tatertots

Winter village: Clock town and winter love

Based on the clock tower in Wellesley, MA this was about falling in love when it's winter time; winter sleigh rides, teenagers having a snowball fight, good times when the fluffy white stuff is out.

Happy new year everyone!

8391686485_d2b616cebd_c.jpg

The sleigh was self-imposed build challenge. I was determined to use those gold pearl sword blades from a Ninjago set to make some sleigh rails. Connection is solid and the angles feel right. The 90 degree angles seemed to rigid.

8392809054_7a0817ae37_c.jpg

And the cast of characters: boy in love and his dog, girl tossing a snow ball, female tourist, sleigh master:

8391696583_5ddc696d64_z.jpg

I'll get it into the layout for next year :-)

Edited by tatertots

I was able to get into the studio a couple of nights this week to take some pics. The pics above have all been updated with more recent shots. Cheers!Nick

Nice creation, tatertots! I really love the design of the tower's door and the original use of the blades for the sleigh!

(and I really enjoy your layout!)

Good luck in the contest!!

That's a really sweet-looking layout and I love the tower. It looks like Santa has really upgraded from his old sleigh and reindeer! I guess with the population being what it is these days it was tough for him to get around! :laugh: I'm also really digging that little red tractor thing, well done.

Edited by bjtpro