Electricsteam

MOC: Es Co. 2-6-2 Behemoth Pneumatic Locomotive

Indexed by Moderator

This is the monster Es co. Pneumatic Behemoth locomotive!

It is strongest of all of the Es co. Locomotives

Here is a proper fourm my my hulking air powered monster :P

N3GYu.jpg

HcAI6.jpg

g4tzZ.jpg

Here is a video of just the pistons in action.

P.S. I found the lego traction bands! :laugh:

Brickster you need to make a new category for the MOC index , Pneumatics!

I forgot to mention is my B-day today! :sweet:

Edited by TheBrickster

Amazing. How did you make the valves operate easily? I usually have to apply quite a lot of force on mine...

After you use them for a while I guess they just became loose.

Interesting project. Myself I do not have any of this pneumatic equipment in LEGO. Is the set up that you used in your final model for the pistons and that the same as in the video you posted? Does the engine run smoothly now it is all built up? Sorry for asking so many questions but as I said I do not have these bits. How have you managed to power it, is there a tender with some kind of compressor to run the pistons? Whatever you have it does seem a rather unique way of powering your loco and I would like to see the finished model running around a track pulling a couple of wagons.

Interesting project. Myself I do not have any of this pneumatic equipment in LEGO. Is the set up that you used in your final model for the pistons and that the same as in the video you posted? Does the engine run smoothly now it is all built up? Sorry for asking so many questions but as I said I do not have these bits. How have you managed to power it, is there a tender with some kind of compressor to run the pistons? Whatever you have it does seem a rather unique way of powering your loco and I would like to see the finished model running around a track pulling a couple of wagons.

Yes . It would if I had more then 2 pumps. I use a 2 pump hand pump . No tender as of now. I will after I build some box cars to match. I also plan to make a Garret Locomotive next!

I am very interested in Lego Pneumatic engines. You have done a relatively good job at making it work. Most of the pneumatic vehicles I have seen have to much visible parts, and are too big, but you have done well to hide the pneumatic while keeping the model compact.

Sorry for the horrible video quality! My $250 camera is missing. :cry_sad:

Bad news! The lego tration bands make the traction worse! :cry_sad: than the rubber band I was using!