Sign in to follow this  
Blackheart Brit

1999 rereleases in 2002

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Does anyone know what is different between the 1999 X-Wing and Y-Wing/Tie fighter and the 2002 Re-release versions of the same sets; because the re-release sell for much more on Bricklink? I imagine the only difference is the number on the directions.

7150/7152

30359a/b

3023 x 9/8 dark grey

these are the differences. You may want to check the different manuals where the 1x2 plate goes, I cannot recall just now.

7140/7142 is the same by piece count if I remember correctly, but again the 30359 part is different.

The re-released Y-wing/TIE set is actually quite different from the original release. The Y-wing is exactly the same except for the new greys, however the TIE Advance in that set is an entirely different build using the modular style of the regular TIE Fighter cockpit. Funny that a re-release would be 50% new material, but I actually like the new tie design far better.

The re-released Y-wing/TIE set is actually quite different from the original release. The Y-wing is exactly the same except for the new greys, however the TIE Advance in that set is an entirely different build using the modular style of the regular TIE Fighter cockpit. Funny that a re-release would be 50% new material, but I actually like the new tie design far better.

I thought it was 'just' grey vs bley, but if this info is correct I need to get a 7152 next to the 7150's I already have...

Did a little more checking just to verify, and it turns out I was mistaken. 2002's 7152 is an exact re-release of 7150, but 2004's 7262 is the set with the re-designed TIE Advanced. That means their original Y-wing design was used 3 different times over a course of 5 years, without change. And people thought our current snowspeeder situation was bad. :laugh: