I'd like to present to you my newest creation, based on the scene from TTT where Faramir's Rangers of Ithilien

ambush the forthcoming Men of Harad, as Frodo, Sam and Gollum are watching from a distance. (The latter three not included in the scene)

8394910317_8a04e1511a.jpg

8394910739_f79122a51d.jpg

2q07d5y.jpg

25qysrc.jpg

"In order to protect the road from Minas Morgul to Osgiliath from possible attacks, Faramir has sent his Rangers of Ithilien

to await the forthcoming Haradrim on the road to ambush them as soon as they are in sight. The fist group of Men of Harad is

coming closer and closer, and as they approach the rangers, the first strike is received by the enemy..."

__________________________________________________________________________________

This MOC can also be found on Flickr and MOCpages.

Enjoy, C&C is welcome as always.

It would also help me if you could tell me which of the versions of these pictures you like best,

the one with a solid white background or the one with the map of Middle-Earth - this will help me pick a definite picture for Flickr.

Edited by General Magma

Very nice small scene. I especially like your trees and bushes. Those are techniques I haven't seen myself. I like it a lot.

Thanks! I haven't seen such trees and bushes anywhere else either;

I looked at some screenshots from the film and I wanted to capture the feeling and looks of the trees

as much as possible, and so I ended up using these. They'll probably show up in future MOCs again.

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: As previously mentioned, I also like the technique used to make the trees :wink:

Personally I like the photos with the Middlearth background, because I think the background better contextualize the MOC :classic:

Wow! This is great! I love the trees, figs, and backgroung! Nice job! :thumbup::classic::thumbup:

Very nice work, General Magma! I love you your attention to detail (including the brown minifig hand on one of the shrubs).