Firemen Ship (7906) Pic Review

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:53 PM

Guys and gals,

I was doing some Lego shopping with Sne yesterday and I came across that set at my Lego store  8-° . I was quite amazed since it was suppose to be released only in March !! I immediately thought to myself “Review On !!” so I bought it in order to make a little review for you city fans  ;-) !! So enjoy.

As a general statement, I have to say that’s its really a great set at an affordable price (29 euros in my Lego shop)!! It comprises that great looking hull, 1 Zodiac, 1 Engine, 3 Mfs and several neat features !! So without further ado, here are the general pics !!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are general view pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just a quick comment on the MFs: like the Hovercrap set, only 1 fireman has the “silver” helmet, and I think its weird that the 2 others do not have life vests !! They are on a ship d’oh !! Oh well, it just might suggest that this ship is far safer than the Hovercrap !!

Posted Image

Now lets focus on the neat features of this ship. I will start with the front of the hull: the front water gun is a new design that uses perfectly the Exo Force Droid Arm. Next to it are two wheeled domes. Just behind is the ladder to go down to the opening trap. On it there is a life thingie and it opens to reveal what seems to be a tiny engine !! Unfortunatly, TLC designers kept those ugly side water guns (no need to further comments on those).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now lets focus on the top and interior of that mighty ship. The interior is rather plain: it only has a computer and cup (G, those Lego MFs are really addicted to coffee). The top is even simpler: there is no seat nor ladder to go to pilot that ship (no controls either loool). I really love that back fin: it has loads of goodies such as the blue lights, horns and back radar and dopler (or whatever it is).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My favourite part of that ship is by far the rear !! It comprises a yellow Zodiac (I really love those boats !!) with the Technic mechanism to put it on the water !! Here are the steps of the “procedure” and a closer view of that Zodiac.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally here are pics of that ship…in my bathtub hehe !! Now I have a new toy for my next bath  :-D  :-P  !!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you enjoyed that review and that you will run and buy that neat set !!

Firefight On !!

*yoda*

#2 Darthking623

Darthking623

Member: 1015

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:07 PM

THANKYOU SO MUCH I WILL BE GETTING THIS IN ARGOS VERY SOON *y*

#3 simonwillems

simonwillems

• Technic Campaigner

Member: 1116

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:21 PM

Thanks very much for this review, a chance to see some more picturers then justbthe one in the catalog.

The ship disappoints me though: practically no interior, no seat at the "bridge" and WHY are there technicbeams used inside the ship? There is one thing I do like about this boat: the way the binoculars stick out of the strobelights.

Last years policeboat had a lot more detail and interior, I like that boat over this one. The lifeboat system is a nice idea but I think it's way to big to look realistic.

But the review is nice....

#4 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:55 PM

View Postsimonwillems, on Feb 10 2007, 04:21 PM, said:

The ship disappoints me though: practically no interior, no seat at the "bridge" and WHY are there technicbeams used inside the ship?
Yeay, I am always disappointed by the lack of details on those sets but I think of kids: TLC need to keep the prices as low as possible  ;-)  And also, there is nothing we can't MOC hehe !!
Those big Technic beams are just useless  :-|  I think its the cheapest way to get a long brick like that (at least that would be the only plausible explenation).

*yoda*

#5 Hobbes

Hobbes

• Retired

Member: 359

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:05 PM

Thanks for the review yoda! *sweet*

I already have the police boat and will get this one to accompany it. The lack of interior is disappointing but can easily be remedied. Maybe I'll put my Fire Command Craft "on" it...

Overall I like it *y*

#6 Holodoc

Holodoc

• Has finally seen the box

Member: 1094

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

View Postxwingyoda, on Feb 10 2007, 03:53 PM, said:

Just a quick comment on the MFs: like the Hovercrap set, only 1 fireman has the “silver” helmet, and I think its weird that the 2 others do not have life vests !! They are on a ship d’oh !! Oh well, it just might suggest that this ship is far safer than the Hovercrap !!
Posted Image
Looking at the faces impression I´d guess the fireman to the left just realized, that he´s got no life vest!
And the one to the right is planning to steal the exclusive vest from his captain  ;-)

I agree with the technic bricks.
Although I have a lot of them, they don´t belong to a system set. But the mechanism is really cool, mmh... maybe I think that over again... X-D

After all I like my Posted Image better, but for the ones who don´t have any ships yet it could be worth the buy.
(If they don´t buy the 7899 Posted Image)  :-P

Thanks for the review, Yoda!

