[Flickr find] Officer's furniture by WesVDell

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic  – Started by Capt. Redblade , Jan 11 2013 09:05 PM

#1 Capt. Redblade

Capt. Redblade
  • Python Parrot

Member: 6242

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Is your captain's cabin looking a bit dull? Want to spruce up your admiral's office? Decorate your commodore's quarters? Well, now you can, with some wonderful officer's furniture by flickr user WesVDell!

Posted Image

Flickr link: Officer's furniture

:jollyroger:

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

-- The First Doctor

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."

-- The Seventh Doctor

#2 Darkdragon

Darkdragon
  • Experiencing difficulty...eth

Member: 14331

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Very cool find.

Go to Classic-Pirates.com

#3 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?

Member: 28288

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Nice, I might just try this ideas.

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf

#4 Grimmbeard

Grimmbeard
  • Oh me, oh my! Love that Redcoat Pie!

Member: 30768

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

The couch looks great :thumbup:
--Grimmbeard
You've fallen for one of the classic Blunders! the most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this, Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!!!

Flickr | YouTube

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

#5 Dread Pirate Wesley

Dread Pirate Wesley

Member: 7124

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

That's me by the way!  I was going to post it once my ship-of-the-line was complete but you beat me to the punch.  A little more background on this, the couch was an inspiration from the remake of the Charles Morgan in Mystic Seaport.  Once I saw it I knew I had to incorporate it into one of my ships.  The roll top desk is from the HMS Warrior in one of the officer's rooms, I don't remember specifically which one.  The rest are just bits and bobs from various other real life ships.  Most 18th century ships would have used hammocks or swinging bed boxes instead of cots but I have seen a few examples of small cots, mainly for landlubbers hitching a ride.  Thanks for the blog!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley
"You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Wesley..."

Flickr

Posted Image

Persephone                           The Pickle

#6 Capt. Redblade

Capt. Redblade
  • Python Parrot

Member: 6242

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostDread Pirate Wesley, on 15 January 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

That's me by the way!  I was going to post it once my ship-of-the-line was complete but you beat me to the punch.  A little more background on this, the couch was an inspiration from the remake of the Charles Morgan in Mystic Seaport.  Once I saw it I knew I had to incorporate it into one of my ships.  The roll top desk is from the HMS Warrior in one of the officer's rooms, I don't remember specifically which one.  The rest are just bits and bobs from various other real life ships.  Most 18th century ships would have used hammocks or swinging bed boxes instead of cots but I have seen a few examples of small cots, mainly for landlubbers hitching a ride.  Thanks for the blog!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Oh! Had I known it was you, I probably would have left you to it. Still, I guess I saved you the trouble, huh? :grin:

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

-- The First Doctor

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."

-- The Seventh Doctor

#7 majkol87

majkol87

Member: 35352

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Nice!

Edited by majkol87, 15 January 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#8 Mazin

Mazin
  • Gluttonous blue pig.

Member: 1175

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Wow... this is fantastic! Well done :thumbup: Coatrack is my favorite :sweet:
"Many people don't know what to do with time. Time doesn't have this problem with people"
Magdalena Samozwaniec

#9 Israel Hands

Israel Hands

Member: 29340

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Like it. I think I'm going to steal a couple of ideas <yoink!>

#10 Cousarmy0001

Cousarmy0001

Member: 19177

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

That couch, desk, and table are AWESOME!

And I may try reducing the globe base as well.  I was disappointed by how big the thing was, it took up the entire cabin on every single one of my ships!

Posted Image

http://www.eurobrick...90#entry1222088

Guess who's back... back again...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flickr, Furniture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links