Konajra

MOC: Tyr Viking, a LEGO Anchor Handling Tug

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all,

This is my latest build. It is a sister vessel of FAIRPLAY-33 I build back in october/november 2012. The FAIRPLAY was a comissioned build and is now displayed at the office of Fairplay-towage in Hamburg.

As a thank you for building the tug I received the bricks to build my own version. I decided to build it in the livery of Viking Supply ships AS. Copenhagen. So I'm more or less my own copycat :classic: .

The numbers for this ship are the same as the FAIRPLAY-33. about 20.000 bricks 125 cm long, 35 cm wide and 73 cm tall. It is a lilte more detailed then the Fairplay and has a winch on the superstructure that has been removed of the FAIRPLAY.

I also used PF to make the winches work, so now I can do some real anchor handling. :) Next modification will be the installation of towing pins at the stern. The technique for that comes from Barman76 (on Flickr)

here are some photos and the video:

8398534765_3238b1cb1e_c.jpg

Tyr Viking (LEGO sistervessel of the FAIRPLAY-33) by Konajra, on Flickr

8398534703_0c1280778b_c.jpg

8398534403_2926d7a3e1_c.jpg

8398538117_045832fa97_c.jpg

8399622198_381402577a_c.jpg

[media]

[/media]

Thanks for reading this post.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Even though I've seen the Fairplay up close I still get awestruck every time I see pictures. You really are the shipmaster!

So sorry I didn't see this fantastic MOC earlier! :blush: She's a beauty. :wub_drool:

Frontpaged!

Absolutely fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup: I love all the details you put in :wub_drool:

Wow, that is amazing! Love the detail - excellent work :thumbup:

detailing is fantastic! :cry_happy:

how long did it take you to make it? did you used some pictures for inspiration?

Wow, very nice work indeed. It looks MASSIVE (in a good way) but with tons of details !

Love it. :thumbup:

Amazing work. I never realized tugs had so much mass below waterline. Makes sense but never thought about it before I saw this.

Thanks for the frontpage and the kind comments. This ship is more or less identical to the Blue and white FAIRPLAY-33 that I build for fairplay towage. Designing that ship in Ldraw took me about 165 hours. The actual building time: I have no idea. For the FAIRPLAY-33 I recieved the General Arangement plans. I also used a lot of photos of the FAIRPLAY. The Tyr Viking is a non-existing ship so there were no photos to use, but since its a copy that was of course not a problem.

Great job! I love all the details and the size is amazing! Perfect color-scheme as well! Fantastic work! :thumbup: