Darkness.

Darkness has crumbled the veneer that holds peace and goodness and let the fires of chaos and destruction burn the once great kingdom known as Historica. The dark mage Victor Revolword has overthrown the high king, not know is his condition. Cedrica has been taken, the infamous 'hand of corruption' have taken it from the inside out, there evil ways turned the hearts of good innocent people black as the void and taken them under their cause. From the safety of the palace, Victor has been using the ancient druids helm to conjure monsters that have been wrecking havoc throughout. the abusinve power he has taken from it has further sickened his mind.

Darkness reigns.

However in all darkness, no matter how black there is always a sliver of light. Sometimes that's all that's needed.

In the mystic locations that shield them from the wrath of Victor; Historica, the true historica, has been regaining its strength. so much so now that it has the power to deliver one more blow. The four guilds are to unite in strength and fight back, each guild taking one quarter of Cedrica, to wipe out Victor.

now is the time...

Gladia: "Well there it is"

Fredric: "Yes, Cedrica"

Gladia: "I hate this place, didn't think it could get worse, I stand mistaken"

Fredric: "You've hated this place since you were a child, I still don't know why?"

Gladia: "Yeah I have my reasons, it was bad enough without the filth on the walls, sludge on the ground, died out fields and that stench as is! I guess Victor hasn't done such a bad job, I mean its been full of orks for ages"

Fredric: "You confuse me sometimes, especially as to why we are going in broad daylight?!?"

Gladia: "Ah you forget my friend, these are orks, they don't see quite as clearly as they do at night and they don't have the brains to suspect anything, puts a bit less stress on our part, less fun, but I guess the Avalonian armies are depending on us two to succeed"

8481026058_cd16175e78_c.jpg (scored build #1)

As the misty morning sunlight set upon the mighty walls, the two assassins paced quietly towards the immense gate, the suns warming rays defeating the piercing chill of night.

Fredric: "Damn, this could be hard to open"

Gladia: "Ah live with it, some lifting cant do you any harm"

Fredric: "I guess..."

Gladia: "Alright then, here goes"

The two life long friends stealthily run towards the gate, narrowing avoiding attention

8480418003_9c4c39dfa4_z.jpg

Gladia: "You ready?"

Fredric: "As I'll ever be"

Gladia: "Then up we go, good luck my friend"

Fredric: "And to yourself, may this not be our last encounter"

8480416405_1eb3c3a735_z.jpg

Fredric: "Huh, this is easy enough, the wall is practically made for climbing!"

Gladia: "Keep it down these plonkers might hear you!"

8481506440_8a084c35a2.jpg

Gladia: "one, two three... now!"

Up the wall and over the battlements they went, swiftly and silently the few orks on duty were slaughtered.

8481505538_da6e1d5d97_z.jpg

8481503840_320a36a9a8_z.jpg

8481504618_0bca120894_z.jpg

Fredric: "Pff, that was pathetic, Victor is trying to keep his position right?"

Gladia: "Probably too full of himself to think its possible to even get this far, mind you we have alot further to go."

Fredric: "Stupid mage. lets get rid of this scum already, the smell is getting to me"

Gladia: "First good idea you've had for a while..."

Fredric: "Sure"

8481502878_3dd4195633_z.jpg

Gladia: "Allrighty then, lets get this damned portcullis up, open the gate and then have breakfast, Im famished!"

Fredric: "I wonder if Victor likes cheese?"

Gladia: "Cheese? now? I'm after a slab of meat, accompanied by a decent beer, I'm sure the city has some, even in its pathetic state, people gotta eat"

Fredric: "Just a thought, I'm keen on meat now too, although right now I'd go for some Mitgardian ale"

Gladia: "Whatever tickles your fancy"

Fredric: "Damn this is heavy!"

8480411449_04b0ff4957_z.jpg

Gladia: "Hardest parts done and over with, lets get that gate open"

Fredric: "Then Breakfast!"

8480409789_850a159f1f_z.jpg

The doors are surprisingly much easier then anticipated to open, the two still grunt and moan under its weight, not as load as the moan the doors make though.

8480408985_209aaf67ca_z.jpg

As the gates are opened hundreds of Avalonian soldiers advance to the gap in the wall.

Gladia: "Let the battle begin"

Fredric: "Amen to that. Now to find a decent tavern..."

The fight had begun. Thousands of Historicans swarmed the almighty city of Cedrica, with civilians coming out of hiding faster than men were falling. the battle is so far leaning against Victor, with the hand spread out across the city, the unexpected attack is better than anticipated. Not everything has gone perfectly though...

(scored build #2 (interior))

8544597024_e331937687_z.jpg

During the uprising Gladia and Fredric did find a tavern, abandoned yes but full of mead, the two life-long friends drank, not knowing that it would be their last together. upon exit Fredric was speared in the gut and died within minutes. Filled with rage Gladia went berserk. Gladia is naturally an excellent killing machine, as all the AAG are, however when hes angry he becomes a monster.

