Darkdragon

Aperture Academy Mafia School: Day 7 - Play It Again, Sam

apertureacademy_day07.png

apertureacademy1.png

8622345465_d9c83bef59_c.jpg

apertureacademyr.png

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Academy (town) or Black Mesa (scum). To win the game, the Academy must vote or kill off all Black Mesa, while Black Mesa needs to outnumber the Academy. Each character was given a sort of “bare-bones” character description as well. Feel free to expand on your character, to roleplay and truly become them.
  2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During the day you will be able to vote to expel (lynch) a player. Voting must be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to expel (lynch) a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.
  3. You must vote in every day thread.
  4. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime. You may not post about the game openly on Eurobricks during that time (but may continue to use private messages).
  5. The alignment of expelled (lynched) players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  7. You may not quote/post anything sent to you by another player via PM. If you wish to use information gained in this way, you must do so in your own words only.
  8. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  9. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players (living or dead). Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  10. Don't edit your posts.
  11. You must post in every day thread.
  12. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense.
  13. If at any time another player asks you to violate these rules (for example, asking you to give them your role PM), report this to the hosts immediately along with PM proof of the violation.

apertureacademyps.png

The Faculty

8473857783_df5e327b72_t.jpg

Ms. Margarette Dragonsworth, Dean of Girls (Darkdragon)

8474946132_8dd094573f_t.jpg

Mr. Ian Shadeaux, Dean of Boys (Shadows)

8556241652_672823ba45_t.jpg

Lord Dragonsworth, Headmaster (Dragonator)

The Students

8474946056_17f1fa4a26_t.jpg

Jeanie Bueller, The Stoner (badboytje88)

8473767895_8c74f0625b_t.jpg

Bobby Busch, The Band (Hammerstein NWC)

8474855050_e7022599e9_t.jpg

Andrew Clark, The Jock (clanure)

8474855310_387fa43dd9_t.jpg

Lucy Emerson, The Band (esurient)

8474855214_08d48df091_t.jpg

Burton Guster, The Jock (Jedi master Brick)

8474855024_e9ab7f234d_t.jpg

Mary Jane, The Jock (mostlytechnic)

8473768081_e5033d87a7_t.jpg

Brian Johnson, The Geek (purpearljellyblob)

8474855348_3870f06761_t.jpg

Chuckie Miller, The Goth (-obelix-)

8473767681_30e31a7729_t.jpg

Davey Osborne, The Goth (Mencot)

8473767731_d92ecbf2e1_t.jpg

Adriano Parbritzzi, The Exchange Student (PsyKater)

8473768023_f160833323_t.jpg

Allison Reynolds, The Goth (jamesn)

8474855232_03852cb8a0_t.jpg

Claire Standish, The Prep (LegoDad)

apertureacademyxs.png

8473767855_fe6b740ec0_t.jpg

Simone Adamley, The Cheerleader (Captain Nemo) - Loyal Student

8474855126_3e7f180620_t.jpg

Craig Anheiser, The Stoner (Kristel) - Loyal Student

8474855264_2b7f8ab94e_t.jpg

Wendy Beamish, The Band (Wedge09) - Loyal Student

8474854984_a7cae566f7_t.jpg

John Bender, The Stoner (Antonio) - Loyal Student

8474855508_99b5ae1e8a_t.jpg

Newton Crosby, The Geek (debricker) - Loyal Student

8474855178_453de4efb2_t.jpg

Bud Fox, The Prep (Tohst) - Loyal Student [Reassigned to Testing]

8474855462_35088d8b4b_t.jpg

Cameron Frye, The Prep (Tamamono) - Loyal Student

8473767969_de676cc31d_t.jpg

Sloane Peterson, The Cheerleader (Bob) - Loyal Student

8473768113_fff2c3a8ea_t.jpg

Ricky Sanders, The Mascot (Brickington) - Loyal Student

8474855370_b4c89078b0_t.jpg

Shawna Spencer, The Geek (Fred Daniel Yam) - Black Mesa Gang

Nothing to do to save his life, call his wife in

Nothing to day but what a day, how's your boy been?

Nothing to do; it's up to you

I've got nothing to say but it's OK :thumbup:

Good morning, good morning.

Well, well, well... no kills at all.

So, time to hear what anyone did - investigation, blocking, doctor, etc. Did the blocker successfully block the killer? Or was the intended victim protected? Who did what to whom with what and when and why???

