• Not so bright... light yellow

Member: 3510

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

I found the 2001 football set 3421 MISB for only $10! :thumbup:

#52 Jvvv

Jvvv

Member: 3738

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

There were some LEGO sets on sale (-40%) in one of the Finnish cheap-stores. One of their shops hadn't got any advice what were the discounted sets, so the cute shopgirl said that she can write a discount coupon for any set if I'd like to by one (not more than one because that her boss might get mad :tongue: ).

There wasn't very much oportunities to choose, so I took one 7738 (Coast Guard Helicopter & Life Raft) and I was very happy about the 40% discount.

The official discounted sets were, some Bionicle, last year's Tiny Turbos and some Mars Mission and discontinued Star Wars sets.

#53 Dadster

Dadster

Member: 2375

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:48 PM

I found the Exo-Force Uplink (7708) and Sentry (7711) sets at a WM.  Both marked down to $1.00.  Not a huge find by any means, but they're both decent looking sets and for a buck each?!

#54 pr0visorak

pr0visorak

• Silvery Provo

Member: 3570

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

I bought an AT-TE for only $100 when it is actually $200.
2nd Singaporean in Eurobricks and first few to enter the Singapore F1 Night Race on the 1st day!

Today is the Star wars Clone wars Ryloth the trilogy!
Posted Image

#55 eti

eti

Member: 2975

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

I don't have them in my hands yet, but I just found an ad on Markplaats (sort of Craigslist, Dutch version, E-bay owned) from somebody selling off his entire Lego collection per piece, but apparently he hasn't heard of Bricklink. I ordered 5 white pigtail hairpieces for 79 eurocents each...
He said they were a little yellowed but in the picture he sent, they looked alright to me!
And no, he was not that cheap with everything. Red pigtails go for 3,99.

#56 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

I got two rare sets:2554 F1 Pit stop from Shell, and I found 6535 Dumper in old Toy Shop
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#57 Bobskink

Bobskink

• Gumbear Commander

Member: 1925

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

Al the Star Wars sets from 1999 at -50% Star Wars Lego wasn't selling that well in the beginning so they put in on sale. I was also able to buy the first Falcon at -50%.

#58 eti

eti

Member: 2975

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

So, my white pigtails arrived! Some are slightly yellowed but for 5 euros I'm not complaining at all... and they make great UFOs!

Posted Image

What shall I do next? A Virgin Suicides MOC?

#59 Tyrant

Tyrant

Member: 2759

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

The only thing I have managed to buy off of craigslist (they always seem to be sold by the time I get a response) was a large lot of LEGO. The lot included a nearly complete Vladek's Fortress (minor pieces were the only thing missing), nearly complete original AT-TE, the more recent Slave I (complete, duplicates of most figures for some reason), 2 V Wing Fighters, more than half of the Dagobah/XWing set, an older Airport set complete as near as I can tell, several figures (and weapons and assorted accesories), and a reasonably large tub of misc bricks (1/4 or so MEGABlocks, the only real downside). All of this was $150 (plus driving to pick it up). I believe it was a good deal.

More recently at a local WalMart the Republic Gunships were dropped to $60. Naturally it was the one week I didn't go there (they had 8 of them sitting there at $78 for weeks) so they were gone when I got there. They still had the Dwarves Mine which had just dropped to $35 so I bought the 2 they still had. A few other Wal Marts near me still have those at $45. If they drop to $35 I may pick up more.

Not quite as great a find but I did come across the Creator Stegasaurus set for $35 at KMart over the weekend. They had a second one that I probably should have picked up as well. It was on clearance and not a sale to be clear.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion, I gain strength.  Through strength, I gain power.  Through power, I gain victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
My Bricklink Store

#60 Legoist

Legoist

Member: 5397

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

I bought the 7905 Building Crane for 38e (originally listed at 75e), the 7893 Passenger Plane for 25e (originally 55e) and the 7898 Cargo Train Deluxe for 77e (don't remember the full price...). That's my best luck so far.

