Lagoon MOC-up: version 1.99

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic  – Started by JeffCopp , Feb 21 2013 10:26 PM

#1 JeffCopp

JeffCopp

Member: 36645

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

So this is my first attempt at an alternative build.

One thing I never experimented with much while I was a kid was building my own versions of sets.  Either I would feel that it wouldn't be as good as the original set, or I just wasn't in the mood to build something other than the set as intended.

But I decided to give it a shot with my daughter and we rebuilt Lagoon Lock-up using only pieces from that set into I think a pretty cool alternate build.

Posted Image

There are many architectural similarities between this and the original - notably the awning (because who can see breaking that up?) and the big arch that is made by the two half arch pieces.  I also put a boat that had came with one of the auctions I purchased (with gray seats I also made from spare parts) onto the set.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The tavern is now basically a nice fortified area with the cannon at the end of the path.  The table for drinks is at the corner, and a spare musket sits on the wall just in case.

Posted Image

I do wish I had more firing cannons :cry_happy:

Posted Image

The jail is now on the top floor to dissuade Redbeard and his minions from freeing any prisoners.

Posted Image

I don't think it's bad for my first real attempt at an alternate build.  It's a new look at a great set.

And yeah I know that as far as what I have seen in this forum, this pales in comparison.  You guys are amazing at what you do :D

Thanks for looking!

#2 Grimmbeard

Grimmbeard
  • Oh me, oh my! Love that Redcoat Pie!

Member: 30768

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

I like it :thumbup: it still has the lagoon lock-up feel, as well as some cool additional techniques. The cannon on the dock looks good.

Props for building with your daughter!
--Grimmbeard
You've fallen for one of the classic Blunders! the most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this, Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!!!

Flickr | YouTube

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

#3 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?

Member: 28288

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Looks great! However, a little advice would be to put a white background for your MOCs when you post them. It looks a lot more professional that way. :wink:

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links