Jump to content


HMS Sirius, BS find


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic  – Started by El Bucanero , Feb 02 2007 06:03 PM

#26 Captain K.

Captain K.

    Posts: 130
    Joined: 02-February 07
    Member: 1331
    Country: Germany

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:59 PM

Hello,
I have revised my ship the HMS Sirius once again. I have built the stern
newly. I have changed some details also in front. That one of a frigate
is the form of the ship now. I am not sure whether there were such heavy
frigates. But I like the ship now better.

Posted Image

The Brickshelf folder

Greetings
Capt. K.


View PostCaptain K., on Feb 4 2007, 08:57 PM, said:

Hello,
I have revised my ship the HMS Sirius once again. I have built the stern
newly. I have changed some details also in front. That one of a frigate
is the form of the ship now. I am not sure whether there were such heavy
frigates. But I like the ship now better.


http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=231030

Greetings
Capt. K.

Edited by Mr Tiber, 04 February 2007 - 08:37 PM.

Visit this Brickshelf folder:
http://www.brickshel...ery.cgi?m=DundS

Website:
http://lego.startrekfilmer.de/


  Posted Image

#27 ZCerberus

ZCerberus
  • Little Boney


    Posts: 4878
    Joined: 23-October 06
    Member: 1043
    Country: USA

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:13 PM

View PostCaptain K., on Feb 4 2007, 01:59 PM, said:

I have revised my ship the HMS Sirius once again. I have built the stern
newly. I have changed some details also in front. That one of a frigate
is the form of the ship now. I am not sure whether there were such heavy
frigates. But I like the ship now better.
Capt. K.

I like the front, and how you have now integrated the red better!  The ship is certainly more realistic looking, but not as decorative.  Maybe the yellow on the back should be white... but I know it takes a lot of specialized pieces to do that... still, I think the front is a definate improvement, but the stern seems like it sacrificed alot of detail... a lot of which is from all the black... the one thing I dislike about black is how it hides the details!

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!


Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#28 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:39 PM

The new stern looks brilliant! I like the decorations. My only complaint is, that there's only one cabin... Brilliant nonetheless!

#29 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14451
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

A big improvement!
The bow and especially the stern are much better.
I like that technique with the window that is put under an angle.
It was also done on the HMS Bellerophon.
Also the colors are much more in balance now.
Now it needs some sails...

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#30 Phred

Phred
  • Kinda back


    Posts: 3137
    Joined: 18-October 06
    Member: 1037
    Country: USA

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:19 PM

i hadn't noticed earlier, but i really like the idea of using those yellow flags in the stern for decoration. that's a great idea! *y*

Pirates don't hunt for treasure.  They bury it- I mean we bury it.  - Captain Kirk

Posted Image


#31 Captain K.

Captain K.

    Posts: 130
    Joined: 02-February 07
    Member: 1331
    Country: Germany

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:13 PM

View Postbonaparte, on Feb 4 2007, 10:18 PM, said:

A big improvement!
The bow and especially the stern are much better.
I like that technique with the window that is put under an angle.
It was also done on the HMS Bellerophon.
Also the colors are much more in balance now.
Now it needs some sails...


Thanks!

The sails coming soon.

Captain K.
Visit this Brickshelf folder:
http://www.brickshel...ery.cgi?m=DundS

Website:
http://lego.startrekfilmer.de/


  Posted Image

#32 Capn Kirk 911

Capn Kirk 911

    Posts: 195
    Joined: 12-December 06
    Member: 1121
    Country: USA

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:00 PM

I really like the figure of the man in the front, the one with the golden helm, and I like how the mast for once DON'T HAVE SAILS ON THEM!

and it seems that we have another Capn. K.

#33 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:47 PM

I have some questions Captain K.:

1. How do you put the window on the back on an angle?
2. How have you made the mast platform?

It would be very helpful for me to know because I want to use those techniques on the HMS Unclaimabe...

#34 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:25 PM

I found pictures of the ship with sails!!

here you go:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image



Very impressing, captain K!

#35 simonwillems

simonwillems
  • Technic Campaigner


    Posts: 1351
    Joined: 08-December 06
    Member: 1116
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

WOW everything in this ship has the right measures, I love it!!  *y*  *y*

#36 Captain K.

Captain K.

    Posts: 130
    Joined: 02-February 07
    Member: 1331
    Country: Germany

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:02 PM

View PostMr Tiber, on Feb 8 2007, 09:47 PM, said:

I have some questions Captain K.:

1. How do you put the window on the back on an angle?
2. How have you made the mast platform?

It would be very helpful for me to know because I want to use those techniques on the HMS Unclaimabe...

Hello,

Yes,  the Sirius has sails now.
Mr. Tiber:

I have built the inclines window at the star with hinges partial numbers
3830/3831.

I have seen and built the mast platform at Kurt's frigate.