8543499037_3319f00208_z.jpg

8544595696_248c3140e0_z.jpg

8543497471_c3364c6b3d_z.jpg

...After much fighting, at around noon, Gladia and two druids arrived at the palace gates. Gladia, still filled with the bitter pain of loosing a friend slaughtered all of the palace " guards" with ease, after all they were just orks, wern't they? soon they came to two grand looking doors, with shredded colored cloth that appeared to have once been the flags of the 5 great guilds, The two druids grabbed Gladia to attempt to knock a bit of sense into him. he was calmed a little, they opened the doors and proceeded down the long corridor. A burnt black carpet lay down the center, the walls stripped bare of the colorful tapestries that once hung.

8543494767_28225ab7dd_z.jpg

Victor: Ahh visitors, such I have not had for a long time, welcome!

Gladia: You're gonna die you old twirp.

Victor: Oh, is that so? I have put your Historica in ruin, and 'the great' (he said with sarcasm) Historica dares challenge me with two conjourers and a jumped up jerk with a few kitchen knives? are you really that desperate? I'm going to take this action as a compliment.

Gladia: Well actually there was about 5 that didn't seam to make it, one of them an Avalonian. Although they're probably just being typical Mitgards, Kaliphlins and Nocturns, to lazy to turn up on time.

Victor: My appologies on your loss he said with an evil smile.

Slowly his face drooped from the grin into its frown that the Black Mage had been wearing whence the three entered. Gladia couldn't help notice the ancient helmet propped by the frail old man. His voice was deep and croaky, yet at the same time soft and somewhat pleasant.

8543495485_a1db46f4b8_z.jpg

First Druid: Perhaps the corruption in thy mind hast caused you to forget whom it is that I am. I am Earon, leader of the order of Eden. I taught you as a young one, my how you've changed, for the worse. You were once joyful and bright, a great student no doubt.

Victor: Pah! So maybe your not just a conjurer, still a fool though. Don't try lecture me about whom I once was you old fool! I am far greater than you!

Second Druid: Son, you're not the great man I once knew. shame on you!

Victor: Father! It can't be! you should be long dead by now!

Second Druid: Oh but I am still fine, son the years have not been going as fast as you would think, your life in solitary, clinging to evil, it has aged your body and weakened you mind...

Victor: Shutup! There was rage glowing in his face And who is this reject? whats my conection with him eh?

Gladia: oh we have very little connection, in fact the only real connection between us is that because of you, Avalonia, the place I love, lies mostly in ruins, you've destroyed my hops fields, caused me to have to come over here to kill you and you've killed one of the greatest friends a man could have!

Victor: that would make you?

Gladia: Gladia, if you wish to know who it is who killed you.

8543493991_273c896724_z.jpg

With that, Gladia leaped forward and made a sprint towards Revolword.

Victor thrusted forward his staff, throwing back Gladia with an epic force.

8544590740_6c10cf6fcf_z.jpg

Just as Gladia was getting up the two druids did the same in reply, victors staff burst free from his grasp, and the old victim to corruption was driven backward

8544587486_8ab9f1f393_z.jpg

Victor smashed unto the throne, hitting his head on one of its oaken corners and falling unconscious. Gladia made move to the bleeding mage to finish him off.

8544583124_2eb689dc05_z.jpg

8544582154_e426b2ed57_z.jpg

As he beheaded him Gladia kicked it across the room, yelling with hatred towards him. Victor is finished. Now all thats left is to restore the king and bring back peace to HIstorica...

Gladia headed down the palace in an attempt to locate the king and the heir, he wanted this job done and over with!

Eventually the assassin came to a filthy cell, in it, the king! and the prince.

Gladia: someones lucky day isn't it?

Prince: I would assume so...

Gladia turned around and saw the filthy crown filled with a decaying scull

Gladia: ehh, what happened to 'im?

Prince: When Victor took the palace, he tortured and cut my fathers throat, then stuck him in here with me. just one of his ways to entertain im sure...

Gladia: sorry about it, Victors gone, I took the pleasure of cutting his throat, if that makes you feel better...

Prince: Oddly it does,and whom may you be oh great knight?

Gladia: not a knight, and assassins keep themselves too themselves.

Prince: very well then. any way I can show my gratitude?

Gladia cut through his chains.

Gladia: a fast horse'll do. I hate this place, I want to get out now, been too long a day, maybe a new blade? the chain appears to have blunted this one?

Prince: haha, If thats what you want, you shall have it!

Gladia: thank'ee sire

And with that, Gladia took his horse and left.