Well, to carry on with the theme, nothing changed for me. I was unable to leave my room again. Those that believe me will continue to do so. Likewise for those that don't.

I contacted the "Blocker" and the "Blocker" has prevented this student from playing basketball last night.

8474855214_08d48df091_t.jpg

What a load of nonsense. Is this the latest scum attempt at fabricating results, they have already tried it once and it worked and they try it again. It seems the the scum are going tow in because they are good at fabricating results

What a load of nonsense. Is this the latest scum attempt at fabricating results, they have already tried it once and it worked and they try it again. It seems the the scum are going tow in because they are good at fabricating results

That may be true (yet to be proven either way) on the investigator, but the blocker got rid of Shawna, so I'm HIGHLY inclined to believe again.

And not only that, but Shawna wasn't seriously on the radar when the blocker pointed us to her, so it's not like this is likely to be a scum impersonator. I think our blocker has proven him/herself. I for one am optimistic about this Day 7, that we'll actually get to vote a scum out again!

That may be true (yet to be proven either way) on the investigator, but the blocker got rid of Shawna, so I'm HIGHLY inclined to believe again.

And not only that, but Shawna wasn't seriously on the radar when the blocker pointed us to her, so it's not like this is likely to be a scum impersonator. I think our blocker has proven him/herself. I for one am optimistic about this Day 7, that we'll actually get to vote a scum out again!

Shawna was already a suspect and was highly suspicious before then. It could of easily been a sacrifice to divert attention away from the rest of the scum.

To the Blocker, was "kept from playing basketball" verbatim what was said, or is that just your way of telling us the specific person blocked? I don't want more vague results like we've seen before. Was the result "successful"? Burton was on my radar yesterday and I voted for him, and then I changed to Chuckie after being shown seemingly scummier behavior. If the blocker can give some more information on what their result was, I will have no problem voting for Burton again today.

Burton, your rant about the blocker, who as correctly was stated has already produced a scum killer, is very odd. I have a feeling you're going to dig yourself a deep hole today.

To our teachers, yes, we may be doing Day 6 over again in your eyes, but we have another night of results and no town were killed, I call that a net win.

Fine. This should be easy. If he is the blocker, we could block him next night to avoid the killing ability being passed on. But only if we can be sure about another lynch target

Addendum: I wanted to say: if he is the killer

This is some progress, as claire also said. It is not just day 6 all over again because we are a bit smarter today . This will hopefuly help us in our voting at the end of the day, the blocking result, hmm yea Burton has been on my suspicious list we just have to figure out "prevented this student from playing basketball last night." Basketball doesn´t really sound like scummy business, he is a Jock, I haven´t really talked to Burton what sports he plays but basket is a good option. What do you others think about this?

"Kept from playing basketball" doesn't sound too scummy. But in case it is, I think Adriano has a good plan:

1. We decide on someone other than Burton to expel today
  2. We block Burton again tonight

There's always the possibility the doctor saved someone from the kill last night, rather than the blocker blocking the scum kill. If there's no scum kill tomorrow morning, then we expel Burton.

Ok, to follow up on that, who do you feel would be an optimal expel today? We had votes yesterday for Bob, Jeannie, Adrianno, Andrew, and Chuckie. None were really close to expulsion.

What do you think about Chuckie? I voted for him yesterday and he is still on top of my list. We could check what Burton did as well to see if we can find teamplayers of him and Allison.

But I want to hear some lynch ideas first. :)

Ok, to follow up on that, who do you feel would be an optimal expel today? We had votes yesterday for Bob, Jeannie, Adrianno, Andrew, and Chuckie. None were really close to expulsion.

I think Adriano and Andrew should be out as lynch candidates.

If we want to lynch Burton today, that's cool because the block result suggests he's the scum killer. However, we'd risk losing a townie to a new scum killer in the night. Should we trade lynching the scum killer for losing a townie and not having any clues tomorrow?

Clarification:

If we lynch the scum killer, we probably lose a townie and don't have any clues tomorrow.

If we block the scum killer, we wouldn't lose a townie in the night, and we could lynch a different scum today.

I'm still suspicious of Andrew, I don't believe Adriano is scum for one minute.

Playing basketball doesn't sound very scummy but who knows what that actually means?

Shawna was already a suspect and was highly suspicious before then. It could of easily been a sacrifice to divert attention away from the rest of the scum.

Shawna wasn't high on my list, and I don't think high on most lists. There were scummier-appearing people that could have been sacrificed (assuming they were indeed scum). But to me, it appeared not sacrificial.