Other heavily discounted sets I've found but didn't buy have been the 7249 XXL Mobile Crane for 25e (originally ~50e) and the 7894 Airport for 40e (originally 75e).

Unfortunately the starting prices here in Finland are very high, so finding the occasional clearance sale is a bless.

#61 Dadster

Dadster

Member: 2375

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:36 AM

View PostTyrant, on Feb 25 2009, 03:30 PM, said:

The only thing I have managed to buy off of craigslist (they always seem to be sold by the time I get a response) was a large lot of LEGO. The lot included a nearly complete Vladek's Fortress (minor pieces were the only thing missing), nearly complete original AT-TE, the more recent Slave I (complete, duplicates of most figures for some reason), 2 V Wing Fighters, more than half of the Dagobah/XWing set, an older Airport set complete as near as I can tell, several figures (and weapons and assorted accesories), and a reasonably large tub of misc bricks (1/4 or so MEGABlocks, the only real downside). All of this was $150 (plus driving to pick it up). I believe it was a good deal.

More recently at a local WalMart the Republic Gunships were dropped to $60. Naturally it was the one week I didn't go there (they had 8 of them sitting there at $78 for weeks) so they were gone when I got there. They still had the Dwarves Mine which had just dropped to $35 so I bought the 2 they still had. A few other Wal Marts near me still have those at $45. If they drop to $35 I may pick up more.

Not quite as great a find but I did come across the Creator Stegasaurus set for $35 at KMart over the weekend. They had a second one that I probably should have picked up as well. It was on clearance and not a sale to be clear.

Yeah - craigslist is tough.  Either too late or too far away for me...

I hope the Dwarves Mine goes down to $35.  I have a $33. gift card!

#62 Jvvv

Jvvv

Member: 3738

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

Legoist, where have you made those lucky finds in Finland? Seems that real supersales are very very rare here. Many of the big shops have said that they never set bigger discounts than 30% on Lego, which is very sad. Last time was few days ago when there was a huge sign that said something like "Cheap Lego sets!". In fact the prices were reduced about 20% maximum. For example, the new Gas Station was "discounted" to 29€. :sceptic:

Last week Tarjoustalo sold some sets -40%, but there wasn't so much variety, mainly Bionicles and discontinued Tiny Turbos. Only good offers have been TRU's -50% offers in December (Police station, Coast Guard rig, Belville House, Indiana Jones airplane)

#63 fenrir

fenrir

Member: 3185

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:02 AM

:sadnew:

still waiting for that day

#64 legofan

legofan

Member: 2469

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:19 AM

I'm kinda lucky to come from Singapore... It seems alot of complains where about the huge price difference in the States and in Singapore...
An Example: A normal set like the construction site 7633:
In the States as stated in Lego@Home: US$99.99
In Singapore in normal retail price: S$202.90
Using a very typical conversion rate of US$1 to S$1.50, we get S$149.99 against our price of $202.90...
Lotsa difference?

However, getting back to this topic, Singapore has a very cool damaged box set sales; meaning a super sale clearing the damaged box sets at 50% or even more!! Luckily for me, mu hunting and perservence got me ALL of my sets at discount prices ranging from 20% all the way to 70%...  :tongue:  

Sum it up, if we wait, endure (meaning you have to endure the fact that MANY MANY others got their sets before you...) and strike when the time is right, you can get the sets you want at almost half their prices...  :tongue:

#65 Dutch

Dutch

Member: 4110

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:44 AM

my best deal was lego made a mistake in a catlog for the hailfire droid they said it was 10" by 10" but when i measured it was only 6"by 6" so i called lego and i got $20 dollers back store credit and saved it for a year and got the separatist spider droid cause i want / love fox  :wub:  

my the force be with you :vader:

Edited by clone killer, 11 March 2009 - 02:45 AM.

