Sign in to follow this  
mrsniady1

Redskull pirate cutter/sloop

[pid][/pid] 148C

Hi

I am a new guy in here and here's my first MOC:

102_1510.jpg

I came out of my dark ages not very long ago, exactly at the moment, when I gave my 5 YO son (he is 6 now) some shoeboxes filled with LEGO. Ofcourse it was pirates he liked the most. And I still feel the same way. After buying PotC's Black Pearl and QAR we had to go on. I started to build two gun-decked, four masted ship, which is a WIP and this little sloop was build in the meantime. And It was inspired by other little ships like Commander Red Hat's The Seagull or many works of Sebeus whom both I salute.

102_1527.jpg

She has machine sewn sails made of PVC (PCV) fabric, and yes, I've made those sails all by myself (including machine sewing).

She is build pretty solid and easy to repair, because she's purposed to be a playable toy for my son and also she has to withstand the attacks of the Kraken monster (2 YO little sister).

102_1520.jpg

Redskull has a captain's cabin, but it's not very useful, since it's very small, but it's rather typical for all small-hull ships.

102_1529.jpg

The crew isn't very happy...

102_1536.jpg

...because they have to run from R.S.* "Neptune" (soon to be seen here on EB)

*R.S. = Redcoats' Ship

So here's BS folder http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=527724 (when public).

And sorry for my english, I don't know is it still acceptable, I hope it is.

C&C welcomed

Wow, great job! This MOC looks made by an expert!! Nice overall lines, I like the way you made the rigging support on the mast and the sails :thumbup:

Nicely done, the cabin area looks a bit cramped but also cosy.

Good job on the sails.

It's cute, and I mean that in a good way :-)

It's tough to make a good small ship, I've got a hull like that one, and I've tried for about two years now to come up with a ship design for it that I liked. So far, I have failed, it's good to see that you have succeeded where I have failed.

This little ship is awesome! I've long wanted to make a MOC pirate ship, but it seemed like such a daunting task. I think I might try your route, just take a the front and back ship pieces and try to build on a smaller scale. Kind of like a caraciture pirate ship.