Aperture Academy Mafia School: Day 2 - Clap, Clap, Clap

apertureacademy_day02.png

apertureacademy1.png

8546706469_7590277526_c.jpg

8550770984_324a87b840_c.jpg

8550746396_80d756346e_c.jpg

8550746310_0aec36b759_c.jpg

apertureacademyr.png

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Academy (town) or Black Mesa (scum). To win the game, the Academy must vote or kill off all Black Mesa, while Black Mesa needs to outnumber the Academy. Each character was given a sort of “bare-bones” character description as well. Feel free to expand on your character, to roleplay and truly become them.
  2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During the day you will be able to vote to expel (lynch) a player. Voting must be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to expel (lynch) a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.
  3. You must vote in every day thread.
  4. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime. You may not post about the game openly on Eurobricks during that time (but may continue to use private messages).
  5. The alignment of expelled (lynched) players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  7. You may not quote/post anything sent to you by another player via PM. If you wish to use information gained in this way, you must do so in your own words only.
  8. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  9. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players (living or dead). Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  10. Don't edit your posts.
  11. You must post in every day thread.
  12. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense.
  13. If at any time another player asks you to violate these rules (for example, asking you to give them your role PM), report this to the hosts immediately along with PM proof of the violation.

apertureacademyps.png

The Faculty

8473857783_df5e327b72_t.jpg

Ms. Margarette Dragonsworth, Dean of Girls (Darkdragon)

8474946132_8dd094573f_t.jpg

Mr. Ian Shadeaux, Dean of Boys (Shadows)

The Students

8473767855_fe6b740ec0_t.jpg

Simone Adamley, The Cheerleader (Captain Nemo)

8474855126_3e7f180620_t.jpg

Craig Anheiser, The Stoner (Kristel)

8474855264_2b7f8ab94e_t.jpg

Wendy Beamish, The Band (Wedge09)

8474854984_a7cae566f7_t.jpg

John Bender, The Stoner (Antonio)

8474946056_17f1fa4a26_t.jpg

Jeanie Bueller, The Stoner (badboytje88)

8473767895_8c74f0625b_t.jpg

Bobby Busch, The Band (Hamerstein NWC)

8474855050_e7022599e9_t.jpg

Andrew Clark, The Jock (clanure)

8474855310_387fa43dd9_t.jpg

Lucy Emerson, The Band (esurient)

8474855462_35088d8b4b_t.jpg

Cameron Frye, The Prep (Tamamono)

8474855214_08d48df091_t.jpg

Burton Guster, The Jock (Jedi master Brick)

8474855024_e9ab7f234d_t.jpg

Mary Jane, The Jock (mostlytechnic)

8473768081_e5033d87a7_t.jpg

Brian Johnson, The Geek (purpearljellyblob)

8474855348_3870f06761_t.jpg

Chuckie Miller, The Goth (-obelix-)

8473767681_30e31a7729_t.jpg

Davey Osborne, The Goth (Mencot)

8473767731_d92ecbf2e1_t.jpg

Adriano Parbritzzi, The Exchange Student (PsyKater)

8473768023_f160833323_t.jpg

Allison Reynolds, The Goth (jamesn)

8473768113_fff2c3a8ea_t.jpg

Ricky Sanders, The Mascot (Brickington)

8474855370_b4c89078b0_t.jpg

Shawna Spencer, The Geek (Fred Daniel Yam)

8474855232_03852cb8a0_t.jpg

Claire Standish, The Prep (LegoDad)

apertureacademyxs.png

8474855508_99b5ae1e8a_t.jpg

Newton Crosby, The Geek (debricker) - Loyal Student

8474855178_453de4efb2_t.jpg

Bud Fox, The Prep (Tohst) - Loyal Student [Reassigned to Testing]

8473767969_de676cc31d_t.jpg

Sloane Peterson, The Cheerleader (Bob) - Loyal Student

Yeah, I was pretty sure Bud was going to flip town after his last few posts. Meh, I guess someone has to be first.

Interesting method of removing people from the school, though. :look: Luckily, it looks like no one will be shedding any blood here. :thumbup:

As for Sloane and Newton, I'm not necessarily unhappy that we lost them; while Loyal, I didn't have townreads on either of them. However, I think it's likely that Sloane was our "vigilante" of sorts (did anyone else notice that she was stuffing a large wrench into Newton's bag while a dark figure stuffed a gun into hers?), so that's definitely a loss if I'm right there. Meh. Let's see what we can do today with what we have.

Oh well,didn't expect that one (with Newton and Sloane).Too bad they were Loyal .I wonder why some are acting bad if they are town ,like Bud did..

I agree with Cameron; it does look as though Sloane was our vigilante. I suppose Newton's expulsion was to have been expected; he was suspiciously inactive yesterday.

