Slight mod on new flatbed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sneff

sneff

Member: 21219

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Posted Image V-LC-22A

Just picked up the new 2013 rescue flatbed at my local TRU.  Great set but i thought i could improve it a bit.
I decided to make a slight change to bed.  I didnt like how the bed was at to high of an angle when it was extended so i moved it back a bit to decrease the angle.  I also moved the winch up towards the cab.  This also enabled the car to fit better on the flatbed.
   I also filled the gap with a couple side emergency lights under the bed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Interesting, but some better pictures of before and after might help us understand what you are saying about the designs short-comings. :wink:
Anyway, Brick On 'sneff' ! :classic:

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

I wondered if the bed would be too steep, when I made one it was a lot longer to get an appropiate angle:
Posted Image
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, Watchman, Protector, Frost Berserker, Manager, Gatekeeper, and Strategic Heavy Weight in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#4 sneff

sneff

Member: 21219

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

View Postlightningtiger, on 02 December 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

Interesting, but some better pictures of before and after might help us understand what you are saying about the designs short-comings. :wink:
Anyway, Brick On 'sneff' ! :classic:

Yes sorry about the ugly pics from my phone.
All I did was to move the bed back one stud so it is on less of an angle when loading the car onto the bed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users