Jump to content


Heroica RPG - Quest #54: Taking Out the Laundry

Heroica RPG Eubric

355 replies to this topic

#1 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 5285
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Posted Image


The heroes leave the hall and make their way through the bright sunshine to the Cathedral of Commerce, it's Gothic arches and spires looming over them like the peaks of the mountains of Titaan.

Posted Image
Lord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher) *Party Leader*
Level 20 Paladin *Immune to Fragile*
Power: 38
Defense: 12
Health: 42/42
Ether: 14/14
Gold:  21 (Owe 50 to Docken, 79 to Arthur)
Equipment: Scupperer (Great-sword, WP: 10, Darkness, Causes Bleeding Effect for 5 Damage until remedied or healed to full health) Round Metal Shield (SP: 7), Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (+4 to Power, -6 to Ether), Counterstrike Gloves (On Free Hits, Deals damage to enemy equal to Boomingham's level), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, Immunity to Fragile)
Inventory: Frozen Saber (Great-sword, WP: 9, stunned effect, Light), Bedroll, 4 Bones, 4 Meads, 1 Phoenix essence, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Marksman's Monocle, Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile for rest of battle, 5 ether, 50/50 chance) Ruby, Garnet, Opal

Posted Image
Ellaria Arbour (Sandy)
22 years old female human Druid
Level 17.5 ; *Immune to Sealing*
Power: 30 (17+10+3) (26 for ranged attacks (17+6+3))
Health: 32/32 (9+16+7)
Ether: 24/24 (5+16+1+2)
Gold: 11
Equipment: Ignis Fatuus (WP:10, fire-elemental staff), Mage's Muffler (protects from sealing) Black Bandana (Power +3, pirate lingo)
Inventory: Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:6, wood-elemental crossbow), Topaz (Lightning), Potion, 2 Grand Potions, 2 Grand Tonics, Elixir, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Smelling Salts, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Bone

Posted Image
William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik)
Level 15.5 Warden
Power: 20
Health: 28/28
Gold: 0
Equipment: Repeating Crossbow (WP: 5 May not be upgraded; Fire; Hastened), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (Power +1 on the front row, doubles movement)
Inventory: Hand Cannon (WP: 5; Lightning, Wood), Chimera Armor (Torsowear, Suitable for Knights and Barbarians, +2 SP, +2 Health), Pauldrons (SP +2, suitable to Knights, Dragoons and Skirmishers; accessory), Lion Knight Shield (SP: 4, Unsuitable), Sapphire, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Mead, Smelling Salts, Pickaxe, Skeleton Decoy, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Venom, Elven Bomb, Bomb XX, Wave Sword (WP: 11; Cursed Effect), Croise Crossbow (WP: 11), Fire Bomb, Water Bomb, Amethyst

The heroes inquired at the entrance of the cathedral as to the location of the priest and soon found themselves outside a wooden door just off of the main courtyard. Rapping upon the oaken beams, the door slowly opened noisily on its hinges.


Posted Image


Posted Image
"Yyyyyes, can I help you?"

QM Note: Please ensure that all of your stats are correct.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image   Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 41 Ogre, Hunter   Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 1 Vampire, Cleric


#2 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 10622
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

OoC: The stats are correct.

Ellaria nods to her two party mates.

"Good to see you both. You must be Master Harkenshire", she said to the stoic warden. "I am Ellaria, a druid by the mercy of Sylvania. Together we will get to the bottom of this dirty business, I believe."

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#3 Zepher

Zepher

  • Green!


    Posts: 9477
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Boomingham smiles.

"Harkenshire, nice to see you.  I think we've crossed paths once or twice in the Hall, but never out on a quest.  Might do you some good to outfit yourself, chap.  Take off that silly amulet you have on your neck, and start outfitting yourself like a warrior.  That armor and pauldrons will do fine.  And start carrying that shield, would you?"

"Ellaria, it seems we're out on the road again.  Hopefully this time we won't have to pretend to be father and daughter, but you never know where a quest may lead."

"Hello, chap!  We've come to help some Priest with his cloths, want to let us in?"

