dsc_0629.jpg

dsc_0630.jpg

dsc_0632.jpg

dsc_0634.jpg

dsc_0635.jpg

dsc_0637.jpg

Hope you like it :)

Old post :

Hi everyone, and welcome to my very first MOC!

In fact, I've never been able to create something good looking using Lego, so I've decided to start from something already existing and create a Maxifig (based on the official 3723 one) of my favorite minifig ever : captain redbeard. However I should have chosen a different one since his head and torso were actually quite hard to render. Still I'm quite happy with the result :

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

As you can see, it's still waiting to be built, this should be done before 2014 hopefully :)

The torso is made from SNOT (to the left and to the right) and SOT, this alone took me many many hours, and it still has to be optimized.

I hope you like it, feel free to comment :)

Edited by Capt. Stabbin

Nice!, Surprised you couldn't make good looking things. Can't wait to see it in real LEGO!

Edited by Brickington

That's really well build and the proportions match exactly to the original minifigure! I'm surprised sbout so few comments since I believe it's not really possible to build a much better maxifigure.

Great work!

Thanks for your comments. I was going to buy the parts to build it but unfortunately some of them don't exist in dark orange color (1x1 plate), I've got to find a way, change colors or wait till Lego does it... :)

Hello everyone! At least it is finished!

dsc_0629.jpg

dsc_0630.jpg

dsc_0632.jpg

dsc_0634.jpg

dsc_0635.jpg

dsc_0637.jpg

I'm not really good at MOCing (it's my first MOC ever) so I'm sure there is quite room for improvement, any comments are welcome :)

Absolutly brilliant. I love your work. I would put it in my livingroom :),

This is so fantastic, everyone should have one! pirate_laugh2.gif

Have you concidered making this a Cuusoo-project?

Regards

Have you concidered making this a Cuusoo-project?

Thank you. I'm not sure about making it a Cuusoo project, it would never hit 10.000 votes :)

Nicely done!

You went pretty detailed on torso and face,

I'd like one of those as decoration in my room pirate_classic.gif .

Seems, there are already some potential supporters for a Cuusoo project. pirate_wink.gif

Seriously, I understand if you don't want to go through all the trouble. But I think he is iconic enough to meet a large fan base. And in the end, you never know.

Another idea is to ask at a local toy store, maybe they could be willing to finance one for a public display.

Think about it.

Again, great work.

Regards

I absolutely love this MOC.

If you don't fancy going down the CUUSOO route, is there any way we could convince you to release the LDD file? I'd love to build him. :)

You did a excellent job recreating Captain Redbeard. He is my favorite classic fig and I would love to have one of these in my home.

That is an awesome creation. I have considered building certain characters at that scale, but never got around to it. Just recently getting back into my Pirates love, this is really impressive.

I'd love to build one, but I don't use LDD. But it would be neat to see how this was created.

How many pieces did you use? How much did it cost, approximately?

Thanks for sharing!

Hi.

Sorry for the late answer, I didn't see your post.

It has about 2500 parts, and its cost was somewhere between 150 and 200€.

Hi Capt. Redbeard, wonderfull Maxifig you are! We'll need to introduce the new word MAXIFIG.

I also create a fe maxifigs, based on others and change the way I want it to look like.

Would you share your digital model with others who want to build capt. Redbeard too?

Regards from the Netherlands.

Mark