I'll come back when class livens up, but I'm off for the moment to do some homework, listen to MCR and think hard about what was said yesterday.

Well, this could have been better. Much better. I am glad though, that Bud and Newton are gone, I bet we would have wasted a lot of time on them.

What we get from the reports of the morning looks weird, indeed. Why has Sloane put her wrench in Newton's bag? And why has someone else put a gun in Sloane's bag? Does that mean that both "roles" are gun now (I think both tools mean that they belong to lethal roles). I mean, has the dark person still the ability to use a gun? Or was it even another role, something to make someone LOOK like a killer (by stuffing things in his bags).

Talking about bad information sources, I heard once that these report of night and/or morning can be a misleading source as well. But I think we have to talk about that.

A good information source is the voting pattern and what we got from the reactions yesterday. A short sum up to start with:

apertureacademyv2.png

Craig Anheiser (Kristel) - 2 votes (Brickington, Tohst)

Wendy Beamish (Wedge09) - 3 votes (esurient, mostlytechnic, mencot)

Newton Crosby (debricker) - 1 vote (purpearljellyblob)

Bud Fox (Tohst) - 15 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, PsyKater, LegoDad, Fred Daniel Yam, Kristel, Tamamono, Antonio, -obelix-, Captain Nemo, Bob, jamesn, Clanure)

Davey Osborne (Mencot) - 3 votes (Debricker, Jedi master Brick, badboytje88)

Ricky Sanders (Brickington) - 6 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, Wedge09)

Of course we could learn more from that after a couple of days, esp. when some scum is catched. But we can work with this form the next days.

Wow, I do not know what to make out of these pictures and I do not know if I should make anything out of them. It is shown that Sloane is framing Newton while at the same time she is being framed herself. A framer isn't something you would expect in a school like this... Let alone two of them... Maybe Sloane and the dark figure both had a kill expell action. So that would make Sloane the town vigilante. The dark figure would have to be the scum killer expeller. That would really really suck!

Ah, now that's the clue. Not killing but expelling. Now it makes sense. They kill expell by putting guns in others backs. And yes, that would mean, that we lost our vig on Night 1 and are still faced with the scum expeller.

Not a good start to the day.

However, I think it's likely that Sloane was our "vigilante" of sorts (did anyone else notice that she was stuffing a large wrench into Newton's bag while a dark figure stuffed a gun into hers?), so that's definitely a loss if I'm right there.

Wow, I do not know what to make out of these pictures and I do not know if I should make anything out of them. It is shown that Sloane is framing Newton while at the same time she is being framed herself. A framer isn't something you would expect in a school like this... Let alone two of them... Maybe Sloane and the dark figure both had a kill expell action. So that would make Sloane the town vigilante. The dark figure would have to be the scum killer expeller. That would really really suck!

I agree with Cameron; it does look as though Sloane was our vigilante. I suppose Newton's expulsion was to have been expected; he was suspiciously inactive yesterday.

The pictures do suggest that Sloane targeted Newton (suggesting she was our vigilante) and that the Black Mesa targeted Sloane. I don't think it suggests framer roles, more likely a roundabout way of showing what happened overnight.

I can't help but think that Netwon was either expelled by the teachers or asked to be expelled. His posts yesterday about needing time to think, the statement that "if I graduate" and this his computer virus suggested he knew what was coming. He also voted incorrect twice yesterday. All of this suggests he has other real life things to think about. While odd, I don't think his actions yesterday warranted him being a target of our vigilante.

This would mean either the vigilante or Black Mesa were blocked last night, but what are the chances of that happening? Also, what are the chances that the Black Mesa got our vig on night 1? She was being helpful yesterday, giving tips like she had been around the block once or twice before. Maybe they targeted her because of this? But if she had been around the block once or twice before and she was the vig, you'd think she'd draw less attention to herself.

I wonder why some are acting bad if they are town ,like Bud did..

I don't get that either. He'd probably still be here if he had been helpful from the start. Anyway, that was yesterday and we can't change what happened.

Time to refocus on finding the Black Mesa. Do we know how many there are? I have a figure of 5 or 6 in my head, but I can't find any reference to a number in my notes from yesterday or the enrolment papers.

Time to refocus on finding the Black Mesa. Do we know how many there are? I have a figure of 5 or 6 in my head, but I can't find any reference to a number in my notes from yesterday or the enrolment papers.

Well I personally thought somewhere along the line of 4 members. But it might be 3 or 5. But I'd bet my money on the number 4.

What just happended last night, like others I have a hard time following what is happening.

But one thing is sure, we have to do a better job today finding the spies because if not they will have us by their grip

I am gonna observe all action closely today

The pictures do suggest that Sloane targeted Newton (suggesting she was our vigilante) and that the Black Mesa targeted Sloane. I don't think it suggests framer roles, more likely a roundabout way of showing what happened overnight.