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Lil' Zepher In Mafia School


#4 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 10622
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostZepher, on 08 December 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

"Ellaria, it seems we're out on the road again.  Hopefully this time we won't have to pretend to be father and daughter, but you never know where a quest may lead."

Ellaria pokes the old paladin's ribs.

"Oh, come now, can't you admit that was fun, despite the awful circumstances? There's so few reasons to smile in this life, we have to embrace each of them."

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#5 Zepher

Zepher

  • Green!


    Posts: 9477
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

"Yes indeed.  I'm sad that our little foray into the heart of Strivvi was cut short.  The party we were working with was... sorted, but there's no denying that we were relatively well skilled when it came to dealing with danger, and when it comes down to it, that's all you can really ask for."

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Lil' Zepher In Mafia School


#6 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

  • Thinks dead fish can drool


    Posts: 1586
    Joined: 28-August 11
    Member: 20078
    Country: HK/Aus

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Stats seem to be correcto

"Ah, Ellaria, well met." William says as he equips his Chimera Armour, Pauldrons and Shield. He struggles with his armour as he tries to put it on and takes off his amulet.

Edited by VolcanicPanik, 09 December 2012 - 08:06 AM.

"Your mind is a curious combination of insanity and genius. I simply removed the genius."

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats


#7 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 5285
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

QM Note: Volcanic, you can only equip 2 items between levels 10-19.

The timid man answers Boomingham.

Posted Image
"Yes, yes. I am Spinnetus, please, please come in."

The man ushered the small group into the room.

Posted Image

The room was dark, an unlit candel stood to one side behind a small desk. A narrow cot sat next to an oaken trunk. The priest picked up a black cloak from the bed.

Posted Image
"Thank you for coming, as I mentioned in the advertisement I need your help finding a cloak very similar to this one. I had my cloak repaired at Swisshopper's, one of the local tailors, after it was returned to me the other day I discovered they had given me the wrong cloak."

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 09 December 2012 - 06:11 AM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image   Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 41 Ogre, Hunter   Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 1 Vampire, Cleric


#8 Zepher

Zepher

  • Green!


    Posts: 9477
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

"I know Swisshopper!  He's a good business man, and makes suitable clothing.  It must have been a mistake.  We can stop by there, unless you've got something else to say to us.  Tell me, why does a man of Mercutio seem so nervous?  Don't you have faith that it will all work out?"  Boomingham winks.  "Also, the notice said that we would discuss payment once here.  So... how's it looking in that department?"

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Lil' Zepher In Mafia School


#9 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 5285
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Posted Image
"Because of this..."

Spinnestus tosses the cloak gently to Boomingham.

Posted Image Padded Cloak - A finely tailored cloak of soft material weighing a considerable amount.(Quest Item)

The paladin takes a few steps back as he is weighed down by the sheer weight of the cloak. Upon further inspection Boomingham notes the gleam of gold bars sewn into the hem of the cloak.

Posted Image
"That, that's why I've been so nervous. There's nearly 7000 coins worth of gold in there. Now you see why I'm afraid, if I put up an advertisement saying "Missing cloak worth 7000 Gold" there's no way of telling what riffraff it might attract to my door-step looking for an easy picking. I've been scared to even go out my door, frightened that there might be someone who knows, someone who wouldn't think twice about killing me for this cloak."

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 09 December 2012 - 06:12 AM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image   Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 41 Ogre, Hunter   Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 1 Vampire, Cleric


#10 Zepher

Zepher

  • Green!


    Posts: 9477
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Boomingham's eyes gleam.  A massive smile spreads across his face.  "You know, you're lucky you got Ellaria, Harkenshire and myself.  There are some folks in Heroica who wouldn't think twice about killing you for this cloak."

"But not you?" Barty asks with a twitter.  Boomingham swats at him.

"Never mind the little nuisance.  His name is Barty, and he's a punishment of some sort for something, I'm certain.  Anyway, we can take this jacket back to the person it belongs to.  Swisshopper will be our first stop.  Do you figure he knows that amount of gold in the cloak?  If he cleaned it, he must know.  Perhaps he can point us in the direction of the proper owner.  And not to nag too much, Priesty, but I would like to know exactly you're planning to thank Heroica for it's efforts."

