10 replies to this topic

#1 Artifex

Artifex

Member: 11066

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi there!

I love Lego.

I also love GIJoe.

This year, Kre-O is releasing some GIJoe sets.

You can check some of them at HissTank.com.

But I don't want to buy any of those GIJoe Kre-O sets just because they are GIJoe. I'm not that type of fan.

So I'd like to know if you can mix-and-match Lego and Kre-O -- can you use bricks from one with the other? Do the studs hold?

And can anyone please post a couple of pics of Kre-O pieces mixed with Lego ones?
Posted Image

#2 TrumpetKing

TrumpetKing

• O type hirrobly

Member: 27420

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I believe they are, yes. I got a Kre-O set for Christmas, and the box says that it is compatible with the leading brands, but I haven't tried.
Currently playing as Trevor Knowles, Nuclear Engineer in jamesn and Tamamono's Red Menace Mafia

Isaac - FabuGirl - Trisha - TrumpetKing67 - Diane - Li'l TrumpetKing - Twatty Tittlesteen - Usurper - Tristan Kingsley - Mercutio Robertson - Terrence Knox - Cohost - Tumi "Tumius Aximus" - Mercutio Robertson the Sequel - Tiffany Knightley -  Trevor Knowles

#3 ogami_ito

ogami_ito

Member: 35473

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hi,  I got the transformers sets.  Kreo blocks fit very snugly with lego. I don't believe the colors are the same though.

#4 Artifex

Artifex

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for the heads up, guys!
Posted Image

#5 Legtayor

Legtayor

Member: 37667

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Tad bit late but yes, Kre-O is compatible with Lego. Most of the colors are the same too, such as dark blue and red. The colors I've noticed that aren't the same are white, yellow, and silver. As far as pigment consistency goes it's the same as Lego as well, so the only way you'll be able to tell the difference is the lack of stud embossing or seeing parts Lego doesn't make :P

#6 Artifex

Artifex

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

Thanks a lot, Legtayor!
Posted Image

#7 ZORK64

ZORK64

Member: 14137

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

KreO plastic seems also quite good quality wise (though the only non LEGOs I can compare it with are a few Halo sets from Megablocks), only the ball joints are a bit weird, but these probably won't be a big issue for GI Joe sets.
I know that I know nothing.
Ich weiß, dass ich nichts weiß.
Visit my MOCpage!

#8 kermit

kermit

• 1+1+1=2

Member: 11816

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Yes Kreo bricks are compatible with Lego but you may notice difference in the clutch power of the Kreo bricks. The stud pieces in Kreo appear to be a lot harder to stick on to other studs or bricks from my experience. Others may not have this problem though.

#9 Luke Styer

Luke Styer

Member: 16427

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

I've only really built one KREO set, but it was an enjoyable building process.  I've seen a couple of the Transformer sets on clearance and considered buying them, too.  I don't think I've tried to connect the KREO bricks to my LEGO bricks, though, so I can't speak to how well they hold.  Some of the vehicles in those KREO GI Joe sets look very cool to me, but I really don't care for the look of KREO's human figures, so my interest level is probably going to depend on how attractive the prices are considering the figures.  As badly as I dislike the figures, though, I love the realistic looking modern weapons.

#10 LibraryBoy

LibraryBoy

Member: 40846

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

My son has a couple of Kre-O sets and figures mixed in with his Lego and it all seems to work just fine.  Some of the Kre-O figures' accessories mix really well with Lego minifigures if you're not a purist (Jazz's "helmet," for instance, looks cool on pretty much any Lego head).

#11 Locomotive Annie

Locomotive Annie

• A Perfect 317

Member: 32535

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

If I was still into Brick wargaming I'd be all over these sets like a rash.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users