8617564745_fc2620c6fc_z.jpgScored build #3 (this is located under the tower)

The next few days were very eventful in Cedrica. The soldiers from the 4 guilds helped out clearing the mess, and spoilt by Cedrican tavern owners and women. The new king was crowned and many feasts and banquets took place. hundreds of guests, lords and ladies, counts etc. Gladia however did not stay present for any of the festivities. he rode his horse, for 3 entire days till he came to the land he loves.

8618675930_a896b0f760_c.jpg

​Gladia stopped at the old tower his father would take him to when he was a boy. Briana would be there, he knew that. at the sight of her he let his horse free

8617564663_cc85b49881_z.jpg

8618674472_6debb0e2a3_z.jpg

The two lovers fell into each other's arms. Gladia was in the greatest place he could imagine. In love in paradise.

Historica was back.

~The End~

C&C welcome, this is my first time attempting dialogue, please excuse (and make me aware of!) any errors or things that could be considerably better, its not my strong point.

please note that the throne room and the battle scene are part of the same MOC, and that the dungeon and tower are also the same MOC

~Legonaro

Edited by Legonardo

Looks great, excelent start! I know you've heard this before, but your bases are awesome.

Holy shit Legonardo, this is awesome and your gate is actually equal to the gate guild by Z, one of the greatest Lego Gates so far!!

The portcullis and doors is not something you see often, great job getting them both included :thumbup:

Nice cranes for lifting the portcullis too. The squareness of the wooden sections bothers me a little, but I can't see a way to change that easily.

Any pics from the back?

Just what I expected from an Avalonian! This is amazing! Great job, bro. I like those two main characters as well. Their pretty cool. :wink:

Great work and story :thumbup: :thumbup: I will continue to follow this WIP :wink:

Your progress is so rapid LD! I just love this! The colour scheme on the ground is great! Makes it looks a little more dramatic! The size of this beast fits the gates of Cedrica well!

Can´t wait to see what´s next!

Looking great so far! This is probably the best LEGO castle gate I've seen, period. Nice and imposing, and I'm digging the portcullis + door.

Can't wait for the tavern :tongue: , hopefully it's a bit easier to break into :wink:

Nice work LD, the castle has a very realistic feel about it with all the details you've added! Good job varying the building scenes to go along with the story as well! :thumbup: Neat portcullis and the doors look great!

Good story, great build. I was waiting to see this build finished... soooo good. I really like the portcullis and the working mechanisms moving it. Excellent job.

Is the interior inside the inn (only asking cause it says "scored build #2 (interior)? The woodwork is superb and the fight scene looks great :thumbup:

Why is there more stonework on top of the wooden section though? The difference in quality between this and the builds you first did in GoH is quite noticeable (and the olders were not bad builds to start with) :classic:

I really like both the gate and tavern, they have the right Cedrica feeling both in style and size. And your base design is awesome! A final word of praise for nice usage of the Hobbit minifigure parts as well :)

But to me the last picture of the palace looks like interior, not the tavern?

Splendid stone and woodwork. Certainly a heavy contender!

thanks Ecc! now that your a guild leader you can or can't enter the challenge?

Is the interior inside the inn (only asking cause it says "scored build #2 (interior)? The woodwork is superb and the fight scene looks great :thumbup:

Why is there more stonework on top of the wooden section though? The difference in quality between this and the builds you first did in GoH is quite noticeable (and the olders were not bad builds to start with) :classic:

Thanks mate! well I wasn't going to have an interior bigger than what I did, I simply don't have the parts for it, so I see it as making the most use of the space, I have more build that will be scored as its still one of the three. thats not stone work, its just an abstract take on merging the throne room and the battle scene together, it looks MUCH better IRL

I really like both the gate and tavern, they have the right Cedrica feeling both in style and size. And your base design is awesome! A final word of praise for nice usage of the Hobbit minifigure parts as well :)

But to me the last picture of the palace looks like interior, not the tavern?

yes well the tavern exterior is connected to the palace, not in the story, just in the build itself, therefore its still one of my 3 builds

@Legonardo: Thanks for the explanation, I was a little confused before :laugh:

The throne room looks great, the floor pattern is excellent and I like how aged it seems, the skulls scattered in the corner help set the mood :thumbup:

Interesting story as well, I'm looking forward to the ending :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Stunning models. I love the way you built your walls with the occasional brick brick and the 1x1 round plates. Everything looks very real and lifelike.

thanks Ecc! now that your a guild leader you can or can't enter the challenge?

Still can! Because I'm not among those judging the entries.

You sure are becoming a master of angles! I am quite impressed how you make them look so clean. Great job on the MOCs so far! :thumbup:

Thabnks all! now that im done with MOCathloln I can get into this again, I hope to have this done within a week!

Still can! Because I'm among those judging the entries.

... :wacko:

So because your judging you can enter, for the win you are eligible or just to enter? im curious