Anio

City transport truck

indexed.gif V-LC-21D

Hello,

And here is my second City MOC : a transport truck.

It is a 399 model. And some features are hidden in it. =)

In the middle, I made the trailer widder than the truck in order to make the convoy look bigger.

8216894188_0ccc60459c_c.jpg

8215811221_584679f7b1_c.jpg

The Brickshelf gallery when public : http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=517194

And the FlickR gallery :

Edited by Phred

Excellent transporter there 'Anio'.....I especially like the trailer.....actually I just started watching Mega-truckers on A&E and yours look similar to their trucks. :wink:

Keep them coming and Brick On 'Anio' ! :classic:

That is the second excelent truck there Anio i have seen from your hand. You seem to have the skills for these kind of builds, so keep them coming. We love them.

Now you have to build the two pilot trucks with the flashing lights and "oversized load" signs to go along with it! I see these sometimes on the highways around here. Passing them is... iffy at best. :wacko:

Thanks !

Now you have to build the two pilot trucks with the flashing lights and "oversized load" signs to go along with it! I see these sometimes on the highways around here. Passing them is... iffy at best. :wacko:

"Oversize load", that's the word I was lookking for. I will edit the tittle.

As for the 2 pilot cars, I thought about it, but I really wanted to focus on the truck and the trailer.

edit : well, I can not edit the tittle of the thread. A moderator may do that for me ?

Edited by Anio

Have you considered making the cargo be a half building? You could use the see through bricks for plastic tarp and have the other half already setup someplace :)

Have you considered making the cargo be a half building? You could use the see through bricks for plastic tarp and have the other half already setup someplace :)

Well, the cargo is not the key part of the MOC. It is just here to fill the trailer. My goal was to do a oversized load truck.

Nevertheless, can you post pic to better show what do you have in mind ?

Well, the cargo is not the key part of the MOC. It is just here to fill the trailer. My goal was to do a oversized load truck.

Nevertheless, can you post pic to better show what do you have in mind ?

Imagine a double wide trailer home (or office). It means exactly what it sounds like: it's double the width. Due to it's size transport is an issue (see below)

http://junkgypsyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/HOUSEroad.jpg

So what they have done in US is build them moduralized so that the home (or office trailer) is split down the middle and each half could be transported independently like as though it's only a single wide. Now because the home split down the middle would leave the insides exposed to the elements, they use heavy clear duty foil more often than not to secure it.

http://www.free-mobile-home-info.com/image-files/double-wide-manufactured-home.jpg

What came to my mind when I saw the setup you have is that you can have "half" of the building already on the ground someplace and half on the way there and you can use clear bricks instead of the tarp to secure each half down the middle.

Woo, that would be a big trailer ! ^^

My goal was just to make a small transport truck you know. ^^

Woo, that would be a big trailer ! ^^

My goal was just to make a small transport truck you know. ^^

:) Ok maybe I wasn't clear: your trailer is the right size. What I was suggesting was to take the building that you have and change one of the walls to be a clear one (using clear see through bricks to simulate the tarp) and make it look like a half of a building is being transported.

Edited by Ludzik

Oh, sorry, I see.

I could indeed have made this instead of prefab.

Though, the prefab has the advantage of being very simple regarding the built. It may sound kind of meh to you, but a simple built is important to me. :)

Oh, sorry, I see.

I could indeed have made this instead of prefab.

Though, the prefab has the advantage of being very simple regarding the built. It may sound kind of meh to you, but a simple built is important to me. :)

:) no, it makes perfect sense :)

Prefab building on a truck, that reminds me the famous scene of the movie Lethal Weapon 4 :

t020056.jpg

:grin:

Edited by antp

It's still some sort of American specialty what makes most European (or at least German) shaking their head. Houses that you can carry around. :grin:

Prefab building on a truck, that reminds me the famous scene of the movie Lethal Weapon 4 :

t020056.jpg

:grin:

That's what I was originally looking for while trying to explain the two piece building :)