becauseBATMAN

Official Lego Club - IRON MAN "Tony Stark's Laboratory" In

28v7nkw.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS HERE:

lego.com/r/club/-/media/Club/Markets/US/Club%20codes/STARK.pdf

==========================================================================

Edited by becauseBATMAN
Please resize your image to 800x600 or less.

Looks good! Slightly odd selection of suits, do I see 2 Mark VIs and no heartbreaker? It would be great if we could have some instructions for the cars too. Not making Tony's cars was one of the oddest misses of the Iron Man line, but maybe there were manufacturer licensing issues.

:classic:

Not bad. Plenty of detail and a more respectable hall of armor, but yeah, none of Tony's cars? I understand if there's a trademark issue involved, but it's not a deal breaker. I may have to build this soon, actually.

I saw this in the magazine, and was planning to enter the code later today! I'm hoping to try to build this, and maybe build a bit of the mansion on top of it. I'm building it in LDD right now to plan out the mansion part before I find some of the bricks I need! :wink:

I too saw this in the Lego mag, and wanted to build it. I still need to pick up the IM 3 sets to get more suits, though. I'm also thinking about putting in room for the Iron Patriot, even though it's not in the hall of armor. Anyway, cool lab!

EDIT: I am also gonna mod it so that this MK 1 will fit in it:

Iron Man Mark 1 By Chiukeung

Edited by commodore_legolas

Euhm, I'm not familiar with the Lego Club Magazine builds but how do I get hold of the pieces needed? I know I need to buy some sets of Iron Man 3 (especially the Malibu Mansion). But is there a link to the official Lego website to order the pieces? Or is this part of the LEGO VIP thing?

Building this and then an upgraded mansion on top would be awesome. Would definitely give it a try if I had the peices.

When I first heard about this I had hoped it would be an alternate build of some combined Iron Man 3 sets. But it looks like it's necessary to buy multiple Malibu Mansion sets and Bricklink 90% of the parts to build this. It does look fantastic though-a minor gripe is that the center circular platform isn't on a turntable.

When I first heard about this I had hoped it would be an alternate build of some combined Iron Man 3 sets. But it looks like it's necessary to buy multiple Malibu Mansion sets and Bricklink 90% of the parts to build this. It does look fantastic though-a minor gripe is that the center circular platform isn't on a turntable.

Yes it is on a turntable...

Has anyone built this yet? Would love to see pictures...

I started. I was going to wait untell I got the IM 3 sets to post, but since I'm getting those in June (So I can get the Jor-El poly), I guess I'll just post it when I finish it.

Stay tuned!

Has anyone built this yet? Would love to see pictures...

I finished building it in LDD, and I might upload some pictures later if I have the time. :classic:

Wow, that looks really nice! Great job! I'm working on expanding this build too (in LDD), by adding the mansion on top, although I'm not modifying the original build at all, just adding to it. (I would have modified it if I had to, but I've already moved past it and didn't. :wink: )

Those pics look nice, becauseBATMAN. It seems to be to bland, though maybe thats just because the pics are in black and white. Looks good anyway!

thanks! I'll post color detailed pics when it's all finished.

Wow, that looks really nice! Great job! I'm working on expanding this build too (in LDD), by adding the mansion on top, although I'm not modifying the original build at all, just adding to it. (I would have modified it if I had to, but I've already moved past it and didn't. :wink: )

Sounds good! I want to add the house on top too but I dont think I have enough white pieces for the expansion.

Yes it is on a turntable...

Judging by instruction steps 25-29, it does not appear to actually turn.

I could be and would love to be wrong though (even if it would take little effort to mod).

Edited by montyofmusic

Here's what I have so far. The bottom area is pretty much done (I may add his cars when I'm done with everything), but I'm a bit stuck on how to decorate the top floor, and I think I should make the floor light bley instead of white, but I can't remember which is more accurate to the movie...

Rear View:

RearViewWIP1_zps31601e04.png

Front View:

FrontViewWIP1_zpse80d7a29.png

Basement Area:

BasementAreaWIP1_zps2ad00a31.png

Iron Man's Laboratory:

IronMansLaboratoryWIP1_zps465b6719.png

Here's what I have so far. The bottom area is pretty much done (I may add his cars when I'm done with everything), but I'm a bit stuck on how to decorate the top floor, and I think I should make the floor light bley instead of white, but I can't remember which is more accurate to the movie...

nice work! I love the stairs and the rock design on the outside

nice work! I love the stairs and the rock design on the outside

Thanks! The rock is one of my favorite parts too! When I first started it didn't look all that great, but as I went on it started looking much better! I started designing the interior of the mansion part now. So far I have a couch, weird lamp, a spinning desk chair, and a small seat. I think I'm going to have to make it a bit taller, since the lamp sticks out the top, but I may just modify the lamp to make it smaller.

Terrific, if only I had the bricks or if I could order the bricks I needed to build your MOD. Would be ideal for my Detolf LEGO Marvel Shelf... :grin:

All it need is an Audi R8

Edited by Cammo

Terrific, if only I had the bricks or if I could order the bricks I needed to build your MOD. Would be ideal for my Detolf LEGO Marvel Shelf... :grin:

All it need is an Audi R8

Ha-ha, thanks! I wish I could build it out of physical bricks, but that's what LDD is for! :grin:

Actually, after I finish the mansion part, I'm thinking about adding some of his cars... :wink:

EDIT: Here's some of the furniture added:

RearViewWIP2_zps4a8b8eb2.png

The table isn't a design actually used in the movie, since the table in the movie would be nigh impossible to replicate in bricks from the picture I'm looking at. :laugh:

Edited by Legomaster34

I've modified the LEGO club build to fit with my modified Malibu Mansion, having trouble uploading the photos though (being a newbie!), can anyone help? I think they're too big...