[pid][/pid] 148B

Hello everyone! After a long, long time of not uploading anything, it is finally time to show you my latest ship - HMS Eternity, a flagship for my Bluecoat army!

00.jpg

It's been a long, long time since I started building this, and it spent over a year in a cabinet almost completed and waiting to be finished before I finally found the time and the motivation to do it.

01.jpg

The bluecoats have always been my favourite faction in Pirate LEGO sets, and I actually used my currect sigfig as this vessel's captain, as you will see in more detail later. :classic:

03.jpg

Front view, you can see the figurehead here, as well as the anchor.

05.jpg

The anchor mechanism actually is pretty similar to 10210 Imperial Flagship's - there's a vertical shaft hidden under the main deck, with the capstan on the main deck. I used a rope instead of a chain though.

06.jpg

If we count the bridge, the ship has a total of 4 decks. All of which are accessible. In the picture above you can see the ladders that lead to the two decks below the main deck.

07.jpg

The main deck.

08.jpg

The two ladders on both sides of the entrance to the captain's quarters lead to the bridge. We'll visit the captain's quarters later. The ship's bell is visible here as well.

12.jpg

Two large sections of the main deck can be easily removed to access the gun deck. This picture shows one of the sections removed.

13.jpg

And this one shows the other one removed. There's a total of 14 cannons.

10.jpg

Ready to fire!

14.jpg

There's a brown door behind the last pair of cannons. It's hard to take a good picture of it from here. This is the entrance to the galley. We'll visit it later too.

15.jpg

This is the lowermost deck. It can be accessed easily by removing parts of the gun deck. They are all placed on plates for easy access, just like the sections of the main deck. The soldiers who are off duty sleep in hammocks here.

16.jpg

On this cross-section you can see where the 3 decks are, with the removable parts removed for easy access to the lowermost deck. As you can see, there are two doors next to the sleeping guy. They lead to another room on the lowermost deck...

17.jpg

...and it's a storage area with some barrels and chests. You can also see some grey metal doors there too. We'll get back to them later.

18.jpg

Aaaand it's me! Told you so!

19.jpg

The captain's quarters can be accessed by removing the plate that covers the bridge.

20.jpg

This is the door that leads to the main deck.

21.jpg

The whole sterncastle can be easily removed to access the aft part of the lowermost deck. Note the door to the galley I mentioned earlier - now it's clearly visible. But when it's removed like that, one can take a better look inside the sternacastle.

22.jpg

Part of the captain's cabin can be also removed to access the galley.

23.jpg

24.jpg

With the sterncastle removed, one can now see what is behind the grey metal doors on the lowermost deck...

25.jpg

And these are captains Red Beard and Brickbeard, both captured by the mighty Bluecoats! Their hats are removed as a sign that they are no longer in command. Did you know that Red Beard's hair is long?

26.jpg

Soldier: Here's your food, Red Beard!

Brickbeard: What about mine?

And that's it! Thanks for reading! The Brickshelf folder is HERE, with some extra images that aren't shown here! Please let me know what you think about the ship!

The hammocks are just ingenious. The sterncastle look normal-sized in the context of the ship but gigantic when photographed on its own, so the ship must be bigger than it looks on the screen. I also like the slightly-overlapping and offset tiles to make the handrails.

Great job, Dreamweb.

Amazing ship. There's just so much to take in.

I think my favorite part is the hammocks.

I'm also a big fan of the hammocks, I'm not so sure wether I like the gun-line overhang or not :sceptic: but I like the bow.

That's beautiful! And I agree with the hammocks, a great way to use those awkward pieces. I'm loving that stern, as well. :thumbup:

Hammocks again! :laugh: .

The ship is just outstanding, a perfect mix of awesome design and great accessibility/playability :thumbup:

She is a very handsome ship, if I do say so myself. The design mimics that of the Imperial Flagship (it is so like a bluecoat to copy a redcoat design), but only mimics it a little bit. That is quite a galley, too. Keep up the good work!

Excellent! Not only the ship itself, but the exceptional details in every quarter that makes your creation amazing.

Thanks for your comments! The hammocks aren't really that big of a deal but I'm glad you like them. This is my first MOC that uses the new type hull bow/stern pieces (the ones introduced with Brickbeard's Bounty and used ever since). I must say they're nice to work with, although the fact that the bow and the stern are identical makes it look slightly strange. I guess I prefer the old type of sterns, but it's always good to have a choice between various types.

This deserves to be

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks a lot! And thanks for your comments!

That's a sweet gallion DreamWeb, nice to see you building still. Hope all is going well mate.

Yep, still building! I've dismantled most of my old ships and thanks to this I have a lot of bricks to build with, so expect to see more new ships sooner or later. :pir-classic:

Holy Mother of Sweet Davy Jones is that amazing! So detailed, so well built. You never cease to amaze me. Awesome!