Agreed.

I can't help but think that Netwon was either expelled by the teachers or asked to be expelled. His posts yesterday about needing time to think, the statement that "if I graduate" and this his computer virus suggested he knew what was coming. He also voted incorrect twice yesterday. All of this suggests he has other real life things to think about. While odd, I don't think his actions yesterday warranted him being a target of our vigilante.

Now, this is.... new. I wanted to ask "What makes you think that?" but you answered it already. Yes, his posts were odd yesterday. And yes we should not look too much for clues in pictures. But I think this would be a very odd presentation of a mod-kill. Very misleading.

This would mean either the vigilante or Black Mesa were blocked last night, but what are the chances of that happening? Also, what are the chances that the Black Mesa got our vig on night 1? She was being helpful yesterday, giving tips like she had been around the block once or twice before. Maybe they targeted her because of this? But if she had been around the block once or twice before and she was the vig, you'd think she'd draw less attention to herself.
I agree that Sloane was rather a town-read to me yesterday. And yes, she was kind of helpful. I could start metagaming now completely, talking about her being more quiet usually or that she could be meta-killed to let it look like the vig killed her because she always gets killed by the vig because she is quiet, but I won't do that. :tongue: It is too far-fetched in my opinion as well.

Yes it is rather unlikely that Black Mesa caught our vig on the first night, but sometimes things just go bad. In my opinion the theory mentioned by Jeanie before is more likely.

Well I personally thought somewhere along the line of 4 members. But it might be 3 or 5. But I'd bet my money on the number 4.

How is this supposed to help us?

What just happended last night, like others I have a hard time following what is happening.

But one thing is sure, we have to do a better job today finding the spies because if not they will have us by their grip

I am gonna observe all action closely today

Others than yesterday?

Now, this is.... new. I wanted to ask "What makes you think that?" but you answered it already. Yes, his posts were odd yesterday. And yes we should not look too much for clues in pictures. But I think this would be a very odd presentation of a mod-kill. Very misleading.

He was not Mod killed, we voted him off. He got the most votes and that's why he had to lieve this game. How our host chooses to dispose of lynched players is up to him.

How is this supposed to help us?

How is it not helpfull. You need to know what you are up against. Craig suggested there were 5 to 6 members of scum. Too me that number sounded too high.

He was not Mod killed, we voted him off. He got the most votes and that's why he had to lieve this game. How our host chooses to dispose of lynched players is up to him.

We were talking about the guy with the purple hat. Newton. He was not voted off.

How is it not helpfull. You need to know what you are up against. Craig suggested there were 5 to 6 members of scum. Too me that number sounded too high.

Ehh, what for do we need to know? It's rather unhelpful to guess, as we can't know. Of course it should be something between 4 and 6, but we do not know. And scum could have interest in confusing us with these numbers. Letting us think that there are only 4 of them so that we think at some time there is only one left when there are in fact two or even three. Or the other way, that we think, there are still two or three in the game class left so that we vote with higher risk instead of catching the last remaining scum. So, no. It is not helpful for town at all. And it is in fact a very typical thing for scum to bring this up on early days. To prevent discussions about more important topics. :oh:

By the way,do you guys think that they give us a hint in the second comic,3rd panel?About the ones devoting alot of time into this?

Also,nights are scary,if there are such tricky scums (like how do they knew about Sloane having these super powers?Or are they going from number 1 etc.).

Ehh, what for do we need to know? It's rather unhelpful to guess, as we can't know. Of course it should be something between 4 and 6, but we do not know. And scum could have interest in confusing us with these numbers. Letting us think that there are only 4 of them so that we think at some time there is only one left when there are in fact two or even three. Or the other way, that we think, there are still two or three in the game class left so that we vote with higher risk instead of catching the last remaining scum. So, no. It is not helpful for town at all. And it is in fact a very typical thing for scum to bring this up on early days. To prevent discussions about more important topics. :oh:

Well guessing is all we can do right now and I do have to disagree, I think it is a good idea to talk about the number of scum we are up against as it gives you a picture of what we are dealing with in this situation. But lets just agree to disagree on this subject cause it is not helpfull at all.

I misread the comment on Newton. You were right about that. However I do not think he is Mod killed. I think he was targetted by Sloane like shown in the pictures. A Mod would not Mod kill a player in the same way as another player is targetted by the scum killer. That would just confuse the hell out of the other players.

By the way,do you guys think that they give us a hint in the second comic,3rd panel?About the ones devoting alot of time into this? Also,nights are scary,if there are such tricky scums (like how do they knew about Sloane having these super powers?Or are they going from number 1 etc.).

I misread the comment on Newton. You were right about that. However I do not think he is Mod killed. I think he was targetted by Sloane like shown in the pictures. A Mod would not Mod kill a player in the same way as another player is targetted by the scum killer. That would just confuse the hell out of the other players.