To our teachers, yes, we may be doing Day 6 over again in your eyes, but we have another night of results and no town were killed, I call that a net win.

Agree! No town killed is a win in and of itself, and having info is even better.

Fine. This should be easy. If he is the blocker, we could block him next night to avoid the killing ability being passed on. But only if we can be sure about another lynch target

Addendum: I wanted to say: if he is the killer

Do we know that the killer ability gets passed on in the scum? Or is this just an assumption based on the history of kills? Our vig's ability didn't get passed on.

I'm still suspicious of Andrew, I don't believe Adriano is scum for one minute.

Playing basketball doesn't sound very scummy but who knows what that actually means?

Agree on both Andrew and Adriano.

The blocker doesn't get to know WHAT they blocked someone from doing, right? So I think this is just the blocker being told they were successful in keeping someone locked up for the night and the basketball part isn't any more significant than the fact that he's a jock is. That's my understanding, but I could be wrong.

Do we know that the killer ability gets passed on in the scum? Or is this just an assumption based on the history of kills? Our vig's ability didn't get passed on.

I already explained a few days ago why I don't believe that the scum's kill ability would not be passed on. It would make a scum win depend completely on the lynch.

Allison, you agree that Burton should be spared another night, but want to get rid of me? I am looking forward to hear your evidence against me.

Agree on both Andrew and Adriano.

The blocker doesn't get to know WHAT they blocked someone from doing, right? So I think this is just the blocker being told they were successful in keeping someone locked up for the night and the basketball part isn't any more significant than the fact that he's a jock is. That's my understanding, but I could be wrong.

Well, Shawna was the claimed Serial-Killer-but-actually-scum, so the best guess is that yes, someone else has the scum kill. Also (I can't find where it is at the moment) Cameron said the doctor inherited that action after the original doctor was killed on Night One.

I disagree on Andrew and Adriano.

Allison, you agree that Burton should be spared another night, but want to get rid of me? I am looking forward to hear your evidence against me.

No, that's not what I think. Did you misread:

I meant that you and Andrew should not be considered as lynch candidates because I think you're both town. I explained yesterday why I'm certain Andrew is town. I have no evidence against you. I don't want to lynch you.

Sorry, Mary Jane, I misread what Bob said about Adriano that you quoted. It seems you both don't think Adriano is scum?

What do you think about Chuckie? I voted for him yesterday and he is still on top of my list. We could check what Burton did as well to see if we can find teamplayers of him and Allison.

But I want to hear some lynch ideas first. :)

I changed my vote to Chuckie yesterday due to someone's post about some of his erratic behavior, I don't remember who said it. He's still high on my list, as is Burton for now obvious reasons, but he was up there yesterday too. I would really like to hear some follow-up from the blocker to know exactly what they were told, as I had asked earlier. Actions should get a "successful" or "unsuccessful" read I would think. Some of the vague outcomes are bothering me. Even though she came up town, Jeannie doesn't sit well with me either, and since she garnered some votes yesterday, doesn't sit well with some others either.

If we want to lynch Burton today, that's cool because the block result suggests he's the scum killer. However, we'd risk losing a townie to a new scum killer in the night. Should we trade lynching the scum killer for losing a townie and not having any clues tomorrow?

Clarification:

If we lynch the scum killer, we probably lose a townie and don't have any clues tomorrow.

If we block the scum killer, we wouldn't lose a townie in the night, and we could lynch a different scum today.

At what point though do the actions quit being handed down? If they are down to one scum, is it some all powerful blocking/framing/killing machine? I would think once the goons are used up, if there were any, that the actions would be lost. I really don't know why our doctor role would have been passed down when the Vig was not. I would say that as long as the Godfather is in play, there will be a kill, even if the scum killer is expelled, but who knows, I'm no expert at this.

At what point though do the actions quit being handed down? If they are down to one scum, is it some all powerful blocking/framing/killing machine? I would think once the goons are used up, if there were any, that the actions would be lost. I really don't know why our doctor role would have been passed down when the Vig was not. I would say that as long as the Godfather is in play, there will be a kill, even if the scum killer is expelled, but who knows, I'm no expert at this.

Ah - but a scum team without a kill is severely underpowered because then it relies on the lynch to do the killing which is not ideal for the scum. I imagine if there was a four-person scum team with four actions and the killer is lost, the scum would give up a less important night action such as blocking or framing. I'm sure that if we expelled Burton (and he's the scum killer, as I suspect), there'd be another scum killer on the loose tonight.