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Lil' Zepher In Mafia School


#11 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 5285
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Posted Image

"Thank you. Thank you. You've know idea the load that takes off my mind, not having to worry about robbers or thieves in the night. I just knew that if I did the right thing that Mercutio would smile down upon me. Now, I don't know if Swisshopper's was aware of the mistake, one of the clerks dropped it off earlier in the week and I've been fretting in here ever since, but I'm sure he could at least point you to its original owner."

"As to compensation, remember you're carrying around a 7000 Gold cloak! I'm sure it's owner will be more than happy to reward you for its return. However should you bring me back my own cloak, I can spare at least 50 Gold and a Nostrum for each of you."

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 09 December 2012 - 07:19 AM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image   Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 41 Ogre, Hunter   Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 1 Vampire, Cleric


#12 Zepher

Zepher

  • Green!


    Posts: 9477
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

"Sounds fair enough.  I think it best we head out to Swisshopper's as soon as Harkenshire and Ellaria are done asking any questions they've got."

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Lil' Zepher In Mafia School


#13 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 10622
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostWaterbrick Down, on 09 December 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

QM Note: Volcanic, you can only equip 2 items between levels 10-19.

OoC: William is a Warden, so he can equip a shield as well as two artefacts. :wink:

Ellaria smiles at the priest. She can't deny that the amount of gold is tempting, but keeping it would only put herself and her companions in the danger that the priest is in.

"We are more than happy to relieve you of this burden. You can trust us to find the correct owner of this cloak and restore your peace of mind. We can only hope this is not ill-gained gold hidden in the seams..."

Ellaria nods at Lawrence, signalling that she is ready to go.

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#14 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

  • Thinks dead fish can drool


    Posts: 1586
    Joined: 28-August 11
    Member: 20078
    Country: HK/Aus

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

"Letsa go!" William shouts in as he follows the others.

"Your mind is a curious combination of insanity and genius. I simply removed the genius."

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats


#15 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 5285
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

The party leaves for Swisshoppers. As they approach the tailor's shop they are greeted by a reasonable size crowd gathered around what seem to be a picket line.


Posted Image


Posted Image
"Swisshopper must go!"


Posted Image
"We won't stand for any more of this!"


Posted Image
"Puny tailor!"

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image   Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 41 Ogre, Hunter   Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 1 Vampire, Cleric


#16 Zepher

Zepher

  • Green!


    Posts: 9477
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Boomingham struggles to get to the center of the crowd, glancing behind him from time to time to see if his party members are following him.  He draws Scupperer and his Frozen Sabre and holds them out, using them to push back both sides of the crowd.  He tries his best to be diplomatic.

"Lord Boomingham here, from Heroica.  That there's Ellaria, and behind her is Harkenshire.  What seems to be the problem here?"

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Lil' Zepher In Mafia School


#17 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 5285
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image
"Ah good, heroes, just what we needed. Did ya come here to gawk or you going to make yourselves useful? This band of rocklings is disturbin' the peace, they won't listen to any reason. Mind clearin' them out?"


Posted Image
"Disturbing the peace? Au contrair, my good watch man, we are merely protesting the unfair treatment by Master Swisshopper of his employees and the terrible impact he has had on the rockling population here in Eubric. In the past week he closed down 3 tailors, 2 cobblers, and a haberdasher. Gone. Out of business. Undercut by this... this... businessman."

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 10 December 2012 - 12:40 AM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image   Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 41 Ogre, Hunter   Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 1 Vampire, Cleric


#18 Zepher

Zepher

  • Green!


    Posts: 9477
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

"Business is business, Rockling.  If he's being smarter than you, that's that.  His business is stronger, so it shuts your's down.  That's how life works.  Now, that being said, if he's abusing his men... that's something that perhaps we should be putting a stop to.  Are any of them here themselves?  Do they themselves think they are mistreated?"