Posted Image
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image

#7 Darthking623

Darthking623

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

Be careful with mocing on lego boats because if you put to much wait on one side it could cappsise(that may have been the reason there isnt much interior on this ship (but i doubt it)). *y*

#8 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:27 PM

That´s very nice, and the zodiac with its release is pretty and adds some cool playability. Splashy! *y*

Freedom is like taking a bath: You got to keep doing it every day.
Florynce Rae Kennedy, 02. 11. 1916 - 12. 22. 2000
And now, thanks to LEGO, it´s pure fun too....  :-P

#9 Darthking623

Darthking623

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

Picking the gorgeous fireboat up tommorow from argos yay!!!!!!!!!!!! *y*

#10 alex54

alex54

• CC reducer, city expander

Member: 560

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

View Postxwingyoda, on Feb 10 2007, 03:53 PM, said:

I know why... It's because this boat floats, and not the hovercraft. Some firemen complain TLC for having life vests, but because of the cut of the price, TLC just gives life vests for minifigs from not foalting boat...
Like other, the lake of details is *n* , but the price is *y* . I will buy it.
Thanks for the review Yoda!

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Darthking623

Darthking623

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

This is more to do with the trade section but its to do WITH THIS SHIP well if you live near a big boots the fire ship is availeble there as i found out today !!!!!!!!!!! *y*

#12 Darthking623

Darthking623

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

Ive finished mocing this ship now its great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *y*

#13 oo7

oo7

• Master Carpenter

Member: 788

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

Mr. Darthking, you've posted five single sentence posts in this single page thread. Are you aware of that little ‘edit’ button newt to the quote and reply buttons?

As for the review, this ship looks pretty good, definitely superior to the hovercraft.  The raft deploying thing is kind of cool but probably unrealistic. It seems to me that there is a little too much red, and yes, the interior detail is lacking, but that’s only what we can rightfully expect from a Lego set nowadays.

I prefer the look of the police boat, and it has more details in the interior although most of which are pretty silly. There is no door to the computer room because he jail cell uses the door. Anyways, thanks for the great review, but I think I like the older fire boats better (which isn’t exactly the case for the police boat).
Posted Image

#14 Darthking623

Darthking623

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

Well I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! *y*

In my mods of this ship i have:
Made a wall that makes a little compartment in the front of the vessel.
Extended deck 2 by two studs.
Put an extra table with two bits of equiptment in.
And finally I have put an actual doorway in.
I'll try and get pics once ive worked out how to use my webcam!!!!!!!!!! *y*

#15 casewindu

casewindu

• Extreme Tie General

Member: 1257

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

why is this boat not on lego shop at home and if anybody wants it its in woolworths for about 17 quid dont know if thats cheaper it says half price but thats what it said about that transporter lorry and they tryed to kid it was £30 pounds to start of with.

#16 Cutlass Cole

Cutlass Cole

Member: 1391

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:44 AM

What do you people have against the Fire Hovercraft?! I own this set,and it is done well.The only things are that the Captain should have a life jacket, and more of an enteriour. If this set requires tweaking to bring out perfection, you shouldn't bash the FH!

Great review by the way on this eluesive set.( And yes, a pirate can have a town too ).

Police Hovercraft on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 5150 Lego

5150 Lego

• Has a ball of string and isn't afraid to use it

Member: 586

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:51 AM

When did we first see pics of this boat? This is the first i'm hearing about it. I must be blind!  :-P

Never the less, i love it!
Calm down... HAVE SOME DIP!

If at first you don't succeed,........ Then skydiving is not for you!

Check it out! www.emergencybricks.com

#18 UniqueBuilder

UniqueBuilder

• Mr. Dark Ages

Member: 1075

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:46 PM

Overall, I like this ship, but I do prefer last the years' one.  *wub*
I don't like the lack of interior and (again) the Hovercrap-style side mounted water guns. :-|

I don't think I'll be getting it, though.

