brickerik

French Toy Fair 2007 : the pictures !

Hi,

FreeLUG members were to the french Toy Fair. We wrote an article (in french) on our website

Among the new sets, we can spotlight :

the new electrical system with IR remote control, for the Technic bulldozer and the Creator Dino. The electrical plugs are a new system (neither the classical 2x2 nor the new NXT one).

A remote control can control 2 motors at the same time, and has 4 different channels (so we can control 8 motors). There is an IR receiver, with also the 4 different channels.

the StarWars line : the MTT is really impressive ! The new Jedi Kit Fisto :

the castle line :

the new arms of skeleton and weapons :

Ferrari :

the new Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano 1:10

Creator : a new truck

EDIT :

Due to heavy traffic, please use the following links :

North America :

http://www.jordanschwarz.com/mirror/lego2007/

http://www.jordanschwarz.com/mirror/lego2007-2/

Europe :

http://www.freelug.org/toysfairParis2007/

http://files.netsence.com/lego/lego2007/

http://files.netsence.com/lego/lego2007-2/

Thanks to people who are mirroring the pictures.

Erik

Wow gotta love that new kit fisto head though it dosent look to legoish to me, the hyper ring looks ok but not the greatest.

And the new arm pieces for the skeletons looks alot better as does the new face print.

Wow, thanks for the pics, creator looks great, as does that massive exo-force tank, but no bionicle? No mahri?

That new ferrari looks fantastic, i could kiss it! Ahem....but...but that would be odd, obiously! X-D

Thanks for the pics. Kit Fisto obviously isn't finished yet, but the fig looks like it'll be good. The Star Wars sets look awesome!

Yes thanks brickerik *sweet* And FreeLug

The Castle sets really looks good now....

something know if the new Kit Fisto head is like:

Yoda Head

x61.gif :-X

or like

BibFortuna head so a headgear and a normal sand green minifig head? :-|

bb100.gif

:'-(

Yoda Head

or like

BibFortuna head so a headgear and a normal sand green minifig head? :-|

bb100.gif

:'-(

It looks to be more a single mold like Yoda

Other than the creator sets and some of the town sets, I find myself lacking in enthusiasm for these.

What's with the colour schemes on some of these technic sets and the motorized dinosaur? Other than the Ferrari, which at least is consistently red, the others look like a mishmash of oddly coloured parts: green, red, dark gray, light gray, transgreen, and whatever other colour parts they had in the bin, it seems.

Although I have been a big fan of the Ferrari line, it looks like they have run out of ideas.

The creator truck is a very pleasant surprise.

The castle is OK, but it has more in common with Battle at the Pass and Mistland Tower, than with the castles that I love from the 1980's and 90's. I am thinking I probably won't end up buying it.

The bulldozer.... maybe not as great as I thought it was at first. If they have a new power system which is not compatible with 2x2 9V, that would be highly disappointing. I'll reserve judgement about this set.

brickerik, merci beaucoup pour les photos ;-) (translation=Many tks for the pics)

I really wonder who is the retard responsible for putting those SW sets like that !! I have never seen such a lousy exhibit !! Here are a few exemples to illustrate:

* on the Naboo pic, the characters are missing and the antenna is not strait

* On the Y-Wing, the gun turret is so badly misplaced >:-( Who is the retard responsible for that crap ?

* On the MTT, the MFs are so badly placed, its atrocious really !! (The blue droids are the drivers !! and look at that smashed down droideka !!)

Regarding the sets, its nice to see better pics of that really impressive MTT !! This is really a great set !! And that Naboo is pretty decent - like that booster ring !!

Yoda Head

Lets pret"end I haven't read that :-P

You can be sure that the Fisto mold will look nearly exactly as the one from the video game LSW2 ;-)

Regarding Mars Mission, I have to say that the more I look at those sets, the better they appear !!

I am so frustrated at that big base !! I don't want that tubing crap, but I really do love the great ship !! It kind of reminds me of a white version of "Firefox" *wub*

*yoda*

i like the technic sets and the racers sets more than the minifig themes...

that orange truck looks more like the "model team", btw... it's pretty cool

Thanks for the pictures!

The MM sets are interesting, even the ships of the Martians, althouhg I

Yowza!

Well, this year looks good thus far! The Naboo one looks better than expected and that MTT is AMAZING (Even though everything's misplaced, as Yoda said). For some reason, I'm also having a newfound liking for the city and technic sets. The city trucks' resemblance to the real trucks are phenominal! The garbage truck is my favorite of the lot. Mars still looks like I could get more used to it. I'm not really digging the alien's design, but I guess it's not too shabby. Castle on the other hand, looks simply splendid. There's just so much to like about this line! The dragon finally looks awesome too! Exo-Force doesn't look to sharp now. I somewhat like that massive blue, white and orange mech, but the rest could use some work. Even though I understand that the golden temple is meant to be a radio transmitter of sorts (my speculation), at least they could have given those things walls!

But all in all, a good show by LEGO! Thanks for the photos!

Oh, by the way. Anyone else notice the stickers on the Star Wars sets? :'-(

The dragon finally looks awesome too!

I agree. It's perhaps the best dragon LEGO have released, IMO. Castle is looking good overall.

Spiffing :D. I certainly love that MTT even more now, and I actually love that Hyperdrive ring. Yum for me *y*. Thanks so much for the awesome pics. That Kit Fisto fig looks rather smexy ^_^.

The city sets really stand out for me in this years first wave of set, these alone are must haves.

The castle line is getting better all the time with the more i see, its gonna take some getting used to seeing those new arms on the skeletons though.

Wow. lego's looking good for 07. I knew when i saw the new tracks in the techinc snowmobile that a bulldoser was in the works. I'm really cuious to see those new motors working. I saw in the files that there was a video associated with the new dozer, but i can't get it to play for me. Does it show the dozer in action? if the dozer is motorized, then i'd buy it just clean up the loose lego's on my floor after a day of mocing!

I'm liking the new ferrari as well. but by the looks of it, there no suspention. I was really hoping for a suspention this time around since the enzo didn't have it.

Anyone notice the female EF fig in the golden tower set?

-l2k-

Yeah, she

OK, so i was just able to veiw the video files of the bulldozer. Wow. This has to be the BEST TECHNIC SET EVER!!! *y* *y* *y* *y* Without a doubt i will be purchasing this et when it is released.

I aslo took a look at the rest of the 07 sets. This has to be a huge improvment in resent year for all themes. I'm not a star wars fan, but the drone transport ship is very impresive. I also like the new Mars Mision theme. Some of those ships look really good!

But i think the best theme is going to be town. The detail on thes sets is great. I espeacially like the dump truck. I found myself staring at that set of some time. I really like the garbae truck too. I really like the 6 wide trucks. There more to scale than the 4 wide of the yester years. my olny complaint that i can see is that the new crates in the harbor are now 6 wide. I have quite a few of the old 4 wide crates in my town theme that might propose a problem working into the new harbor set. Oh well. I guess not all cargo is meant to be the same size. This is going to be a great year!

Those new motor pieces seem to be very good! The dinosaure is sweet when it moves, and the bulldozer so great! And I hope that they will be cheaper than the NXT set, so maybe...

Except for the weird colour choices on some sets, i'd say 2007 looks bright. :-)

Personal highlights: City and Creator ! *y* Some Mission to Mars and Castle sets also got my attention. X-D