Second chassis experiment

2 replies to this topic

#1 apemax

apemax

Member: 13948

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hello all. This is my second chassis experiment. I made this mainly to try and make live axles on both the front and the back which went fairly well. I also tried to do return-to-center steering which didn't go very well. Doesn't work overly well but for a first attempt i don't think it's to bad. :classic: Also this is the first time I made a pair of seats from scratch instead of just using the ones from my 8437 Future Car.

A few of the problems with this model: the springs for the suspension are too soft and i don't have any harder springs so hence i used them, I don't think the drive train would be strong enough if there was a whole body on it and finally i ran out of pieces. hence I only made the front cabin.

As usual it's powered by a XL motor for drive, a M motor for the steering and it has the IR receiver and battery box. It also has a V12 engine and a front fan to cool the engine down. (Doesn't really need it, Just thought it would be cool. :grin: ) I also had to nick the steering wheel from my 8110 Unimog as i don't have any spare ones. The tyres however i didn't take from my Unimog, i managed to get a spare set of 4 of them so now i have 8 Unimog tyres. :grin:  On with the pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And now some pictures without the cabin on.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

more pictures here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=518238 (once it becomes public that is.)

And finally a video of it:

Hope you like it. Any comments/questions welcome. :classic:

Edited by apemax, 10 December 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#2 Alasdair Ryan

Alasdair Ryan

• Technic Hall of Fame Editor

Member: 8292

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

A nice attempt I like the suspension :classic: .
If you plan on going outside with I would change those wheels.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan, 10 December 2012 - 07:50 PM.

Posted Image

Updated 02/08/12
Posted Image

#3 apemax

apemax

Member: 13948

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostAlasdair Ryan, on 10 December 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

A nice attempt I like the suspension :classic: .
If you plan on going outside with I would change those wheels.

Thanks. I don't really plan on using outside so the tyres aren't much of a problem. I do plan on getting some more off-road tyres at some point though.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users