Sign in to follow this  
jamie75

Want a new Falcon for $10 - TICKETS SOLD OUT!

Well, with Yoda's permission, I am starting a thread to see if there is enough interest in a "raffle" for the new Millennium Falcon coming out in Oct. Set number 10179. If you live in a cave click here:

*CLICK*

Post if you are interested in participating!!!

Post roughly how many tickets you would like to buy!

*Tickets" are $10 US!!*

If we have enough interest, we will post an official thread for the raffle. This is just to get a rough idea!! We need 55 tickets sold. $500 for the Falcon, $50 to me to cover paypal fees and fees on my credit card, anything felt over from this will be applied to shipping it to the winner. Maybe $40 or $10, I don't know what this is going to cost me in fees.

If you live in the US it will be ordered by me on my CC and shipped to you.

If you live overseas, I will order the Falcon and have it shipped to me, you will have to cover shipping to you. Currency coversions rates and Lego charging different prices in other countries prevent us from doing it any other way. Plus, I would rather send the winner the set, not money! Good point Cap! I really didn't want to send money either!

Shipping to most EU countries would be around $60 US. I used usps.gov to estimate shipping at 15 lbs. I read somewhere it weights around that! The UK was $65. These were for airmail, so you should still have it by mid-Oct. But, keep in mind you may only have to spend $40 or $45 US to have it shipped to you cause of the leftovers.

If the winner is overseas. You will need to cover any customs fees, but, I will mark it as a gift! This way, it cuts down the costs as much as possible! I can include a birthday card as well! In case the customs guys question it! :-) No seriously, I will!

Dunamis and I will pick the winner. One of us will print out a list of names. Your name will appear on the list XX amount of times, it will depend on how many tickets/ spots you buy! Buy 4 tickets, get 4 random spots on the list. Get it?? Good!! It will be completely random. EI, just cause Xwingyoda bought the first spot, doesn't mean he will be number one on the list! He maybe 1 or 5 or 39 or 55. The other one will pick a number and that, Ladies and Gentleman will be your winner!

One last thing, Give Mutley777 a big pat on the back for the idea. And buy dunamis a cookie for helping me out with the drawing!

Thanks, Jamie

So who is in ?

* Xwingyoda ............ 1

* Copmike .............. 3

* ApophisV ............. 1

* Kikuichimonji ........ 1

* Sam89 ................ 1

* Vader ................ 1

* Ras74 ................ 2

* PaulC ................ 1

* Mutley777............. 2

* Hobbes ............... 2

* ImperialJohn ......... 1

* Matthieu85 ........... 1

* captaintau ........... 3

* DGFD ................. 2

* RoscoPC .............. 2

* jugaloodoo ........... 3

* Jeff_in_NC ........... 2

* Paolo ................ 2

* catch-22 ............. 1

* jipay ................ 1

* Imperial Dawg ........ 2

* mr.fledermaus ........ 3

* kimt ................. 2

* Joe Cool ............. 1

* rexcal ............... 2

* JSN .................. 1

* blueandwhite ......... 1

* Jip

Edited by jamie75

Excellent Jamie ;-)

Get me in for a ticket then ;-)

I'll pin this, and will edit your first post to add all the participants + n

very good idea!!

how is the payment going to be made?

do we have to have paypal?

I may enter this, but I'm undecided at the moment. I'll let you know at a later time ;-)

very good idea!!

how is the payment going to be made?

do we have to have paypal?

I would perfer paypal! It is faster and easier! And safer for you!

We don't need to wait for domestic mail or in your case international mail. Plus, I don't have to deal with international money orders and/ or trying to cash international checks at my bank. Then there are fees associated with cashing overseas checks. It gets to be a headache! Please my bank places a 10 day hold on checks from out of state.

So, yes, you need a paypal account to buy a ticket!

Good question, thanks, Jamie

hi

Can someone please tell me how much a ticket in england is.

another good question..and how much it would cost in euro

another good question..and how much it would cost in euro

5.12 in pounds

7.66 in euros

Both these prices are rough and could change on a day to day basis.

BTW, if I don't win, I expect an superb picture review for my money! :-P :-P :-P

ROFL !! For that price, it has to be the BEST exclusive review EVER :-D

*yoda*

Wwll ill take one ticket at least , then when i win i can refuse to do the photo review X-D :-P ;-)

Good question Hobbes!

I sugest it will be drawn in Germany with as many EB members as possible

at the same place at the same time...

Put me up for a ticket as well Jamie!

How will the winner be chosen?

Who will do the drawing?

Who will watch the drawing?

Another question is about shipping, sure shipping is free but if your buying in the US it cant be shipped to the winners country say denmark for example.

Now if you intend to just pay the winner the cash through paypal insted then fair enough if not then i fail to see how this is going to work.

Another question is about shipping, sure shipping is free but if your buying in the US it cant be shipped to the winners country say denmark for example.

While this wouldn't be a problem for me cos I have a shipping address in the US I think for most Europeans it would be a problem.

Then again, why not announce me winner from the start? X-D

While this wouldn't be a problem for me cos I have a shipping address in the US I think for most Europeans it would be a problem.

Yeah thats the biggest problem i see for most of us, shipping this bad boy anywhere will cost a small fortune to say the least. :-/

Then again, why not announce me winner from the start? X-D

Get to the back of the que tony the tiger, lord *vader* will win this falcon :-P ;-)

How will the winner be chosen?

Who will do the drawing?

Who will watch the drawing?

Well, it is a raffle, I put all the names in a hat and my wife draws the winning name! Want me video tape it?? Sorry, I don't have a webcam.

I was hoping Yoda would help me out a little bit with this, but, I can't have him help, if he is buys a ticket. Maybe another Mod or Admin who is more wellknown then me can pick the winner. The list of people is posted on the first page of this thread. This way I could buy a ticket! X-D All he has to do is print the list and pick a name.

Now if you intend to just pay the winner the cash through paypal insted then fair enough if not then i fail to see how this is going it work.

Well, I just called S@H and I can order order stuff from there website and have it shipped to another country as long as they ship to that country. I can not order over the phone and have to shipped overseas.

But, now, there is another problem. I have to pay what they pay. Just found this out! Sorry!

Ex. 1) If I order the Falcon and the winner is from Australia. I can order it on their website and enter there shipping address and have my CC billed, but, I have to pay $769 US for it.

Ex. 2) If I order it and winners country has the Euro, it will cost me $723 US for it.

I guess, the winner pays for shipping themsleves. You get a Falcon for $10 and pay for shipping?? This could be costly for overseas winners. But, still cheaper then paying full retail for it and still paying for shipping from Lego to you in your country!

Thanks for questions and keep them coming, Jamie

I don't think it'll be that much of a problem. Just say I win, for example. You send me the $550 over paypal. I buy 10179, and it costs me

I don't think it'll be that much of a problem. Just say I win, for example. You send me the $550 over paypal. I buy 10179, and it costs me

Wow, a Millenium Falcon for $10, even if I have to pay a little extra for shipping? Count me in! This is one set that I just won't be getting any other way.