View PostDarthking623, on Feb 10 2007, 05:07 PM, said:

THANKYOU SO MUCH I WILL BE GETTING THIS IN ARGOS VERY SOON *y*

Darthking623, don't write with capital letters, AS IT'S CONSIDERED AS SHOUTING AND SPAM!! *wacko*

And don't double post, either! After your numerous double posts, capital letters, overflow of smilies, spamming, and other crap, I do NOT think you're far away from a ban! >:-(

You don't have a birthday written in your profile, but it's easy to see you're max. 10 years old. :-|
There is a reason, a Good reason, Eurobricks don't want people under 18 on their forums!

Now, stop filling this forum with spam and useless crap, please. :-)

"I respect 50 Cent. He's the only person known to make 'me', 'me' and 'see' rhyme with the letter P."
-erikutt

The Dark Ages got me... Smell ya later!

#19 5150 Lego

5150 Lego

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:40 PM

View PostUniqueBuilder, on Mar 26 2007, 04:46 PM, said:

I don't think I'll be getting it, though.
Darthking623, don't write with capital letters, AS IT'S CONSIDERED AS SHOUTING AND SPAM!! *wacko*

And don't double post, either! After your numerous double posts, capital letters, overflow of smilies, spamming, and other crap, I do NOT think you're far away from a ban! >:-(

You don't have a birthday written in your profile, but it's easy to see you're max. 10 years old. :-|
There is a reason, a Good reason, Eurobricks don't want people under 18 on their forums!

Now, stop filling this forum with spam and useless crap, please. :-)

Chill out dude.  If you have a problem with somone or there posts, then send a Pm to the mods.
As far as the under 18 crowd you really need to be carfull about your coments. Thats rude, and completly uncalled for on your part.  There are plenty of peeps on here that are under 18, and have no problems. I have never heard of people not here not wanting memebers under 18 as long as they are respectfull to others.

#20 UniqueBuilder

UniqueBuilder

• Mr. Dark Ages

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:50 PM

View Post5150 Lego, on Mar 26 2007, 07:40 PM, said:

There are plenty of peeps on here that are under 18, and have no problems. I have never heard of people not here not wanting memebers under 18 as long as they are respectfull to others.

If I don't remember totally wrong, you should be over 18 to join Eurobricks, but, as you said, there's many out there under 18 (like me), but we don't act like 10-year olds and spam. ( at least, most of us don't.. |-/ )

"I respect 50 Cent. He's the only person known to make 'me', 'me' and 'see' rhyme with the letter P."
-erikutt

#21 Darthking623

Darthking623

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:00 PM

View PostUniqueBuilder, on Mar 26 2007, 06:50 PM, said:

If I don't remember totally wrong, you should be over 18 to join Eurobricks, but, as you said, there's many out there under 18 (like me), but we don't act like 10-year olds and spam. ( at least, most of us don't.. |-/ )

I'm deeply sorry if I caused you any upset but you don't have any birthday details aswell so you can't really critisize me  *y*

#22 Lord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn

Lord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn

Member: 806

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:56 PM

So you're both 10 years old, max :P

Anyway, im not really into Town, but the ship looks pretty good! Nice review.

#23 UniqueBuilder

UniqueBuilder

• Mr. Dark Ages

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

View PostDarthking623, on Mar 26 2007, 08:00 PM, said:

I'm deeply sorry if I caused you any upset but you don't have any birthday details aswell so you can't really critisize me  *y*

Darnit, I thought I had. 8-| Now I have. :-)

-erikutt

#24 5150 Lego

5150 Lego

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:32 AM

View PostUniqueBuilder, on Mar 26 2007, 05:50 PM, said:

So your not even 18 yourself Preety contradicting coment. :-|

#25 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:18 PM

OK guys, please stop asap !! I really don't want to see some flaming in threads and YES let the admins handle that kind of stuff !!
So tks everybody for cooling off, after all its a firemen ship review  :-P

Cool Down On !!

*yoda*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users