SteampunkDoc

MOC: The Burning at Lake Silencio-Doctor Who

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Not my first MOC by far, but one of the first that I feel is worthy of this site.

And yes, 90% of Doctor Who MOCs are posted in Sci-Fi, but this doesn't have the TARDIS or anything, so I felt it belonged here instead.

(Although I am looking forward to the day when DW MOCs belong over in "Licensed" :wink: )

The Burning at Lake Silencio

8615720172_61d00b65d5_c.jpg

Lake Silencio, Utah, 2011

The Doctor has summoned Amy Pond, her husband Rory, and River Song via blue envelops to Lake Silencio.

He told them not to interfere as an Impossible Astronaut rose from the lake.

It shot The Doctor, he began to regenerate, but it continued it's assault.

He fell, it returned to the depths as his three friends ran to help him.

But it was too late, he was dead.

They set his body on fire, and sent it out into the lake.

They watched it burn as the sun set and the waters glowed red with the light from the flame.

Because this event is a fixed point in time, there is nothing that they can do.

The Doctor, who has cheated death for over a thousand years, has breathed his last.

Well, not really. He found a way around the fixed-point restriction. This was just a robot....In a round-about way.

The scene is somewhat from The Impossible Astronaut. That being the opening episode to Doctor Who Series 6.

And yeah, I kinda played a bit loose with the source material for this MOC, but I like the more dramatic lighting. A few wires have been photoshopped out, but the lighting effects are all in-shot.

I used one red flashlight, and 16 Lifelites in this thing. Hope you like it!

Oh yeah, for sake of simplicity, I left River out of this shot, and poor Canton out altogether. Sorry if that disappoints you.

Comments and critiques are more than welcome!

SteampunkDoc

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

The photograph is a little bit too dark; I'd like to be able to see the shape of the boat better, for instance, but the scene is very recognisable. Well done setting up the picture.

Thank you, I'm really proud of this, and I'm glad ya'll like it. The lighting was a pain to set-up and photograph, but it was well worth it.

This was mostly a test for getting the dramatic lighting, so I'll probably be using techniques like this more often. Thanks again!

The photograph is a little bit too dark; I'd like to be able to see the shape of the boat better, for instance, but the scene is very recognisable. Well done setting up the picture.

Ah, good point. I can make out the boat edges just fine, but I know where to look and what to look for. I'll be sure to keep that in mind with any future MOCs, and thanks for saying that.

There was also a hint of fear about it not being recognized, but you've thankfully put that to rest.