesn't have any printing on his torso, I still like the simplicity there. His head looks really nice too. I can't wait to get around buying the Sail Barge in the future!

Thanks CopMike for the pic - no matter the quality, the color difference is clear - I guess I'll have to spend qutie a lot, if I want to fix my Aayla. The old watto is really expensive, let alone only the medium blue hands ...

Aww :wub: ... I think my heart melted. Thank you I've wanted to see this figure since I learned of this set. And quality isn't an issue on this 10.4. :tongue:

it's a cute figure, to bad it's actually completely wrong, he actualy has no arms and uses his legs to play the space piano:

http://starwarsblog....om-of-max-rebo/

MIND.BLOWN. Seriously. Anyhow, great review of a very nice minifig which I can't wait to own, but in my mind he will be slightly more flawed knowing this.

A brilliant review cop mike! I have got jabbas sail barge and he is a truly stunning figure, well done to TLG for creating him.