Posted Image

Captain K.
Visit this Brickshelf folder:
http://www.brickshel...ery.cgi?m=DundS

Website:
http://lego.startrekfilmer.de/


  Posted Image

#37 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

View PostCaptain K., on Feb 11 2007, 07:02 PM, said:

Hello,

Yes,  the Sirius has sails now.
Mr. Tiber:

I have built the inclines window at the star with hinges partial numbers
3830/3831.

Interesting...

View PostCaptain K., on Feb 11 2007, 07:02 PM, said:

I have seen and built the mast platform at Kurt's frigate.

Posted Image

Captain K.

Yes, I've noticed that but can you please give more details? I'm not very good on copying things based solely on a single picutre...

#38 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14451
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:58 PM

Very nice ship! I would also be interested in more detailed pics of the masts and the rigging Captain K.
My only remark on this ship is that you should make the hull wider by using some inverted slopes. Especially for a ship of this length.This was also done on the ship of Kurt that you are mentioned. Here is a clickable thumb to illustrate:

Posted Image

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#39 Captain K.

Captain K.

    Posts: 130
    Joined: 02-February 07
    Member: 1331
    Country: Germany

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:07 PM

View Postbonaparte, on Feb 13 2007, 12:58 AM, said:

Very nice ship! I would also be interested in more detailed pics of the masts and the rigging Captain K.
My only remark on this ship is that you should make the hull wider by using some inverted slopes. Especially for a ship of this length.This was also done on the ship of Kurt that you are mentioned. Here is a clickable thumb to illustrate:

Hello,
I have made a couple of detail pictures of the mast and of the mast
platform. You find the pictures in my Brickshelf folder: I hope that it
helps.

My Bricklink Page


The big masts are built up with the following parts:

above:
Partial number: 2538 Boat mast top,
partial number: 2537 Boat mast Middle,
partial number: 2539 Boat mast Platform,
partial number: 6067 Boat mast base,
partial number: 2537 Boat mast Middle,
partial number: 4844 Boat mast base,
below:

@ bonaparte:
I have already built the trunk more broadly. On every side by two 45
each negative sloping stones. This can be seen bad by the black parts.
But thanks for the tip!

Posted Image

Captain K.
Visit this Brickshelf folder:
http://www.brickshel...ery.cgi?m=DundS

Website:
http://lego.startrekfilmer.de/


  Posted Image

#40 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:25 PM

View PostCaptain K., on Feb 14 2007, 04:07 PM, said:

Hello,
I have made a couple of detail pictures of the mast and of the mast
platform. You find the pictures in my Brickshelf folder: I hope that it
helps.

My Bricklink Page

Captain, that's a Brickshelf folder, not a Bricklink page X-D  Thanks for the pictures, this should help me...

View PostCaptain K., on Feb 14 2007, 04:07 PM, said:

The big masts are built up with the following parts:

above:
Partial number: 2538 Boat mast top,
partial number: 2537 Boat mast Middle,
partial number: 2539 Boat mast Platform,
partial number: 6067 Boat mast base,
partial number: 2537 Boat mast Middle,
partial number: 4844 Boat mast base,
below:

Is this sturdy? When I tried building a mast like that, it immediatly collapsed....

#41 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14451
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:49 PM

Thanks for the pictures.
Your ship is really nearly perfect!
Don't ask me what the "nearly" is, because I can't think of anything for the moment  :-D

View PostMr Tiber, on Feb 14 2007, 09:25 PM, said:

Captain, that's a Brickshelf folder, not a Bricklink page X-D  Thanks for the pictures, this should help me...
Is this sturdy? When I tried building a mast like that, it immediatly collapsed....
I made the masts of L'Orient in (almost) exactly the same way. They are very solid.
But the rigging must really secure the lowest elements (from the deck till the big platform).

From top to bottom I used:

Partial number: 2538 Boat mast top,
partial number: 2539 Boat mast Platform,
partial number: 2537 Boat mast Middle,
partial number: 4844 Boat mast base,
partial number: 2539 Boat mast Platform,
partial number: 2537 Boat mast Middle,
partial number: 4844 Boat mast base,

I guess these are I mast-section higher than on the Sirius.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#42 ZCerberus

ZCerberus
  • Little Boney


    Posts: 4878
    Joined: 23-October 06
    Member: 1043
    Country: USA

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:41 AM

View PostMr Tiber, on Feb 14 2007, 02:25 PM, said:

Is this sturdy? When I tried building a mast like that, it immediatly collapsed....

The upper portion will only hold well when connected with the rigging to the ship.  the lower section and the upper section are not 'connected'.  Look at boney's ship and see the cannon ball pieces he used to connect the two parts.

While I was writing this boney replied, and said basically the same thing, so also see his ship.  He also looked at the mast construction in my Arbiter II thread, so you can see that too.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!


Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links