Awesome little city you have there :classic: i like the beach scene but the whole city is great :laugh:

I look forward to updates!!

Great city Melbs. :sweet:

I would of had the rail track going behind the beach/seafront,to make it that more realistic.

Very nice,

Seeing this makes me want to set my city up again, I've got a modular city set up, but I miss seeing all the smaller, more suburban sets with cars and trucks running around.

And that beach! mmmmm

Great city Melbs. :sweet:I would of had the rail track going behind the beach/seafront,to make it that more realistic.

I get you, in fact this was my earlier layout: separated the modulars/down town from the beach/suburban/houses and port

34E1B81A-C2BA-44F1-BD8C-ECC0373B4568-467-0000002BC3C2BB80_zps956952cc.jpg

its just too massive that i could not walk around the room and the kids could not play with it. i actually left spaces for future sets to be incorporated in the old layout.

Edited by melbs

Thanks for all the comments guys! It's just a humble collection and layout. Next up will be the details of the city, waiting for my order and will be tiling up the sidewalks and putting more trees and a pool and some bars by the beach to complete the boracay look

I changed the layout of my city once more to this:

IMG_3011_zps2059184c.jpg

Separated by train tracks is the modular/urban on left side of town: The Flag Strip found just beside the only road that leads to uptown.

IMG_2928_zps9c6b9862.jpg

The entrance to the oval road that houses the town's main department store, petshop...

IMG_3006_zps51fbf442.jpg

middle park and tennis court...

IMG_3007_zps74137105.jpg

And of course, gov't row, the fire station, town hall and soon to rise on the left of town hall the police station.

IMG_3010_zps375768ee.jpg

The train station that separates the two sides of town:

IMG_3005_zpsaf2ce600.jpg

And the city/creator houses/rural on the right side of town:

IMG_3015_zps61996765.jpg

Edited by melbs

And so my pick a brick orders from the US finally arrived and I actually forgot what i ordered, looked at the breakdown list, and wondered why i actually ordered them, hehe.

So here are the updates to my city:

First I added a baker's dozen short coconut trees (that's the tallest i could build given my limited brown 1x1 round brick; i had to make other trees for my down town and forest, more on that later)

IMG_3343_zps2c851658.jpg

IMG_3335_zpsd6c9d5d4.jpg

Meanwhile downtown… middle park's tennis court has finally been opened to the public

IMG_3288_zpscfae3e84.jpg

Along with it, the perimeter walls were also done in time for the unveiling of the town's local hero's statue

IMG_3291_zps97b90287.jpg

Opposite side of middle park is the old half pipe for skaters and general picnic area

IMG_3282_zps5b4ab808.jpg

Tree planting takes years for trees to grow, so the town mayor shipped in adult trees instead and scattered them throughout middle park

IMG_3298_zps3279fe0c.jpg

All sidewalks, traffic lights and street lights were also finished in record time with the help of Pimentel Bros Builders Inc.

IMG_3303_zpsbec6fda7.jpg

IMG_3344_zps95325e00.jpg

On the far side of downtown, a new residential building was constructed in record time, rumor has it that a young billionaire bought the empty lot and built the three story home for a record low $10

IMG_3292_zps02cb6cbf.jpg

The Flag Strip co-tenants are starting to complain about the slow construction of "The Shop" and its apparent design theme irregularity of having no flags in its approved final plan

IMG_3307_zpsd7489ef9.jpg

Near side of downtown at the corner near the bus and train stations, construction of a palace cinema is about to start, and some say a parisian restaurant will rise beside it by 2014, but a car dealership will be finished beside the resto before the year ends

IMG_3305_zpse8a9e81c.jpg

Over at the suburbeach… The slow life continues… Surfin… Sailin… Swimming… Loungin… horseback riding… camping…

IMG_3265_zpsef20d6af.jpg

IMG_3267_zps65da7c1f.jpg

IMG_3258_zps4eca809f.jpg

IMG_3252_zps332bcc1b.jpg

The mayor said the city's entourage development cost its minifigures a maxifigure of $350… and he is now being investigated for misappropriation of funds by the city's commander.

Edited by melbs

What a busy looking town you've got there Melbs.

On the far side of downtown, a new residential building was constructed in record time, rumor has it that a young billionaire bought the empty lot and built the three story home for a record low $10

I thought how can he build a three story home for $10? Then I took a closer look at the building - very funny, well done... :classic:

Wow you've certainly put a lot of thought into this and it looks great!

