My Schoolbus -OR- Why I don't MOC Vehicles

3 replies to this topic

#1 LegoCityMann

LegoCityMann

• 90 year old scientist

Member: 17769

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Posted Image V-LB-05E

I had this great design in my head. This is how it translates to building.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments and Suggestions welcomed. I haven't done the interior yet and am thinking of tearing it apart and making it over. Would making it 8 wide be better. Would 8-wide still fit in a city with 6-wide vehicles.
Stoneford: My Modular Town Where I keep a running thread about my modular town, new buildings, and changes to old ones.

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Okay, nice idea but scaling is the issue here....if that is the size of your vehicle then the next size up in wheels and tyres is the way to go or scale down the height of the bus....it just looks a little odd.
Keep going and Brick On 'LCM' ! :classic:

#3 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

I think you have the basics there, but does seem a little out of proportion and too blocky.  A couple of suggestions: double set of wheels at the back and more curves / less studs on the roof (maybe use a bonnet piece at the front end of the roof?).

There also seems to be a gap between the roof and the doors and windows.

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#4 LegoCityMann

LegoCityMann

• 90 year old scientist

Member: 17769

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

View Postlightningtiger, on 01 December 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

Okay, nice idea but scaling is the issue here....if that is the size of your vehicle then the next size up in wheels and tyres is the way to go or scale down the height of the bus....it just looks a little odd.
Keep going and Brick On 'LCM' ! :classic:

Yea, I thought about moving the tire size up a bit.

View PostKristel, on 01 December 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

I think you have the basics there, but does seem a little out of proportion and too blocky.  A couple of suggestions: double set of wheels at the back and more curves / less studs on the roof (maybe use a bonnet piece at the front end of the roof?).

There also seems to be a gap between the roof and the doors and windows.

The gap is because the roof is just "sitting" on the windows. It's not "locked" down yet as I haven't done the interior. I like the bonnet idea but I didn't have enough to pull it off. Maybe some yellow tiles.

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe Bus 2.0 will be up later tonight.

~LCM
Stoneford: My Modular Town Where I keep a running thread about my modular town, new buildings, and changes to old ones.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users