WideWiiLover

City Advent Calander 2012 Day Reveal

Here is my topic with my day by day reveal of the 2012 City Advent Calendar.

Let's start with Day 1:

DAY 1

photo.jpg

Firefighter MiniFig

Extras today include a black megaphone and maroon fire helmet

Thanks for starting to show what's in the Advent 'WideWiiLover', so you get two megaphones in one day - cool ! :grin:

I look forward to day two.....Brick On in Advent 'WideWiiLover' ! :classic:

DAY 2

So today i was actually shocked by the lack of parts in such a big box......but then again, all the doors are the same size..

Here is today's gift:

day2.jpg

You get a nice power chain saw, and some 1x1 round studs in brown a tree trunk. No spare today though...

Chainsaw is a really dirty build; simple yet effective.

By the way, i actually have a Lego City AC, and a Malteasers AC. It's great that every morning i get candy and a little Lego surprise!!!!!

Before any one asks, there were no instructions this year. TLG have printed a completed ISO drawing on the back of the door.

UPDATE: For day 1, i did get a little paper flyer advertising the new Mining sets though...seemed out of place now...

Another day, another piece of advent eh ? Not bad chain saw.....orange and blue - not sure of the brand there ? :blush:

I wait now for day three......Brick On in Advent 'WideWiiLover' ! :grin:

This raises an interesting question, are the instructions for the advent calendar documented anywhere officially? They are some great mini-builds, but keeping the boxes around for the instructions takes up a lot of space.

This raises an interesting question, are the instructions for the advent calendar documented anywhere officially? They are some great mini-builds, but keeping the boxes around for the instructions takes up a lot of space.

The pictures are on the back of the Advent calender door you open for that day and can be removed. I'd say they were approx 30x30mm.

Edited by LegoBobby

Weird....I though i posted today.....

DAY 3:

day3.jpg

Our first festive item: A christmas tree.

Complete with lights.

I really like this. It would be a great addition to a store window or a small apartment.

Your thoughts?

Hi there, the tree is nice.. i already 'unpacked' the 4th of december, because it is already tuesdaymorning here in Holland.. The 4th has also a small addition for the tree...;-)

So far the builds are okay. The fireman is great and I guess the chainsaw is alright. The Christmas tree is a nice festive decoration. Now I wonder what else there is in the 2012 Advent Calendar. Hopefully there's more great builds. :wink:

DAY 4:

We get a real suprise:

day4.jpg

Yup some steps and a magic green Star wand thing! Merry Christmas!

EDIT: After consulting the box, the star is for the top of the tree, therefore i can assume that the steps are to help somebody put the star on the tree.....I guess?

Today was pretty disappointing. Steps? Really?

Maybe I was spoiled in the past, but looking back at great calendars like 7907, almost every single build from that found its way into my LEGO City. This is just fodder for the parts bin.

Hopefully the rest gets better. I don't know what has happened to LEGO Advent calendar designs recently, but if the quality doesn't start improving, I'm afraid this is one LEGO tradition we'll have to give up. I think what I spent on Advent calendars this year, and the other sets that money could be spent on... so far I'm disappointed.

Lame.....really a star and some steps.....oh, well....it is an advent calendar eh ? :laugh:

I wait again for the next day.....Brick On in Advent 'WideWiiLover' ! :grin:

Thanks for the reveal! I haven't gotten the City calendar this year (although I got the last three), so it's nice to have the opportunity to see what I'm missing (perhaps I should get one now and catch up?)

I'm doing the Star Wars and Friends calendars this year. It appears no one else here has posted a review / reveal for the Friends calendar; perhaps I should do it myself...

Before any one asks, there were no instructions this year. TLG have printed a completed ISO drawing on the back of the door.

That's apparently typical of LEGO's Advent Calendars. Every one of the six I've done or am doing (City 2009, City 2010, City 2011, Star Wars 2011, Star Wars 2012, Friends 2012) has done it that way.

UPDATE: For day 1, i did get a little paper flyer advertising the new Mining sets though...seemed out of place now...

The most recent calendars all seem to have those little fold-out 'posters.' I think they started doing them last year, IIRC (I don't remember whether the 2011 City calendar did or not, but I know the 2011 Star Wars one did, and both Star Wars and Friends have them this year as well).

Yeah I have to agree with the others too. Just getting steps and a star really is disappointing...

Day 5:

Today was a surprise! We got some tools and the best part (Well in my opinon) BRICK Bricks....My First 4....

day5.jpg

Sometimes I just want LEGO to put these BRICK bricks in (a) more colours and (b) in the PAB Walls......

Wishful Thinking.

Still today beats yesterday's STEPS!!!!

Edited by WideWiiLover

Sometimes I just want LEGO to put these BRICK bricks in (a) more colours and (b) in the PAB Walls......

Wishful Thinking.

Still today beats yesterday's STEPS!!!!

You know, after last year's Advent Calendar with the log cabin walls, I noticed a lot of pieces from that set showing up in PAB walls: namely, the 1 x 2 and 1 x 4 "log" walls and the 1 x 4 brown tiles. I'd hoped that the leftover AC pieces were recycled into PAB fodder...which gives me the vain hope that leftover AC pieces from this year will show up at PAB in a few months?

Day 6:

Today we are gifted with a new Minifig (And my first child size one.....YEAHA!)

day6.jpg

He comes with helmet, padded jacket torso (which has back printing) and short stumpy deep dark blue legs. We also get some 1x1 stud snow

Extras: Extra Helmet (Handy since these don't come up often) and 4 extra 1x1 pieces in white (The reveal image only showed 1 1x1 white stud, but i'm assuming somebody at LEGO packaging thought that wasn't enough snow -- and I agree....

Stay Tuned For Day 7!

Ah, new body parts, extra helmet and 1x1 round plates.....cool.....I now wait for the next instalment.....Brick On in Advent 'WideWiiLover' ! :grin:

I got my first calendar this year. Love it. But I wonder, is this a boy or a girl? When comparing today's kid with the ones from set 10229, it has the torso of the boy and the head of the girl. I'm puzzled...

I got my first calendar this year. Love it. But I wonder, is this a boy or a girl? When comparing today's kid with the ones from set 10229, it has the torso of the boy and the head of the girl. I'm puzzled...

It's a Boy's head and a unisex torso....There is no girly features in it....

The child minifigure looks quite good and the rack is great too for a few extra tools.

Day 7:

Today we are given a christmas preseant for our boy mini fig....A remote controlled firetruck!

day7.jpg

Includes your standard extras: 1x Blue Lever, 1x Dark Clear Cheese Slope, 1x Blue Clear Stud, 1x Black Stud

I thought this was kinda cute....