Gahrian

[MOC] Space police 1 - Sector command

Another childhood dream instantiated:

SectorCommandMain1024.jpg

This is the hub for Space police operations in a sector. Hosting both medical facilities, prison and interogation systems and life support for long term deployment, the Sector command is a self sustained law-enforcing platform.

Standard setup includes 2 x 6986 - Mission Commander ships as well as two deployable NT3 Sentinel platforms for guarding and blockading operations + smaller ships.

The ship carries 3 standardized prison modules and have two landing platforms for medium size ships (6781 SP Striker) and a docking bay for shuttles and smaller crafts (6886 Galactic Peace Keeper).

The strengt of the ship is it's deep space scanning systems which makes for a large coverage area.

elements1024.jpg

[About the MOC]

I've been working for this for a while, and it was finished back in november, but it's hard to take pictures of this model, so I've put it of for a long time.

My previous moc : http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62601 inspired me to try for something bigger.

[images]

MOC4_10241.jpg

MOC4_10242.jpg

MOC4_10243.jpg

MOC4_10244.jpg

MOC4_10245.jpg

MOC4_10246.jpg

MOC4_10247.jpg

MOC4_10248.jpg

MOC4_10249.jpg

... Eek. That's a beautiful SHIP. It sticks to the original colorscheme, the parts used are those of the time and the entire thing looks extremely detailed and rather practical as well (the prison pod holders at the back are a nice touch).

Holy crap, that's impressive! Love the look of this thing.

The Blacktron Imperium does not approve.

In all seriousness, HOLY FLEEBNORKS! This is huge! A very impressive SHIP. I always enjoy seeing SHIPs in any official Space theme, and this one does not disapoint. The way that the Mission Commander seamlessly hooks on is awesome.

That's an awesome ship :thumbup:

Big ships need a lot of details, and you've done it very nicely. I really appreciate the interactions with official sets :classic:

But seeing all those space police officers make me want to have a space pirates building contest!! (So we have enough prisoners to fill that massive prison ship)

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Gahrian: this is an awesome ship! And even if you take really good pictures, it was much better to see it live at the "Bli med å bygge landet"-event at Fornebu, Oslo in 2012. I was not able to get any goo pictures of it.

Too bad it is going to be dismantled. But now you have a lot of pieces in that color scheme so maybe we will see a smaller ship from you in the future? :)

Holy bricks! That is a phenomenal build! We salute you!

:classic:

:oh: Impressive work and awesome ship :thumbup: :thumbup:

An amazing MOC! I really like the design and amount of detail on such a large ship.

Could you make some shots of the interior? I'm especially curious about the bridge.

Edited by couchsofa

Stunning to say the least! I love how you worked in classic sets like the Mission Commander into the ship itself. This is definately a MOC that will go down as one of my favorites of all time.

Massive spaceship *huh* It's style and color scheme fit the space police them perfectly and I love the deploy-able ships :thumbup:

Wow... I've always wanted to do a big MOC but I never know where to start, so I have nothing but respect for you for completing this beauty.

Incredible! *oh2*

It's brilliant how you integrated the Mission Commanders into the structure :thumbup:

Very very nice!

I made a SP1 SHIP a while ago, and I had a really hard time trying to find enough transred panels, and even then I didn't find anywhere near as many as you've used.

You're making me want to make another SHIP now!

It's very very cool that an official Lego ship "docks" with your creation.

Outstanding work man!!! :classic::thumbup: