Was just seeing if they had any sales on at the mo and saw they are listing the new F1 (42000) as being available for sale now, and most of the stores near me had at least 1 in stock. Thought it was meant to be released Feb/Mar time??

Wow, that is early. They also had the 8070 supercar over a month early. Someone needs to get this and find out the new part numbers. :grin:

aye, just checked irish argos and it is listed. 120eu though and no power functions at all. it should be a massive thing then for that price! out of stock here though. i wonder when we will be able to get it from amazon or other retailers.

Was just seeing if they had any sales on at the mo and saw they are listing the new F1 (42000) as being available for sale now, and most of the stores near me had at least 1 in stock. Thought it was meant to be released Feb/Mar time??

Do you have the catalogue number to hand? Or a link to their product, page? I cannot find it?

What sort of function it will add though? Opening engine hood only? A bit weird.

79£ ain't that bad. 120eu for us here is a bit steep.

What sort of function it will add though? Opening engine hood only? A bit weird.

That and ajusting the rear wing angle... but I will surely motorise it to drive and steer instead :cry_happy:

£80 translates to ~100€ which is a bit steep for a set whitout any motors :hmpf_bad:

Sorry cant quote on mobile version, Pedro Antunes, but I agree on pricing. This looks like in a region of that pick up truck region. Non motorised and similar part/size place. 59.99eu for that truck was very very fair. This F1 car should not be more then 80eu.

I guess lego charging that much, because they can :(

I picked this set up this afternoon from Argos, paid £79.99. Hoping to start building it tonight! Looks like a great set, judging by the wheel/tyre size it's going to be a good size and weight.

I know what I'll be doing tomorrow now! I'm more a fan of construction machinery, but can't resist something a bit different from time to time when it comes to Technic.

Thanks for the heads up - I was checking the site but it only shows up if you search 'All Lego', rather than just looking for Technic.

Richard.

T900OON nice one. Will you be able to post some pics with some other model or item for scaling? Will you be able to to show alternative model too? Part count?

It should be really a lot of parts if it is unmotorised for 119eu.

Hi shadowhearth, I'll put some photos on here once I've got it built (if I can work out how! Guess I can link my Flickr photos on here?) I'm planning on building both models probably starting with the F1 car. I've got a couple of other models to compare the scale, I'll include these in the photos.

Edited by T900OON

Nice one m8. If you got android or iPhone them get yourself photobucket app. Toucan set it automatically upload your photos online and toucan get forum type links to post here. Photobucket cambe used easily on PC and on phone.use it myself m8.

If you can, try and get a scan or photo of the parts list from the back of the instruction book.. That way we'll know what the part numbers are for ordering them... (New Hubs, White #13 and #14 panels, etc..)

I am getting ready to put in an order from lego and would like to check and see if they are available for purchase yet...

Or if you could just tell us what those numbers are for the new parts, that would be very helpfull...

Not sure I've got time to build this tonight, here are the photos of the box and parts list. Only the instructions for the F1 car are included in the box, the Racing Truck instructions are downloadable via the Lego website, however, as this is such a new model the instructions aren't available online yet. Andy.

2E15475B-9F06-4D90-8070-86F8E7AE0EAB-277-000000166E7C0748.jpg

1A9AECD5-1ACA-4404-A9C9-A4C8DA484BD9-438-0000002162A60FE6.jpg

C01724C7-3AF9-42FE-9B4E-20821341D542-104-000000005025D1C5.jpg

Those wheel hub parts look great!

I'm curious to see what kind of steering range the front hubs offer, especially with a drive axle going through it.

These parts would be very useful in mocs. :thumbup:

Hmmm, is part 6030286 (in black, 2nd page, 2nd column, 4th from the bottom) a 5L half beam, the +OOO+ beam that was speculated when the pictures were leaked in the ebay auction a few months ago?

#13 and #14 white panels, along with the new hub parts won't be available through Lego Direct until the beginning of February.

#13 and #14 white panels, along with the new hub parts won't be available through Lego Direct until the beginning of February.

February..? That sucks.. I already have plans for them... That center hub is just the same thing on the Unimog/Crawler isn't it..?

I see that the Crankshaft center color has been changed to tan...

By the way, when did the crankshaft ends change from yellow to a mustard orange yellow color..? i just ordered a bunch and the ones that I got are not the traditional yellow color..