Bricksonwheels

Scania 143 Streamline V8 500 in Lego (1:13)

Hello Eurobrickers!

It has been a while but now I am on a building rhythm again :classic:

This is the third in a series of classic Scania’s i have build. They consist of two 80’s Scania 142 in the same color scheme based on classic Scandinavian design, and this build features a 90’s type 143 V8 Streamline. This series was introduced late 80’s as the successor to the 2-series. The Streamline was the last version being more aerodynamic and fuel efficient.

Being a very popular truck amongst truck enthusiast, the versions with the famous V8 engine are the most cherished ones.

This truck is a 1:13 V8 500hp version of the 143. I have tried to make it as detailed as possible following current trends in customizing this type of truck, as you see them on truckshows. It doesn’t carry the roofspoiler and sideskirts, but has an oldskool roofrack, and ladder. The big standing exhausts show American influences, where the side and chassis covers and are a truly Scandinavian feature originating from the 80’s but still very popular.

The interior is made in more modern style, with brown and tan trim, to replicate the custom leather interiors seen a lot these days. The truck is in 6x2 (six wheels – excluding the inside rears, two driven) trim, with a liftable second axle.

This model contains about 4000 Lego bricks, and uses a lot of classic parts like the old Technic 24x43 wheels which went out of production actually around the time the real truck went in production. For my standards there is only the necessary chrome applied, and I custom made the stickers myself. The chrome parts are as always electro-plated truly chromed bricks (to avoid answering all the questions, you can buy them at Bricks4all.nl :classic: ). The rear mudflap is 1 mm genuine rubber to give it a more real appeal.

8398338177_d70a5bd8d5_b.jpg

8398337969_16f8bd51c1_b.jpg

8398337693_393d14df43_b.jpg

8398337321_4b51ae03fd_b.jpg

8399422046_d233a5bc5f_b.jpg

Edited by Bricksonwheels

The older wheels look perfect on this truck, the whole thing looks amazing with the custom chrome as well.

Fantastic work as always. Nice work on the pictures with the engine and air tanks etc. visible, they look like they come straight out of a brochure. :thumbup: :thumbup:

One question though: the grooves on the sides, are they a half stud deep? They look too deep in my opinion, is there any way to make the doors more flat?

Amazing as always! Your work never ceases to impress me. One of these days I'd like to build a huge American style truck, inspired by you and Bosman.

Thnx a lot all. to answer some question:

The door is a bit too deep on the underside blue area, but as it is functional and had to fit to the rest of the cabin it had to be done this way. the herb garden is a sixpack indeed.

You can get a need for a beer on truckshows!

Epic! It's nice, clean and smooth. Can you, or have you already done, and Eddie Stobart truck? What you've done there is a form of art.

H :sweet:

Hi Horace, well i am honestly not the biggest fan of the Stobart livery, next up is a revamp of a 25.25 meter Finnish Scania road train.

Thnx Noise, i have my own page at Flickr, and I post at some other media as well, As I don't build more then 6 to 7 models a year it is fine this way.