Yeah, I get that a scum team without a kill is pretty much treading water. I guess I hadn't considered the option of relieving another action for the kill.

At this stage in the game, why is everyone still wanting to risk as if we have another day to live? Unless you are scum. We do not want to lynch the wrong person today.

I already explained a few days ago why I don't believe that the scum's kill ability would not be passed on. It would make a scum win depend completely on the lynch.

Ah - but a scum team without a kill is severely underpowered because then it relies on the lynch to do the killing which is not ideal for the scum. I imagine if there was a four-person scum team with four actions and the killer is lost, the scum would give up a less important night action such as blocking or framing. I'm sure that if we expelled Burton (and he's the scum killer, as I suspect), there'd be another scum killer on the loose tonight.

Yeah, I get that a scum team without a kill is pretty much treading water. I guess I hadn't considered the option of relieving another action for the kill.

I did some research and back-up roles exist, so it is not just simply a role that is passed on when someone dies. Back-up roles are pre-determined by the faculty before the game.

To the Blocker, was "kept from playing basketball" verbatim what was said, or is that just your way of telling us the specific person [was] blocked?

Sorry for the confusion but I would be going against the rules if I am going to quote directly or post anything from another player, and wouldn't it all fit perfectly if I get 5 penalty points and the scum would jump on the bandwagon to get rid of the messenger the blocker trusted? And what I was trying to say is what Claire said (in bold).

---

We should also consider all the possibilities that will occur if we decide to keep Burton from the lynch. If we decide to keep Burton and continue to keep him blocked, and try to lynch someone else,

(a) we would risk lynching the wrong person that we have no evidence against (only suspicions)

&

(b) also, seeing how Andrew was continuously blocked by the scum blocker, we would also risk losing our investigator if the scum decide to go roulette and try to find the town blocker with the scum blocker and the scum's killer can try to perform the kill on Andrew.

If whatever I have said turns out to be true, we will lose our investigator tonight and the town blocker would not have a block on Burton tonight (because the scum blocker would have blocked the town blocker). I mean the scum has been pretty lucky taking out our Vig on Day 1. They can be lucky again.

---

I think Adriano and Andrew should be out as lynch candidates. If we want to lynch Burton today, that's cool because the block result suggests he's the scum killer. However, we'd risk losing a townie to a new scum killer in the night. Should we trade lynching the scum killer for losing a townie and not having any clues tomorrow? Clarification: If we lynch the scum killer, we probably lose a townie and don't have any clues tomorrow. If we block the scum killer, we wouldn't lose a townie in the night, and we could lynch a different scum today.

How do we know the person we are intending to lynch would be a scum, unless you are scum yourself and you would want to protect your killer and sacrifice your goon or "someone with a less important night action" instead?

"Kept from playing basketball" doesn't sound too scummy. But in case it is, I think Adriano has a good plan:
  1. We decide on someone other than Burton to expel today
  2. We block Burton again tonight

There's always the possibility the doctor saved someone from the kill last night, rather than the blocker blocking the scum kill. If there's no scum kill tomorrow morning, then we expel Burton.

I'm still suspicious of Andrew, I don't believe Adriano is scum for one minute. Playing basketball doesn't sound very scummy but who knows what that actually means?

"Playing basketball doesn't sound very scummy". Sounds to me that you are trying to protect your scum killer and direct attention towards something else.

How do we know the person we are intending to lynch would be a scum, unless you are scum yourself and you would want to protect your killer and sacrifice your goon or "someone with a less important night action" instead?

If we lynched someone else, hoping they are scum is a risk we have to take, but we have to balance that against the fact that if we lynch the probable scum killer today, there will no doubt be a scum kill tonight. I'm not trying to protect the probable scum killer - I'm suggesting a way to protect the town by neutralising the probable scum killer's night action.

It's also a numbers thing. If we keep a certain lynch until tomorrow and remove the night action in the meantime, if we accidentally lynched a townie today it would be less dreadful than if we lynched the killer today, lose a townie tonight then accidentally lynch a townie tomorrow.

With respect to a "less important night action" - don't you think that framing, for example, is less important to scum than killing? The moment we lynch the killer (like last time), the kill will go to someone else and the scum will probably give up a "less important night action" to regain the kill, if they are already saturated with night actions. This isn't about scum lynching someone else instead of the killer, because the killer will be blocked again tonight.

Also, you're shouting. It scares the children.