Simon_S

Attack of the Trolls

I built a small battle scene over the holidays and now I finally could take the pics of it. I hope you like it :wink:

It was a foggy day, Ragnar couldn't even see his hand before his face. Nothing. Just grey, everywhere. In each direction. What should they do? The sentinel was useless. If they were attacked on the other side of the village, they wouldn't even see it.

Suddenly, Ragnars friend, the well known Olaf with his two golden braids heard a little noise. It sounded scary. First there was only a small smack, than one more, even one more, until he couldn't couldn't count it. A short cry of a woman. Then he heard a kid whining. He run out of the house... BONG! He just hit the fence of the deer farm. At least Olaf knew, where he was. He managed to stumble to the house of Ragnar. Now they already were two to face the ennemy somewhere around there. Now it went on faster and in a very short time, they were an army of 5 men...

The fog cleared up. There was a dead lady lying on the ground. Ragnar run to her, she was his neighbor for a long time. He couldn't feel a pulse. He now saw them: A huge and hungry horde of Trolls, trolling the poor and people in the villages in the mountains, who didn't have an enough good defence. :sick:

They also noticed him. He run back to his comrade in arms, warning them. And then, the attack already came. It wasn't a battle, it was a massacre. A Troll run against Ragnar, he tried to defend his attack with his sword, but the strenght of his ennemy was to big. BONG! He just hit him in the face. Ragnar fell to the ground. Then, the last thing he saw was how his best friend, Olaf was killed by a bunch of hungry monsters. Then everything became black... :sadnew:

8356933181_dca70893e5.jpg

Ragnar awake. He was in a house he has never been before. But the much more important thing: There was a beautiful woman he has never seen before. :wub:

Ragnar: "Good Lady, where are we?"

Elsa: "We're in my house, it's a little bit afield from your village. Oh, and please, just call me Elsa."

Ragnar: "How the heck did I got here, in the house of such a young lovely woman? I guess you're married, right?"

Elsa: "That's quite a long story... Two days ago, the village was attacked by a plundering horde of Trolls. They killed everyone they found. I didn't remarked anything of this attack, until I went to there to go shopping :laugh:. I came to the village, houses were burned, lichs of soldiers lay around everywhere and it stunk like the pest :sick:. I found you, as the only surving of the attack. you were already there for 2 days, aswoon, halfway frozen. I took you with me and now you are here. To your last question: I was married, with an old rich man, who I never loved. My miserly father forced me to marry him. He was in the villige while the attack, he's dead."

To be continued...

Edited by Buurli_Burri

Haha, a very dry way to talk about the event :laugh: I love it!

Really nice scene!

But how did you do the roof???

Haha, a very dry way to talk about the event :laugh: I love it!

Really nice scene!

But how did you do the roof???

Thank you, it's MAGIC! :laugh: I might post a tutorial pic for it, since you're not the only one who is interested in this :wink:.

Nice use of faces in your story (though Ragnar didn't waste any time in getting straight to the point, eh? :tongue: )! Great roof and the tower is very nice as well! What a nasty hoard of orcs! Those poor mitgardians didn't stand a chance... :cry_sad: Will this have something to do with your Challenge VI, I wonder? :look:

Nice use of faces in your story (though Ragnar didn't waste any time in getting straight to the point, eh? :tongue: )! Great roof and the tower is very nice as well! What a nasty hoard of orcs! Those poor mitgardians didn't stand a chance... :cry_sad: Will this have something to do with your Challenge VI, I wonder? :look:

Haha, yeah! I was to lazy to write a long dialog so it ended up like this :laugh:. And no, this has nothing to do with Challenge VI, I just built this over the holidays ...

When I first saw the title, I thought of a different kind of troll... I guess it is enough internet for me for some time. (Although I would love to see a MOC of internet trolls attacking - maybe I'll build it.)

Really great MOC, the roof is just brilliant! I'm really excited to see how this story continues.

Only one picture? Can we get a few more?

8357997342_18d5c1f6d5.jpg

8357996348_b58134c981.jpg

8356933907_647660878a.jpg

8357998274_3a026d65bd.jpg

(On the right: Olaf; in the middle with the brown cape: Ragnar)

Nice use for the Viking lady's hair; it actually looks like it was meant for that! :thumbup:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like in particularly the small tower and the roof with shingles :wink:

Nocturnus' influence is spreading!

Very nice scene. Great roof indeed. I also like the finishing details like ice peaks, goose, orcs hair/helmets choise, fence

Nice use for the Viking lady's hair; it actually looks like it was meant for that! :thumbup:

Thank you :blush:!

Thank you. Nice figs!

Thanks man :classic:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the small tower and the roof with shingles :wink:

Thank you Wedge09 :wink:. The house could still use some work (also the roof, there are too much small gaps between the shingles :angry:), but I didn't have the parts for that.

Nocturnus' influence is spreading! Very nice scene. Great roof indeed. I also like the finishing details like ice peaks, goose, orcs hair/helmets choise, fence

Thank you! Yeah, I kinda like Nocturnus. It would have my second choice, but Mitgardian was just a little bit cooler :tongue:.

I love your building style! This one and the little castle you made a while ago is so great! That roof with tiles is a very nice feature that I have to use in my coming mocs! Great work!

Excellent build! The house looks very realistic and the tower is well detailed for it's size :thumbup:

Just send the word and Sir Glorfindel would be happy to send some men :wink:

Oh my! The heads on spears is a perfectly wicked touch. great job. Really like that reindeer, too.

I love your building style! This one and the little castle you made a while ago is so great! That roof with tiles is a very nice feature that I have to use in my coming mocs! Great work!

Thanks mate, so I like your building style also very much :thumbup:!

Very nice scene! The roof is brilliant!

Thanks mephistopheles!

Just saw this on Mocpages, and then came over and saw it here! Really great, I like the story and roof.

Thank you Carson :classic:

Excellent build! The house looks very realistic and the tower is well detailed for it's size :thumbup:

Just send the word and Sir Glorfindel would be happy to send some men :wink:

Thanks mate! But actually, it's they're destiny to die, otherwise Ragnar wouldn't have such a good reason to kill Trolls :devil:

Oh my! The heads on spears is a perfectly wicked touch. great job. Really like that reindeer, too.

Thank you, the heads were a last minute addition and I also was quite content with them :classic:

Great scene I like a lot the roof and the look of the tower.

:classic:

Those trolls are efficient! Decapitations + heads on pikes before the tower is taken :devil:

Seriously though, this is great work man.

Those trolls are efficient! Decapitations + heads on pikes before the tower is taken :devil:

I'm sure it was a scouting party on patrol that wandered too close to the trolls lands. It became an act of war!

Great scene I like a lot the roof and the look of the tower.

:classic:

Thanks Niku!

Seriously though, this is great work man.

Thanks mate :classic: Without the heads it just looked too undangerous. :grin:

Update: Roof explantion

8372920726_e82fe1b3ce.jpg

I hope everything is clear now.

Thanks Burri! Might have to see if I can scrape together enough 1x2s to try it out!