#66 jonwil

jonwil

Member: 1239

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

I cant remember too many really good finds I have had over the years. I do remember missing out on getting the Ice Station Odyssey at a good price (not once but twice IIRC) and am kicking myself now for not taking the deal on one of them (I STILL don't own one and there are none on Bricklink OR eBay in Australia)

Haven't bought anything from secondhand type shops since there aren't that many that are easy for me to get to plus the ones we have here (both the charity shops like Salvos and stuff and the retail second hand shops like Cash Converters) don't generally have LEGO. Second hand shops more carry electrical, sporting goods, jewelery, video games etc. Charity shops generally mostly carry clothes and some misc crap like household goods (kitchen stuff etc)

One thing I remember finding though was when I was in a store that had 2 different copies of the 8455 pneumatic backhoe loader, both of which had been opened and appeared to have polybags missing. Ended up taking both of them to the counter and finding one complete set (which I bought) from both partial sets.

#67 Er!k

Er!k

Member: 5351

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:19 AM

Really lucky finds... Difficult for me since I started last year again  :sceptic:  Maybe the old switching tracks  :classic:
My train sets:
Posted Image

#68 jifel

jifel

Member: 1711

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

Never got any good deals, except the new at-te for US $63, not including shipping. ($75 overall.) But tha was sill $20 less!
Not as good as some of the things i have heard though...

jifel

#69 Tinn-man

Tinn-man

Member: 4164

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

I can't remember if I have said this already or not, but I found the Bat-cave and the Joker's plane attack at Target on clearance for $20 and $15 respectively a couple of years ago.  I passed up buying them for many reasons:

I had no place to put them.
I was not into Batman at the time. (as in pre-Dark Knight :tongue: )
There was only one Bat-cave left, and I had taken it up to the check out lane, when a little kid came up and said "Wow, look at that, I hope they have more of those back there".  So, being a nice guy, I put it back so he could have it.
Plus, I wanted to save all of the money that I could to by the hoth base later in the year (and I still don't regret that).

Of course, if I would have known the bricklink prices of these would skyrocket 2 years later, I might have kept them :laugh:

#70 Zorbas

Zorbas

• Tough on stains!

Member: 4609

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

Just got back from a toy store. I found a 6093 MISB Flying Ninja Fortress for €74.99! I think it's a good deal considering prices on Bricklink. Its condition is almost excellent and i grabbed it instantly.
Posted Image
Posted Image

It was probably forgotten there and there is hardly any shelfware or dust on it!
Posted Image
"Bricks and stones, timber and tiles - are of no use when dumped at random..."
Xenophon - "Memoirs of Socrates"
Brickshelf

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

by Jebediahs

Posted Image

#71 The Who

The Who

• No more boogers

Member: 2808

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

View PostZorbas, on Mar 14 2009, 03:02 PM, said:

Just got back from a toy store. I found a 6093 MISB Flying Ninja Fortress for €74.99! I think it's a good deal considering prices on Bricklink.

Wow, that is a pretty good find.
"When informed of the waiting period on guns at walmart; it is not infact witty to reply asking where the chainsaws are. Police will be notified."

Like free third person shooters? Online? You should join me on Battlefield Heroes, make sure you use this link.
Battlefield Heroes Link

#72 k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000

Member: 5602

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

I actually JUST bought the 4730 Harry Potter - Chamber of Secretes set, unopened from some old lady on craigslist for 20 bucks.  Some light shelf wear, but in really awesome con'd. It still has the wal-mart price tags from 2002 :p. I might post a review of it later on when I decide what to do with it :p

Posted Image

Posted Image

#73 matan

matan

Member: 5628

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

Hello,
on Czech auction server is very nice and rare set 6365 Summer Cottage.
link -http://www.aukro.cz/item591242355_lego.html
For me will be  very expensive - CZK 26,7/EUR 1.
Golden opportunity for you !
Good luck

Attached Images

• 6365.jpeg

#74 diabloiij

diabloiij

Member: 4166

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

got 5 sith infiltrator 7663 for $15 each today! nice.

#75 Natman8000

Natman8000

• Dorky Obnoxious Tusken Accountant

Member: 2813

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:17 AM

View Postdiabloiij, on Mar 24 2009, 06:05 PM, said:

got 5 sith infiltrator 7663 for $15 each today! nice.
That is super! Where did you find such a deal? Those sets may have been half baked but for 15$s...
Posted Image   Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users