Ludzik

Republic Striker-class Starfighter musings (9497)

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

After trying to get a good deal on an XWing I ended up picking up this set for about $15. Upon building it, I came to the conclusion that from all of the star wars sets I have built so far (in the small fighter category) this is the most "realistic" one. I have built Anakin's Jedi Interceptor as well as the Imperial V-wing Starfighter. I was surprised with the attention to detail in the Striker as well as the fact that all of the pieces in it were printed rather than stickered. Also they did right by me: the cabin has no leaks from the bottom or from of the cockpit like the other two sets do (my pet peeve). There are couple tiny things I will want to change but overall this is my favourite starfighter (so far) :excited::thumbup: Why can't more sets be like that????

Well. I haven't had the pleasure of building the Striker yet, but it seems the set had a good designer(s). Maybe you or one of the ambassadors can find out who(m) at TLG is responsible for this particular model you so admire. I'm sure the company would really appriciate the positive feedback from a happy and satisfied customer. I try to make a point to let companies know how I like their product. The designer(s) would also appriciate a well deserved hi-five, if you will. They might even get promoted or asked to do other great new products you may like even more. :laugh: