Beachfront Hotel (built by my little brother)

beach hotel

17 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Posted Image B-OV-39A

My 10 year old brother made this hotel:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
More pictures here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=516930
He would appreciate any C&C :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2 monsinjor

monsinjor

Member: 30140

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Your little brother is very talented, which is not suprising when his older bro is a master builder.
The hotel is very nice. Imagine what skills he will have for few years, he will be unstoppable! :classic:
Great work little man. :thumbup:  Greetings from Croatia!

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

View Postmonsinjor, on 23 November 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

Your little brother is very talented, which is not suprising when his older bro is a master builder.
The hotel is very nice. Imagine what skills he will have for few years, he will be unstoppable! :classic:
Great work little man. :thumbup:  Greetings from Croatia!
Well thanks :blush:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

This little brother has a lot in common with his big brother :laugh: :laugh:

Very nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

#5 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

That's impressive. I like the safety first of those playing with the ball in the water. :wink:  The water/beach is especially nice. I don't know if he had your help with the sand part, but making part of it darker was very good. The water could use some color to it(and/or some trans clear rounds/cheese slopes). It's a great start though.

The building is fantastic. The interior bits he built are great, too. However, as it sits, it appears as though it's just a one room(as in one family can stay there at a time), so I would rename it to beachfront house/vacation home, something of the sort. But, great job anyways. Was this his first MOC?
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#6 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

AWESOME piece of work from your younger brother 'soccerkid06'........lot's of red there :laugh: but that bathroom is excellent.....some clever designing going there.....brick building skills must run in the family.......Brick On both you and your brother 'soccerkid06' ! :sweet:

#7 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Member: 4916

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Wow, your little brother is an amazing builder just like you. I would like to see more MOCs by him in the future. Not even I can build this good. :grin:

#8 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostWedge09, on 23 November 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

This little brother has a lot in common with his big brother :laugh: :laugh:

Very nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

View PostLegocrazy81, on 23 November 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

That's impressive. I like the safety first of those playing with the ball in the water. :wink:  The water/beach is especially nice. I don't know if he had your help with the sand part, but making part of it darker was very good. The water could use some color to it(and/or some trans clear rounds/cheese slopes). It's a great start though.

The building is fantastic. The interior bits he built are great, too. However, as it sits, it appears as though it's just a one room(as in one family can stay there at a time), so I would rename it to beachfront house/vacation home, something of the sort. But, great job anyways. Was this his first MOC?
Thanks for the great comment! The dark tan was his idea, I did help a little in telling him how to layer the sand. You're right about the "hotel" too, a house would be much more fitting. This is his 3rd or 4th, the others have been castle builds :classic:

View Postlightningtiger, on 23 November 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

AWESOME piece of work from your younger brother 'soccerkid06'........lot's of red there :laugh: but that bathroom is excellent.....some clever designing going there.....brick building skills must run in the family.......Brick On both you and your brother 'soccerkid06' ! :sweet:
I don't tend to use red much so that was fair game for him :laugh: We looked at some bathroom designs from the Modular Madness contest then made one that would fit.
Thanks for the comment :sweet:

View Postjust2good, on 23 November 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Wow, your little brother is an amazing builder just like you. I would like to see more MOCs by him in the future. Not even I can build this good. :grin:
Thanks, you'll be seeing lots more from him, he's contemplating a space build now :classic:

#9 wondermonkey

wondermonkey

Member: 17760

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Nice work! I love the brick built chairs. At 10 I would have just used the standard LEGO chair.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Ferrik

Ferrik

Member: 16252

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

The hotel looks excellent. It looks really nice and  cosy. The details for the walls look great... :wink:
Mafia History

Played as
Posted Image
Betty in The Pearl Mafia.

My Academy-approved reviews: 9469 Gandalf Arrives, 8236 Bike Burner, 30027 Reindeer, 8737 Toa Hordika (Bionicle),8514 Power

#11 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

View Postwondermonkey, on 24 November 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

Nice work! I love the brick built chairs. At 10 I would have just used the standard LEGO chair.
Thank you :classic:

View PostFerrik, on 24 November 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

The hotel looks excellent. It looks really nice and  cosy. The details for the walls look great... :wink:

Edited by soccerkid6, 26 November 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#12 The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy

Member: 13286

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Well, that's one talented boy there. I love the hotel and all the little details in it. The bathroom is very skillfully made. Great choise of colours too. Love the whole thing. Let the little man brick on please, so we can see his creations in the future.
You are never to old for Lego (and never to young to start with it)

Posted Image

#13 Ludzik

Ludzik

Member: 23579

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

So realistic!  I swear I saw a similar looking building here by the beach :)

#14 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostThe Dutch Guy, on 26 November 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

Well, that's one talented boy there. I love the hotel and all the little details in it. The bathroom is very skillfully made. Great choise of colours too. Love the whole thing. Let the little man brick on please, so we can see his creations in the future.
Thanks! I encourage him to build and get him LEGO for his birthday :classic:

View PostLudzik, on 26 November 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

So realistic!  I swear I saw a similar looking building here by the beach :)

#15 htbomb

htbomb

Member: 23714

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

Looks great!
visit my website: Magical Hot Wheels  read my blog: HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels

#16 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

View Posthtbomb, on 27 November 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

Looks great!

#17 Jimidimi

Jimidimi

Member: 33667

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I love the chairs :sweet:

#18 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostJimidimi, on 02 December 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

I love the chairs :sweet:
Thank you :classic:

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beach, hotel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users