Exactly my thinking.

Damn, that sucked guys and girls, we need to do better. So what are the new methods of finding these scum heads?

By the way,do you guys think that they give us a hint in the second comic,3rd panel?About the ones devoting alot of time into this?

Also,nights are scary,if there are such tricky scums (like how do they knew about Sloane having these super powers?Or are they going from number 1 etc.).

I don't know why something like this would be said as I don't personally believe it. I was obviously one that talked a lot trying to get behaviors out there and see if any tells could be found. Had you told me yesterday that Bud, Sloane, and Newton would have been expelled, I would have told you we got at least 2 scum, they were all on my radar. I will be sending it back for a refund:) I am definitely going back and seeing what can be derived from the voting and talk yesterday. Bud being Town doesn't 100% surprise me, but he was so unhelpful that it didn't matter. I really thought we were onto something with the number thing. Not so much the numbers themselves, but the way people acted about them.

If the town has, in fact, lost its Vig the first night, it could be a long road for us. Time to hunker down.

Ah, now that's the clue. Not killing but expelling. Now it makes sense. They kill expell by putting guns in others backs. And yes, that would mean, that we lost our vig on Night 1 and are still faced with the scum expeller.

I'll come back when class livens up, but I'm off for the moment to do some homework, listen to MCR and think hard about what was said yesterday.

Yeah, I was pretty sure Bud was going to flip town after his last few posts. Meh, I guess someone has to be first.

Interesting method of removing people from the school, though. :look: Luckily, it looks like no one will be shedding any blood here. :thumbup:

As for Sloane and Newton, I'm not necessarily unhappy that we lost them; while Loyal, I didn't have townreads on either of them. However, I think it's likely that Sloane was our "vigilante" of sorts (did anyone else notice that she was stuffing a large wrench into Newton's bag while a dark figure stuffed a gun into hers?), so that's definitely a loss if I'm right there. Meh. Let's see what we can do today with what we have.

I don't know why something like this would be said as I don't personally believe it. I was obviously one that talked a lot trying to get behaviors out there and see if any tells could be found. Had you told me yesterday that Bud, Sloane, and Newton would have been expelled, I would have told you we got at least 2 scum, they were all on my radar. I will be sending it back for a refund:) I am definitely going back and seeing what can be derived from the voting and talk yesterday. Bud being Town doesn't 100% surprise me, but he was so unhelpful that it didn't matter. I really thought we were onto something with the number thing. Not so much the numbers themselves, but the way people acted about them.

If the town has, in fact, lost its Vig the first night, it could be a long road for us. Time to hunker down.

I guess we will find out after today (Day 2) if Sloane is indeed our vigilante (meanwhile we just assume the worst). As for Bud, he knew his time was near towards the end of Day 1. I guess I will be revisiting Bud's last words to see if I can find anything useful.

Actually, I think the comic was referring to Bud. Bud had spent a lot of time analyzing our given roles (stoner, geek, etc.) and voting people because of it. Hell, he even said to me in private "What's the point of roles if we can't use them to start suspicions". :laugh:

Good reaction, though, Claire. :thumbup:

One night and already three losses for the Town, we start very bad.

I think Jeanie's discussion about the number of Black Mesa's affiliates is useless, therefore I agree with Antonio because in my opinion it distracts from the search for the real scum.

If being Bud Town doesn't surprise you, why you don't say anything?? Even if he doesn't cooperate, I think it's important if he is in or out our class.

I agree with Cameron, I think Bud was just being too enthusiastic about his first day in school.

I can understand why Newton and Bud was targeted.

But I cannot understand why Sloane was targeted.

Also, can anyone confirm that the dark minifigure in the comic is a confirmed Black Mesa scum?

Also, can anyone confirm that the dark minifigure in the comic is a confirmed Black Mesa scum?

Dragonsworth implies here that there isn't a serial killer amongst us, so it's essentially certain that the black figure was a Black Mesa. I just hope we can track them down starting today!

And there's no point speculating about how many Black Mesa there are; we just need to take it bit by bit, investigating at night and putting our theories together during the day. When there are no more scum we will have won!

But, because in the post I pointed to, Dragonsworth says there may be 3 times as many townies as scum, which suggests there are 5 or 6 Black Mesa have infiltrated us. But bah! let's find scum instead of guessing how many there are.

Three Townies in one night!? Seems like we are on a wrong trail

Had you told me yesterday that Bud, Sloane, and Newton would have been expelled, I would have told you we got at least 2 scum, they were all on my radar.

My thoughts exactly, way to chatty to be a Townie, but seems like I was wrong...

Also, as several people pointed out, what does the number of Black Mesa matter, we need to find every one of them.