gallery_8966_235_3881.png

BR 78-281

4-6-4 Steam Locomotive

Hello Everyone,

this Easter I present my last creation …a new medium size BR steam locomotive: the BR 78-281 :classic:

br78-281-001.jpg

br78-281-002.jpg

Tricked by the apparent simplicity of the project I had to work hard to create a LEGO model similar to the real one, in particular the construction of the front window and the roof of the locomotive made me slow down a little bit :sceptic:

br78-281-003.jpg

br78-281-004.jpg

br78-281-007.jpg

This time I have used a SNOT technique to recreate the rounded profile of the back of the locomotive, and the main windows of the cab

br78-281-005.jpg

br78-281-006.jpg

The locomotive is driven by one medium motor hidden in the boiler …to maximize the pulling power I have coupled the new BR with my fake caboose (a locomotive with two RC motors) obtaining also an interesting slipping effect! :sweet:

The BR 78 has lights with the usual switch hidden in the coal section :wink:

br78-281-018.jpg

br78-281-024.jpg

br78-281-025.jpg

br78-281-026.jpg

br78-281-027.jpg

br78-281-028.jpg

Enjoy the video and the photo gallery! :laugh:

br78-281-008.jpg

br78-281-009.jpg

br78-281-010.jpg

br78-281-011.jpg

br78-281-012.jpg

br78-281-013.jpg

br78-281-014.jpg

br78-281-015.jpg

br78-281-016.jpg

br78-281-017.jpg

br78-281-019.jpg

br78-281-020.jpg

br78-281-021.jpg

br78-281-022.jpg

br78-281-023.jpg

br78-281-029.jpg

br78-281-030.jpg

br78-281-031.jpg

br78-281-032.jpg

br78-281-033.jpg

br78-281-034.jpg

That's all! :wink:

I thought you said you stopped building BR engines :tongue:

It is very vool. :thumbup:

I would like to see a comparison with all your MOC's and a few sets for scale

Edited by UrbanErwin

My word that's a fine looking locomotive. I love big tank engines :wub:

Thanks Locomotive Annie! :sweet:

I thought you said you stopped building BR engines :tongue:

It is very vool. :thumbup:

I would like to see a comparison with all your MOC's and a few sets for scale

You're right ...but I'm to addicted, it's not my fault! :grin:

Damn! You beat me to it! The BR78 has been on my todo list for ages... You've done a great job on it. I've got my work cut out now...

Damn! You beat me to it! The BR78 has been on my todo list for ages... You've done a great job on it. I've got my work cut out now...

Lol :laugh:

Thanks for the compliments Duq and Frank STENGEL!

Duq you have many BR to build ...and if you want to build your BR78 you're very welcome! :thumbup:

On the first picture, I thought how will the front bogie move in curves with this piston design. Then I saw it. It is amazing how aligned this detail is. Edit: I'm lying. The whole train is stunning. :classic:

Edited by Brick Pirate

That is a nice train and looks great with your other engines there. Those large tank engines with all the functions built into them and not having to reply on another powered car or wagons for the battery box are the best in my mind.

As usual LT12V you have made an amazing locomotive. This model has impressed again! What are you plans for Trains now? and as usual I always have to ask when can you make us some instructions :grin: .

Happy Building,

Rail Co

Impressive, very impressive! Please don't stop being addicted to building these great locomotives :)

Again a lovely creation! :-O Luckily you were joking when you had said that you stopped building BR locomotives!

Great work dear steamy addict.

You really deserve an honorary degree as Lego BR locomotives expert

Edited by helos

Another excellent build with fantastic detailing. What really stands out to me is the sheer quantity of details that you managed to pack in.

Wow! Thanks to you all for the warm welcome! :laugh:

I will try to give some answer or say something in reply to your positive feedback...

On the first picture, I thought how will the front bogie move in curves with this piston design. Then I saw it. It is amazing how aligned this detail is. Edit: I'm lying. The whole train is stunning. :classic:

The front bogie with the ladders was a real problem for me, only after some days (before to give up! :tongue: ) I've found the solution to spin the entire front part.

That is a nice train and looks great with your other engines there. Those large tank engines with all the functions built into them and not having to reply on another powered car or wagons for the battery box are the best in my mind.

The all-in-one is the best solution for a locomotive :classic:

Friggintastic! But my favorite is the BR-94.

I'm glad to hear that ...I also like the BR94 for the piston movement; the BR94 was a pioneering test before the BR22

wow love them!

lol :laugh:

As usual LT12V you have made an amazing locomotive. This model has impressed again! What are you plans for Trains now? and as usual I always have to ask when can you make us some instructions :grin: .

Happy Building,

Rail Co

Thanks for your kind words ...my next project will be another BR ...I'm addicted, don't you remember? :grin:

Impressive, very impressive! Please don't stop being addicted to building these great locomotives :)

I will do my best! :wink:

Again a lovely creation! :-O Luckily you were joking when you had said that you stopped building BR locomotives!

Great work dear steamy addict.

You really deserve an honorary degree as Lego BR locomotives expert

An honorary degree would be fantastic! :excited:

Congrats LT12V, fantastic train :wub: glad you found room to expand the collection!

I can't keep without building BR ...this is a real problem! :purrr:

Another excellent build with fantastic detailing. What really stands out to me is the sheer quantity of details that you managed to pack in.

You're too indulgent ...your works are better than mine! :thumbup:

Beautiful MOC LT12V! Masterfully recreated, as with all of your locomotives :classic:

Thanks LEGO Guy Bri, these comments encourage me to keep on! :sweet:

Beautiful model from the loc-expert himself!

Last but not least thnaks to you harnback and your kind words! :thumbup: