79003 An Unexpected Gathering - Space-Saving MOD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Admonisher

Admonisher

Member: 7469

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

This is hardly a stroke of brilliance on my part, but here's a subtle space-saving MOD for "An Unexpected Gathering," such as you might do if you wanted to display it flush against a flat wall, and/or (as in my situation) on a narrower shelf. I think this maintains a pleasing interior that keeps with the feel of Bag End. It also gives Bilbo a high stool so he can reach his writing desk. :classic:  The obvious trade-off is that you lose the party scene -- but that wasn't a major loss for me.

Posted Image

This was done entirely using pieces that came with the set (including some extras, such as the brown studs for the shelf bottoms). I also used some bonus cheese slopes to smooth out a few tree brances. Frodo is inside because Bilbo is outside to greet Gandalf and Balin (re-creating a scene from the novel).

Incidentally, I'm very close to jumping on the "best set ever" bandwagon. The more I look at this beauty, the more I love it! When the Tolkien line was announced, this was the number one set I wanted to see, and it exceeds all my expectations!

#2 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

That's a really good idea. I will probably do something similar once I own the set. I should do that same mod with The Burrow from HP.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#3 Admonisher

Admonisher

Member: 7469

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostTheLegoDr, on 01 December 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

That's a really good idea. I will probably do something similar once I own the set. I should do that same mod with The Burrow from HP.

If you do either of these, I'd love to see pics of your results!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users