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Lil' Zepher In Mafia School


#19 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 5285
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Posted Image
"Smarter? If money equals wisdom then he is genius. No, my kind has served the people of this city from its early days as a fishing town. We have always produced the finest in garments of all kinds until Swisshopper and his coffers moved into town, buying up or out every single business that stood any chance of competing with them. Tailor after tailor has had to close up shop and to whom do they go to earn food for their families? Swisshopper! Nearly 3/4 of my people are employed by him and with that much of a work force he can turn out coats and cloaks at 1/16th the cost of the other merchants in town and pay his employees at 1/16th their normal fare as well, not to mention makin' them work twice as long."

"As for working conditions, do you think any of his employees are going to lose their job by piping up? Sure he gives them enough to subsist on, but as far as sharing any of his wealth with his workers? You'd have to be dumber than a ogre to expect that. Your heroes you should be joining us, fighting against this injustice."

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 10 December 2012 - 04:04 AM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image   Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 41 Ogre, Hunter   Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 1 Vampire, Cleric


#20 Zepher

Zepher

  • Green!


    Posts: 9477
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

"Well, how'd he get the money in the first place?  By being smart, that's how.  Look, picketing isn't going to do you any good.  So he bought you out of business?  Okay, that's said and done.  you either get a job with him and make a living and try to move up in life, or you move on to some other profession and get good at that.  Or if you really want to take him down, you all quit at once, and his business dries up.  But if you don't even have a job with him, there's not much you can do.  He earned this wealth by outsmarting you, why should he share it?  If he's not giving a fair amount, that's one thing, but sounds like you can live off of the amount he gives out.  Again, you really think he's unfair, then his workers only need to walk out, and he'll buy them back at a more fair salary, but being on the streets doesn't help anyone, including yourselves."

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Lil' Zepher In Mafia School


#21 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 5285
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Posted Image
"Heroes, hah! Your pockets are lined with the gold of the wealthy while the rest of us barely survive. You traipse around in your fine capes with your pretty swords, forgetting the very ones who slaved away to dress you in such finery. Cheapness, that's what he's selling and making a mockery of our race by having us do it for him. Go back to that mercenary hall from whence you came from sir knight, perhaps your companions will yet have compassion."

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image   Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 41 Ogre, Hunter   Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 1 Vampire, Cleric


#22 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

  • Thinks dead fish can drool


    Posts: 1586
    Joined: 28-August 11
    Member: 20078
    Country: HK/Aus

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

William steps forward, "Sir Rockling, it seems you and your kind and the rest of the shopkeepers have been repeatedly lowballed by this Swisshopper fellow. Now, if what you say is true, and I have no doubt it is, he isn't the most squeaky clean businessman. So if we could somehow, say, alter this current situation and give everyone some fairness, will you kindly assist us in our quest of most noble intentions?"

"Your mind is a curious combination of insanity and genius. I simply removed the genius."

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats


#23 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 5285
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Posted Image
"Finally a hero with some sense. Yes, my kind would be more than happy to help you and your companions with your quest. It ain't going to be easy getting Swisshopper to come out here and say he's going to close his business though."

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image   Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 41 Ogre, Hunter   Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 1 Vampire, Cleric


#24 Zepher

Zepher

  • Green!


    Posts: 9477
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

Boomingham rolls his eyes.

"What right do we have to take away this man's business from him?  He bought up the businesses according to the Rocklings.  They sold them.  They at least made some gold going out of business.  We're just going to go bully this poor man into giving up his business for no reason what-so-ever other than that he put some people out of work.  It doesn't make sense.  When he first arrived, you had the opportunity to put a stop to him.  You could have not sold your shops, or not worked for him in the first place.  It sounds to me like you got yourselves into this situation and now are expecting someone to swoop in and rob him so you can make gold again.  If he had someone cheated you, and you had no power in this situation, it'd be different, but you gave up power, and still have some.  You could have fought him and you can still fight him.  I'm not going to stop your protest, but I certainly won't be helping you.  Now, if you'd allow me to have a word with Swisshopper, that'd be peachy."

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Lil' Zepher In Mafia School


#25 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

  • Thinks dead fish can drool


    Posts: 1586
    Joined: 28-August 11
    Member: 20078
    Country: HK/Aus

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

"Think of this as, a somewhat hostile business negotiation Lord Boomingham."

"Your mind is a curious combination of insanity and genius. I simply removed the genius."

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats




Reply to this topic



  



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Heroica, RPG, Eubric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users