Cammo

The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger (2013)

lone-ranger.jpg

Director: Gore Verbinski

Music: Hans Zimmer

Release: July 3rd - August 8th

Title Roles: Arnie Hammer & Johnny Depp

The Lone Ranger is an upcoming 2013 American action western film distributed by Walt Disney Pictures, based on the American Old West character serials of the same name. The film stars Arnie Hammer in the title role and Johnny Depp as Tonto.

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Trailer 3 (17th of April 2013)

https://www.youtube....cjo'

Trailer 4 (23th of April 2013)

Interesting Links:

Official Website

Official LEGO Lone Ranger Website

LEGO Lone Ranger Topic

LEGO Lone Ranger Videogame?

Edited by Cammo

I know it's not always good to go by critics' ratings, but right now the movie has a 24% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Might not be good for the franchise's future.

I have to say that, while Lone Ranger fan when I was little (I even had the large action figures - even the horse), I'm completely disinterested in this movie. I like Depp (I actually didn't used to - I hated 21 Jump Street, and his first movies were terrible - but he's really quite good); I generally like Verbinski's take on the subjects he does... I even like some of the LEGO sets (I got the train). But for some reason, I just have no interest in this movie, it just doesn't excite me at all.

I know it's not always good to go by critics' ratings, but right now the movie has a 24% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Might not be good for the franchise's future.

Like I said, IMO, I know the popularity of the movie will drive the sales of sets, but at least two of those sets, IMO, are worthy on their own - the Train and the Stage Coach. Unfortunately a lot of fans don't normally make that separation between the license and the sets. If they took away the gun car from the train, added another car and a caboose, that'd be a GREAT train starter set.

Edited by fred67

I don't care what all the reviewers say. It looks like a fun relaxing western. Good cast, fun plot, great setting, respectable director and producer and a legendary composer. I 'll just drop my expectations but still it can't be that bad. Still 30 days until it's released here.

Yeah I'm thinking ill watch it regardless, but probably on a day when the theatres give ticket discounts.

Just went and seen it last night, and I must say I was quite impressed! I brought my classic western loving dad along and he

gave it a thumbs up, witch is rare! :laugh: it had one of the wildest, most inventive, crazy train chase scene thing I have ever seen,

it was Awsome! The villan, Butch Cavendish, was creepy, nasty, canibalistic and evil. They did a good job there. Of course the scenery was beautiful, long sweeping shots of the mesas..... Ahem, great movie I would I courage you all to see it!

Oh yeah! The sets them selves don't match up perfectly, more of a blend of two or three scenes. Except the Comanche camp, that one is spot on! :laugh:

I saw it today and I really liked it, it reminded me a bit of Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill westerns plus some extra violence.

After watching the movie, it make sense why Red Harrington has two colored legs :wink:

The Stage Coach scene must have been removed from the final movie, othervise it doesn't make sense that it is a part of the set.

I saw it the other night and was also impressed. I knew nothing about it going in other than what the LEGO sets provided. It was neat seeing the characters and scenes.

It was very entertaining. Very Pirates-esque with the production team and cast, but I was okay with that since I enjoyed the Pirates movies too. Depp had some nice comic relief in it. And I would agree the train chase was crazy-tastic.

As far as the Stage Coach scene, I don't know if there really was a scene involving it, but they probably just wanted to provide another fun set and to throw in a few figures that they couldn't find a place for otherwise. You will see the Stage Coach in the background for a large part of the movie, but not a scene directly linked to the LEGO set.

I would also highly recommend it. I didn't even know it came out, otherwise I may have seen it sooner.

So, what I'm hearing (and not just from here), is that the people who've seen it really enjoyed it despite what the "professional" reviewers rated it. I remember when Star Wars came out and our local newspaper rated it 2 stars (out of 4). A couple of weeks later it suddenly shot up to 3.5.

Maybe I'll give it a shot.

My wife and I are definitely going to see it this weekend. We were planning on seeing it sooner, but some other things came up.

It was decent. The plot was a bit messy at times but I don't think it deserves to do so bad financially or get the negative reviews it's been getting. It's not a bad movie at all. Pretty fun actually.

With the $$$ it's making there's no way a second will come along. Too bad.

Saw it yesterday. Aside from some fun action scenes (that end one was oh-so entertaining), this film had so much pointless filler that it was constantly boring. I liked Armie Hammer in the fact he was trying hard to act (and some ways he did succeed), but Johnny Depp was pretty annoying and got very little laughs. I'd give it a D+.

I just saw it with my father - a fan of many old Westerns - and we both thought it was brilliantly done. It was hilarious and action-packed, and I felt the plot was surprisingly well done too. It's a shame it's getting such bad reviews.

Boy, the reviews are so polarized on this one. I've tried not to be swayed one way or the other before I see it, so I'm excited that I'll finally get a chance to tomorrow.

I watched it on the 3rd, but have not got around to posting what I thought about it.

I found it to be not quite what I was expecting, but fun none the less. The train parts were amazing, and I liked the mine as well. I thought the whole love thing was rather unessasary, and I was disapointed about Red's fairly unimportent role. But in all, it was a pretty good movie.

3 1/2 stars out of 5.

Is Johnny Depp supposed to be a politically correct native American with that white war paint?

Pretty bizarre also to see a cannibal in a Disney movie, I do not understand how Lego wants to be involved with this kind of sick violence.

Anyway, it's good to see this dumb movie flop, hopefully bankrupting Disney further.

I do not understand how Lego wants to be involved with this kind of sick violence.

Hey! I'm with you. It pisses me off that Lego makes children's toys for movies that children have NO business watching.

What kind of crazy people spend more than US$ 350 million to make and market a movie anyway, and a western at that? I guess Spielburg and Lucas are right; the movie industry will implode on itself.

It's a shame, I really enjoyed watching the old B & W Lone Ranger TV shows and I will probably see the movie eventually (in the comfort of my home), but I wouldn't want my young son to watch it and I won't be buying the Lego sets as it might lead him into wanting to see the film. I hear it's terribly fast-paced, I don't want him to get ADD.

Joe

Edited by Hey Joe

Pretty bizarre also to see a cannibal in a Disney movie, I do not understand how Lego wants to be involved with this kind of sick violence.

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. Whole island of cannibals.

Then there was that scene of the guy getting his throat slit.

-Omi