The news that Disney purchased the rights to Star Wars was surprising, exciting, and controversial all at once for Star Wars fans. The announcement that three new movies will be made is probably the most important, and this news forms the base for Eurobricks' next Star Wars LEGO building contest. In this contest, the goal is to create a MOC that represents a scene that you think should be or will be in the next Star Wars movie. You should try to create something that could potentially happen in the next movie, but feel free to use your imagination (humorous entries are O.K., as long as they stay within the theme). There will be two categories, which will be explained next, and some fantastic prizes to win.
Please read the rules carefully, as entries will need to abide by all requirements. Entries that do not meet requirements will need to be adjusted, or face disqualification.
Build anything relating to the contest theme that fits into a 16 x 16 stud footprint. The dimensions are flexible, which means that 8 x 32 creations or any other combination adding up to 256 studs is acceptable. A four stud overhang is allowed. Vehicles are perfectly valid here, as long as they fit inside the size constraints.
Prizes For Small Category
A White Boba Fett minifigure (donated by TLG)
A TC-14 minifigure (donated by TLG)
In this category, there is no size limitation. You can build anything you want that relates to the theme. However, keep in mind that size is not as important as quality.
Prizes for Main Category
A brand-new 10221 Super Star Destroyer (donated by TLG)
A Shirtless Darth Maul minifigure (donated by TLG)
The Padawan Menace DVD (donated by Stash2Sixx)
- Contest will run from December 1st to February 1st. Entries must be posted by 11:59 P.M. GMT on February 1st (make sure you check to see how your local time zone compares). Entries posted after this deadline will not be accepted.
- Entries must be at least somewhat based on Star Wars. However, this does not mean that entries must be something directly from the Star Wars franchise. New places, ships, and other ideas are all acceptable.
- One entry per member.
- All entries must be new creations that have not been posted anywhere prior to the contest's start.
- All entries must include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
- Decals and custom minifigures and accessories (Brickarms, Brickforge) are allowed, but modifying parts is not allowed.
- Entries are to be posted in the Watto's Junkyard sub forum of the Star Wars forum.
- To enter your MOC, create a new thread in Watto's Junkyard with the title labeled Future of SW Contest: followed by the name of the entry. For example, Future of SW Contest: Han Solo Visits the Planet XYZ
- Post pictures no larger than 800 x 600
- All entry threads are considered WIPs (work in progress), which means that you can make improvements to your MOC up until the final deadline.
Please let us know here if you have any questions, and good luck to all!