I like the tennis court, but that skate ramp needs help.....not very slope-ish or ramp-like ! :wink:

Great to see your city expand all the time 'melbs'......Brick On ! :grin:

Wow im impressed. You have a huge city and I especially like the park in the middle and the tennis court. I wish i had that big of a space to make my city.

Wow fantastic city you got there wish I had the space to make a nice layout like that. I think my favorite is the tennis court and the beach

What a busy looking town you've got there Melbs.

I thought how can he build a three story home for $10? Then I took a closer look at the building - very funny, well done... :classic:

hehe :)

Wow you've certainly put a lot of thought into this and it looks great!

Thanks, was just inspired by others here who have MUCH nicer cities.

I like the tennis court, but that skate ramp needs help.....not very slope-ish or ramp-like ! :wink:

Great to see your city expand all the time 'melbs'......Brick On ! :grin:

Wanted the Tennis court to be the center really, as i pretty much played tennis whole my life since i was 8. i agree that the half pipe needs A LOT of work, just added that because i have too many minifigs with skate boards, and had lots of extra orange bricks lying around, hehe.

Wow im impressed. You have a huge city and I especially like the park in the middle and the tennis court. I wish i had that big of a space to make my city.

Thanks

Wow fantastic city you got there wish I had the space to make a nice layout like that. I think my favorite is the tennis court and the beach

Thanks

And so another batch of PAB orders arrived....

Unfortunately Small Car Company was not allowed by the Mayor to construct within the city center, and was forced to open in the suburbeach district. Hence the delay of construction for months...

But now the dealership is finally about to open and here's a preview of the facility:

1D945DC2-BC26-4071-A5D5-4D5D1579322B_zpsycikzyfp.jpg

42EC588A-E22A-4E84-82FA-00DC03587CAF_zpsoox0e6uy.jpg

63E6AA0F-8F8B-4D35-B9C0-AD4F7534BA07_zps9yxiozte.jpg

Though the owners could not decide if the facade was better this way...

1D49B544-0ACA-4A57-A295-99AD36DD37AD_zpshdxve1oi.jpg

It was a bidding war between Octan and Shell for lubricant supplies... I guess they won

BF7F1488-14DA-49F6-AAD4-3688E2A7CFCA_zps14jfsxzu.jpg

About the same time the dealership was under construction the bike shop from the flag strip moved beside them. Here they have a bigger showroom to display their stuff. Management hopes that without the metro in the suburbeach area, sales of bicycles and motorcycles will go up. Rumor has it that the cameo bike used in captain america's movie is now on display

6941BCF5-78E0-4574-BD84-5E30B2BC67AF_zps15rwuout.jpg

Meanwhile downtown...

Recently opened Palace Cinema (opened just in time for The Lego Movie). Though after the Lego Movie blockbuster, ticket sales have been very slow, wonder what's showing currently?

9C5C7907-12E7-4AA2-B186-7849A0538055_zpspjodusag.jpg

No wonder...

CB0907A6-7D49-43BB-96A9-CEBFFB016EE3_zpskxezkoen.jpg

The flag strip no more :(

0B8E11EC-B03B-4CC8-AF9F-437E2229746B_zpswczvbzix.jpg

Pizza shop relocated to a better foot traffic location... by the train station

198AF00C-331E-468F-9E36-7770B289BE67_zpszvkw5bct.jpg

Overview of April 2014 layout:

1AF09184-5F12-471F-AA4A-DB4AF43FE411_zpss9ucap7n.jpg

09EBEC45-DAB7-48AA-A5D5-92BA569DEAB6_zpsqljeyu7z.jpgF93D20EC-609C-4B9A-8A62-A4878A6E90D9_zpsht4accxa.jpg

BEED3656-0DCD-4072-8E1C-67C8AE456C4A_zpsynpxww3d.jpg

pending sets to be opened:

039A3254-CD97-4091-B74C-2F0C23A4BE18_zpse8i872i3.jpg

E318DA28-AD1D-4084-ACC2-5F418488949B_zpsm4ngie6b.jpg

A0BF1D81-D020-491D-8391-C69604B292BC_zpswenxktzn.jpg

Edited by melbs

I do love a big City layout, yours just keeps getting better and better.

I especially like the central park/tennis court area, the beach is pretty cool too.

I think the car poking out of the building looks better than when it is stuck to the side, it looks too big like that and just doesn't look right.

Keep on building.

Really nice! If Lego would not be that space consuming ;)!

100% correct....in my cae,,it is a super mess with all these NIB ...even cant find a way to store them. Looks like will build an extension ;)

That beach with the towels on the sand. I love it. I'm going to build a beach for my town when I get home from my vacation, and those towels are really something I haven't thought about. Thanks for charing!