CITY Tow-Truck MOD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AzMean

AzMean

Member: 1316

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:37 AM

Posted Image V-LC-09B

Hi there. Im new here.. haha... been reading this forum as a guest for very long but have only decided to sign up.

anyways...
I felt that the only thing missing in the CITY catalog is a Tow Truck. So i have decided to make my own Tow-Truck. I have combined the pieces from the Airport Firetruck & the Airport Mechanic (mostly), with a few smaller extra pieces from other CITY sets.

I personally dun like the red "bumpers". I ran out of other colors, so just used the red ones temporary. it will look nicer if its black or gray or just grilles.
Posted Image

There are 2 cones that can be stored at the back. *these 2 cones are from the mobile crane set OR the Advent Calendar*
Posted Image

A view from the other side.
Posted Image

comments welcome! be gentle!  :-D

#2 Hobbes

Hobbes

• Retired

Member: 359

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

Hi and welcome to EB! :-)

To make it short, I like it. It has a classic look, it fits with the current scale, it uses parts from existing sets and it's a straight-forward build without fancy SNOT technique except for the front. You also thought about the little "ramp" to support the front wheels of the towed car (at least that's what I'm guessing it is). I like the round transparent-white lights, too. Makes it not too modern looking.

I agree, the red doesn't fit in the front but I guessed it's just temporary. And maybe the back could be less yellow and more gray, but the design is ok.

*y*

Oh, yeah, doors would also be nice but that's a current design problem with City sets ;-)

#3 Serengeti

Serengeti

Member: 1040

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

Although I am not a fan of wide cars, this is good and it is nice to see a MOC made from the official sets. The use of the engine maintenace crane is great btw, suits it perfectly.

I hope you post more City MOCs in future!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MinifigTimes.com    Leaving no brick unturned in the search for scandals

#4 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

Hello and welcome!
Thatīs a fine Tow-Truck, well balanced and those round frontlights gives a special charming to it.
Good work!  *y*

#5 xenologer

xenologer

Member: 626

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:26 PM

Nice idea!
Good way to use up the extra parts from that airplane mechanic (I just wanted the Jet engine).

Somehow that guy's grin tho, and the way he's holding that screwdriver looks scary... :-D

#6 AzMean

AzMean

Member: 1316

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:24 AM

View PostHobbes, on Jan 31 2007, 07:52 PM, said:

Hi and welcome to EB! :-)

To make it short, I like it. It has a classic look, it fits with the current scale, it uses parts from existing sets and it's a straight-forward build without fancy SNOT technique except for the front. You also thought about the little "ramp" to support the front wheels of the towed car (at least that's what I'm guessing it is). I like the round transparent-white lights, too. Makes it not too modern looking.

I agree, the red doesn't fit in the front but I guessed it's just temporary. And maybe the back could be less yellow and more gray, but the design is ok.

*y*
Oh, yeah, doors would also be nice but that's a current design problem with City sets ;-)
heh.. thanks for the comments everyone. the back is not a ramp, hobbes. its the back gate/door, like the fire pick up. Heh.. i tried ur idea though, but i dun have much technic pieces to do dat.  *wacko*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users